Water Purifier (Bug Thread)

Yeah a lot of people have this minimum spec problem with civ as a whole (I do)

Have you tried turning off the "Show minimum spec warning" in the .ini file? I think if you turn that off it solves the problem I think it is something to do with newer operating system and civ and new hardware etc. the game things it is not up to spec, so warns and drops everything, I think if you turn that off it stops 'helping you' and just gets on with the game at whatever specs you set because obviously your computer can handle it.

I don't know for definate that it solves problems between mods, but it definately solves the message pop up. It is quite a common issue people have I think.

Also I haven't tried custom games, so it might be something in there that causes clashes issues, but again I don't know why!?

I always go 'Play Now'.

That actually worked! I was in-game on a Fury Road map, playing as Tandi, until I wondered and checked (with the World Builder) whether all civilisations existed. I'll change the amount of civilisations of huge maps to eleven, so that I may have them all in my game.

On my second turn, I popped a hut that gave me the Vigilant trait, which gave my capital +2 safety per turn. That seemed incredibly powerful. Alas.

EDIT: Would you happen to know what iUnitNameModifier in Civ4WorldInfo.xml does? It goes from 50 to 0, from Duel to Huge. Google doesn't, apparently, but it sounds fancy.

hmmm i may have to look up this here ini file and try that too as i hate the message and i hate it from shoving my game to the wrong screen size.

yeah speed vigilant is huge if you are lucky and get it early from a hut. it's even more insane if the tribals get it as it takes them from +2 base to +4 base from the getgo and it's like expansion here we go

um where is the ini file found lol

It's in GameInfo. :)

I now got a Settler on my third or so turn... Which doomed my game; there's no way I can pay for this city I just founded. :p

Dinner, and then a third game - third time's the charm, not?

yeah need i found that popping a hut to get a settler near the start is 1 of the worst things that can happen the only thing you can do is take it home and sentry it for about 50-100 turns lol

yeah not finding gameinfo either lol

<<< is not a modder or a changer of files normally lol i scared of irrplacable breakage

Ah, for me it is in D:\Program Files HDD\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Fallout-TTW\Assets\Xml\GameInfo.

You almost certainly do not have a 'Program Files HDD'; chances are the Program Files (which may be x86 or not) that you need is in C:. Chances are also that you can ignore the bolded Steam part, assuming you do not use Steam. In that case, you would need to go to Firaxis, I believe.

nope i'm using steam and yeah i have the x86 tyvm for that :)

but there are only XML files in that folder no ini files :| which is probably why i haven't found it then as i thought i'd looked in there

Well, I did say Civ4WorldInfo.xml. :p

So yes, you need to edit the .xml file. Don't worry, it's just English, no fancy code or anything. :)

Say, did I read something about traits not working properly? I just researched the technology that lets me switch from Barter to Bottle Caps, but if the traits of any but the basic civics don't work, then I doubt it'd be worth it?

the civics work as they're discussed but some of them aren't worth changing to in my opinion. and only the chosen one in the leadership civics has been worked to lvl 2 all the others remain at lvl 1 max at the moment.

ok are we talking the same thing here speed ?

i was asking about the ini file for the "Show minimum spec warning" part lol

Ah, so that only applies to Leadership really. Though I think I'd prefer food and production over commerce. Eh.

... Oh! My apologies! You can find that here: D:\*Your name*\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\CivilizationIV.ini

Alternatively: D:\Program Files HDD\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\ contains a shortcut called _Civ4Config that leads to CivilizationIV.ini.

In that file, you'll want to change this 0 to a 1:

; Don't show minimum specification warnings
HideMinSpecWarning = 0

@Blaze, the ini file should be in my documents, it is the same one as I told you about for disabling caching.

Something like:
C:\Users\Me\Documents\My games\beyond the sword

@ Need
iUnitNameModifier 0 Unknown. This value is not used in the DLL and not exposed to the EXE
(That is what archid has to say about that tag! So the answer is not a whole lot!)

In future you can find all the FTTW XML reference tags in the link in Welcome to The Wasteland. I think you will like some of the stuff in there.

As for traits, we seem to be having some problems with normal speed games with Traits not working properly. Epic and Marathon seem to be fine.

(All traits are very WIP, most have not been done yet as I have just started working on the new civic plans. However the civics(doctrines) themselves, like bottle caps, do work I am just in the process of making the A6 versions using all of the latest code features we have.

I heartily welcome all feed back and Ideas for the civics, as well as their Trait 'Upgrades' I have added their current values and descriptions to post 3 in the civics discussion thread. (I still need to add the connected traits info) So feel free to come on over and join the planning discussion, it always makes my work easier when I have people to talk to!

in most of my previous civ games that i've played after a certain point i tend to go wealth due to my love of rushing buildings and need the capitol to do that, that wealth provides of course the other bonuses from the chosen 1 civic atm do overshadow all the other civs mainly with the food due to the unhealthiness of the game setting and terrain

ok something absolutely wonderful for you guys to mull over happened to me lol

i can load other mods if i change that setting to a 1 not a problem and works fine. but as soon as i try fallout it goes no not gonna work for you what so ever so go do one. so i'm stuck with the min settings thing by the looks .... at least for now lol at least i can change it to 1366x 768 easy enough

Is that the problem I had? I hunted down the files where the default settings are in and changed them to the default settings I wanted to use. You'll have to look through:

CivilizationIV.ini - you know this file already
CIV4GameOptionInfos.xml and CIV4GraphicOptionInfos.xml - both of these are here: D:\Program Files HDD\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Fallout-TTW\Assets\Xml\GameInfo

This might have something to do with some changes that Archid made to make the game easier to install/work as we have custom resources (HUD Graphics content). This can make the game crash if installed in the wrong place. I have no idea though because I don't know why the problem is there for you in the first place. :)

Regarding events, New Reno declared war on me about 50 turns ago, and every single turn, I've pillaged, on average, two logging teams that were spawned by random events. Scavenger camps (yes?) are a little less frequent, but also spawn quite often.

Also, it would be nice to be able to see the effects my traits, besides in the Civlopedia. I know it's technically visible when hovering with Ctrl, but in practice, the political alignments take up too much space to show all the trait effects.

Related to that; the safety and nationality bars in the city screen are overlapped by the buildings built in a city.

Yes these are both know issues, I am working on a patch and I have changed the frequency of the spawning events, Whether it will be enough or not I don't know, I am still working that part out!

I have put in a request to Archid about adding a better display system for the Traits, but I don't have the ability to do that, so it will be entirely dependent on either archid or someone else with the knowledge coming around to do it. I should think it is possible, I just don't know how. some kind of pop up window with a scroll bar would be nice.

Top Bottom