1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Water city with 3 range attacking other city messes up whole turn

Discussion in 'CivBE - Bug Reports' started by masda_gib, Dec 7, 2015.

1. masda_gib

masda_gib Chieftain

Found in CivBE:RT

Setup:
    I have a water city with the wonder that gives +1 city strike range. I move that city 3 hexes away to an enemy city (so that it can fire at the city).

What happens:
    When I click on the red city strike icon to fire, it shows the enemy city at range 3 (and all enemy units in range 3) as a valid target. I can successfully shoot the units BUT when I shoot at the enemy city the following happens:
    - strike activates, fire animation of my city is played
    - no damage is done to the other city (BUG1)
    - Now I can't do attacks with my other units and nothing happens when I click "End Turn" (BUG2)

This happens when attacking land and water cities. Dunno if it happens at range 2 because I can't move my city that close.

So.. swimming fotresses attacking cities doesn't work for me which is sad. Had to take the city with gunboats like a lowly peasant! :cry:
    Anybody else has that bug? I will try to supply a savegame.

2. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Chieftain

It is a rule that a city cannot strike another city. I'd say it's a small bug because this is the first time this is possible (both because the range is increased itself and the distance between cities decreased).