Watchtowers, hot or not?

Are watchtowers hot or not?

• Total voters

Jheronimus

Warlord
DeanMill tells us about a new improvement the watchtower, do you like this new idea from fireaxis to add watch towers with 2 line of sight and wich can defend themselves when attacked?

whears this info from, is this going to be in warlords or a patch?

Wish they put energy into something a little more interesting.

Great a poll on something thats not even confirmed. I suppose the poll is asking is it a good idea? Be amazed if it is in game.

so long as they can't be built near each other then it would be a good idea.

Else people would just make a wall around their borders with them.

Assuming they are in the game (which I doubt) it will totally depend on when they are avalable. If they are avalable early that could be a very good way to fog bust to protect against barbs. In multi player they may just have value. I do not think I would use them in SP mid to late game, as there is no land that is not ocupied.

Also how will tyhey be built? If they are just a few worker turns, then they sound very cheap. If they consume the worker (as in civ 3?) they will be quite expensive and a couple of units would be better.

I like the idea of watch towers. I often play large maps with a small number of civs. I often place units as sentries at stategic locations to watch for barbarians and other civs. Problem is that when enemies come knocking they often kill the sentry unit. Watch towers sound like a good alternative.

Watch towers would be redundant, thus they will not be included.

What do you people think the upgradable Sentry promotions are for?

Deanmill just admitted in the other thread that this was all a hoax.

MisterBarca said:
Please take this useless thread down.

Gullible ******.

:lol:

I like people who say what they think :goodjob:

Did that other thread get deleted?

I was at page 7 and then it wouldn't let me read the rest. Anything else the guy did, or was it just more speculation?

Top Bottom