1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Was the game difficulty nerfed ?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by ddd123, Feb 22, 2019.

1. ddd123

ddd123 Prince

I have played some games the diff under deity and it seems a total joke right now.
    I mean I am not even trying hard, just exploring new civs and stuff and I won every game super easily.

I don't even get all the new changes at all...
    Either the AI cannot use at all the new features or there is some major problem...

Next I'll go back to deity but for now the game seems much easier.
    Also I didn't try to exploit combat, I tried peaceful wins.

hapseleg, youngsteve and Civrinn like this.
  2. kb27787

kb27787 Emperor

well the AI is not particularly racing you for the wonders as aggressively as they once did but other than that I think it's just the extended tech/civic tree that makes AI win much more slowly...

Their behavior has not changed much TBH (their treatment of CS still the same, for example)

3. ddd123

ddd123 Prince

Yeah they totally ignore wonders for some reason, I mean I never even tried to rush that much, just noticed there were the good ones there and took them.
    Also they fall very behind in GP.
    I don't know I will only play deity from next game because it was ridicolous.

4. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

Stonehenge is still not easy but the rest are, it is a wonder fest atm.
    Barbs are flood or famine... and it can be a tiresome flood.
    With dip favour I in essence have double the money I used to
    They do not slot Pingala
    What is it withwalls taking longer to come Up?
    I’m playing peacefully and my neighbours have no walls... are they taunting me?

It’s not a win or lose game, it a how much you can enjoy yourself game.

5. Tech Osen

Tech Osen Emperor

The AI seems to leave me be as long as I'm playing peaceful. They do war a lot among themselves, might hurt their progression? Or they have a harder time dealing with natural disasters and climate change. I get up my dams and barriers asap but the AI is losing districts left and right.

6. Dark_Jedi06

Dark_Jedi06 "Deus ex Machina."

I think all the new systems have made the game easier as the human player takes better advantage of them then the AI. However, I now find myself in the awkward position where King difficulty is too easy but Emperor is too challenging to be fun. :sad:

7. Archon_Wing

Archon_Wing Vote for me or die

The Ai can't handle the new resource system. Actually I can't handle it either.

sa1vy and Civrinn like this.
  8. Fippy

Fippy Micro Junkie Queen

Did VI AIs ever handle anything well?
    Like..anything?

9. Archon_Wing

Archon_Wing Vote for me or die

Spies. Actually naval invasions are ok.

Other than that nothing.

10. acluewithout

acluewithout Deity

11. Cagarustus

Cagarustus Prince

I don’t think you actually realise how good you are at the game.

12. MonkeyPaw

MonkeyPaw Chieftain

The AI civs seem to be expanding slower to me, maybe the quick barbarian spawns are hampering them?

13. Tech Osen

Tech Osen Emperor

Yup, not getting boxed in so fast any more.

Noble Zarkon likes this.
  14. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

we must be playing a different game. :) I'm finding some wonders more difficult to build. Ai no longer neglects Colosseum, don't neglect that. I rarely get it. Angkor Wat goes earlier as well. I sometimes lose Forbidden City. And this is at the same difficulty I played most of my R&F games.

Noble Zarkon likes this.
  15. Eva-kun

Eva-kun Chieftain

Same here. It takes them some time on certain wonders, but I lost quite a few in my current game. Once I out-tech them though, obviously it's easy for me to get them then.

16. King William I

King William I Prince

Another for the harder game camp. I had to drop a difficulty level just to be on par with AI research

17. acluewithout

acluewithout Deity

Well, notwithstanding a really long post about how easy the game is, I’m finding early War has some new challenges.

In particular, getting walls down with archers (always a lazy strategy) really doesn’t work anymore. And Rams with Swords is tougher just because I have less swords. But I also haven’t devoted heaps of time to the game to really nail my early War again, so I think some of the challenge at the moment is just temporary “getting a handle on the game” again type stuff.

Interesting the AI is doing better with Wonders. I never build colosseum because it always feels a bit of a cheap strategy and too easy. If it’s tougher to get, I won’t feel so cheap going for it...

But overall, I feel like the AI has been improved a little (again) and the combat balance is a little better, but the game still feels too easy.

18. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

I’m getting pyramids and Oracle more and Coliseum less. Probably to do with the choices of wonder at the time.

19. Onii-chan

Onii-chan Prince

Before I used to play on Emperor when I just wanted to play for fun and Immortal when I wanted a bit of a challenge. After playing GS for a couple games I kinda felt like Immortal was the new "playing for fun" difficulty instead, and although I haven't tested it yet I presume it'll be easier on Deity than it was before as well

But as always winning a game of Civ VI if you're tryharding is never difficult (well, unless you get rushed in the ancient era which happens sometimes), it's just about at least making the game feel challenging enough to be fun whilst playing whatever type of game you're playing

I've noticed this too; the wonders that have complex placement requirements feel like they're being built more frequently than before by the AI, but as a whole they are building less wonders in general. Maybe they've improved the AI's understanding of sim-city placements but lowered their priority for wonder spamming

Josephias likes this.
  20. ddd123

ddd123 Prince

Yeah I think so, I wasn't talking about specific ones, the feeling is the there are much more leftovers and some are easier to get than before.
    But yeah, I agree that some seems to be still very high on the scale.