1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Washington and Military Might

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by bonafide11, Jul 17, 2012.

1. bonafide11

bonafide11 Worker

Anyone else notice how Washington's "Military Might" is always a bit inflated due to the promotions that his units start with? This is significant especially in the early game when the sight promotions make him appear much stronger than he really is. If you play as Washington, the AI will often be scared of you early on. Since both of his UU also begin with extra promotions, it continues throughout the game, but it's not as significant later on when promotions don't make as significant of a difference in military might.

2. adampjr

adampjr Chieftain

Yea I can see that. I never really thought about it, but the AI does seem a little scared of me in my current game. I'm at the minutemen level. Gengis Khan is terrified. Yea, I could probably beat him right now, but it would be rather costly. :crazyeye:

3. Itstrucktwice

Itstrucktwice Chieftain

The only AFRAID tags I have ever seen are always either attached to Monty or Sejong.

4. The Peacekeeper

The Peacekeeper Chieftain

Washington has been a runaway in every single one of my games. The one civ that is regularly afraid of me is Egypt: one time they were even afraid of me when I was an OCC. :lol:

5. Ghonasiflaids

Ghonasiflaids Warlord

Wow, I never thought about that! This could possibly be an accidental advantage, in that the AI is less likely to pick fights with washington/civs like songhai.