1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Watching that livecast made me feel...

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Dearmad, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Dearmad

Dearmad Dead weight

...a lot more empathy for how my girlfriend must feel sometimes when I play a game. Wow, I love her all the more for putting up with how F'ING BORING I must seem sometimes. LOL! WOW!

I'm going to make her a fine dinner tonight- smoked salmon in a fine white sauce with whiskey, over homemade fettuccine noodles. Then... it's serious cuddling time. :lol:

Thank you TKGreg for showing ME how B O R I N G watching even so fun a game as civ v can BE!

:crazyeye::eek:

2. thungrim

thungrim Warlord

I ain't got the mad culinary skills (but I'm getting there!) so I've been looking after the baby and sending my wife out with her girlfriends at every opportunity to rack up some SERIOUS gamer credit. :)

3. Dearmad

Dearmad Dead weight

There ya go man, there ya go... play to our strengths and we'll get by. :)

And trust me the culinary skills are soooo worth it... omfg my wild oats days were wild... and yet, civilized. Women willingly submit to open, honest seduction when accompanied by awesome meals.

4. alpaca

alpaca King of Ungulates

Wait, you're telling me... that all of these years, you didn't know? :lol:

5. 2K Elizabeth

2K Elizabeth <span style="font-weight:bold; text-decoration: un

You should get her a copy of Civ V so she can play on her own computer with you. :goodjob:

6. Bibor

Bibor Doomsday Machine

Actually Greg was fun and Garrett was a bit boring. But that's because it's Greg's had the mouse (tis' hard to speak of something and stay coherent when every now and then a "new and very important" screen pops up). Looks like a really good game. I'm glad I preordered it.

7. Gazurtoid

Gazurtoid Chieftain

My imaginary girlfriend doesn't object to when I neglect her for hours on end playing computer games. She's the best gf I've ever had.

8. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

I use mine to control the mouse.

9. Insanity_X

Insanity_X Warlord

and the great thing is you don't have to buy a Valentine's present for your right hand.

10. cassembler

cassembler typically in screensaver mode

:eek:Watch out man, that kind of stuff got me married to my girlfriend...

11. Slinko

Slinko Chieftain

... like a little boy on kwanzaa

12. Akar

Akar Warlord

My imaginary girlfriend is playing my imaginary copy of civ 5 with me righht now!!!

13. jagdtigerciv

jagdtigerciv Prince

Hahahaha, yes, the livecast was certainly boring to watch, painful at times. But, more importantly, it was nice to see the game in it's entirety.. or... something close to it!

14. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

I loved it- especially the second one. The first one was slow until he actually started moving units. :). They didn't need to explain concepts we already knew. Just start playing already.

15. mjs0

mjs0 The 4th X

I found the livecast quite interesting and not at all boring to watch, but I'm easily pleased.
    More surprisingly my 9 and 10 year olds sat through the whole 2 hours with me, totally engaged...I can't remember the last time they sat still for that long!

16. nokmirt

nokmirt Emperor

I like what I see about the gameplay. I like the idea of individual city states. I like the new idea about empire happiness, which does away with the sliders system. The combat system is more like the tactical wargames, I used to play from Avalon Hill, when I was a kid. I love the hex system, to me it is so much more realistic. I am halfway through the second video, I wonder if they show any naval warfare?

However, I am moreso concerned about system requirements more than the game itself right now. I am going to start with the demo, coming up next tuesday. I already have a steam account for Napoleon Total War, so that will not be a problem. Then I can decide, based on how well current computer plays the demo, what to do for an upgrade. I need another PC so I am just going to buy one, and it will need a quad core processor, and a big step up in graphics card, GTX 260, or an ati radeon 5760. I do not want to spend more than a grand, so I will get the closet compatible pc I can find that will play the recommended settings. Then next year sometime after the new sandy bridge chips come out, I can buy another PC, and sell this one.

The other thing that comes to mind, is how many bugs and problems will be present when this first comes out. I remember CIV 4 was a nightmare at the beginning.

17. kaltorak

kaltorak Emperor

Really? I just arrived home from playing soccer and was sooo tired, and still watched the 2 hours stream with wide opened eyes.
    And the next day I still replayed some parts.

And there are games which almost are funner to watch than to play, like watching sc2 gosus.

18. Boris Godunov

Boris Godunov Prince

I enjoyed watching Greg grab his head in horror whenever something bad happened to him in the game. You could tell he was emotionally invested in it. :p

19. Purpureus

Purpureus Chieftain

Man... you guys are so hooked... Them girls have got you by the... :D

I have been married for 7 years now, I have two kids... My wife is not happy with my game sessions sometimes, but still... I do not have to cook for her and she does not have this "going out with my girlfriends" habit...

It's true that I try to keep the Civ sessions at night and in the quiet saturday afternoons, but still... I have no guilt for her to exploit...

20. V. Soma

V. Soma long time civ fan

Find out some regular out-of-the house activity for your sign. other :)
    Like my wife will go to a photography school every Saturday beginning this autumn,
    for two years long! Perfect timing, I say ;)