Watered Down?

I was on ign.com, and I was looking at various previews fro Civ Rev. I watched the video interview with Sid Meier, and I really got the sense that Civ Rev is watered down, or, as Sid Meier says,"streamlined." 2K and Firaxis are really slacking on this one:mad: .

I was on ign.com, and I was looking at various previews fro Civ Rev. I watched the video interview with Sid Meier, and I really got the sense that Civ Rev is watered down, or, as Sid Meier says,"streamlined." 2K and Firaxis are really slacking on this one:mad: .

But it'll run faster and have less micromanagement. Those are the number one reasons why I can't get a lot of games of Civ4 done. Whats wrong with streamlining a game?

But it'll run faster and have less micromanagement. Those are the number one reasons why I can't get a lot of games of Civ4 done. Whats wrong with streamlining a game?

"Streamlining" is code word for "We don't want to have to make this, because it's hard, so we'll delete it and tell the fans that it'll make the game "easier" or "more playable.":mad:

You obviously have no idea what Sid Meier and his team are doing for this project. This game is supposed to appeal to CASUAL gamers. They are not being lazy. If this appeals to casual gamers, more money for poduction of Civ5, don't you want that? Or do you still want to . .. .. .. .. . on it, considering you have really no idea what truly lazy is being in the game industry?

Technically all civ games are "watered down" and "streamlined" when compared to actual world history...

Curse those Firaxian pig-dogs for not perfectly emulating history!:mad:

:sarcasm:

I wouldn't mind an easier less complex civ game. I could just unwind while playing civ and it wouldn't matter to much if I was paying attention. It's be less coplicated and more casual.

I personally cannot wait to check this game out.

If it offers excellent strategy and fun gameplay with minimal BS it could potentially be great.

I have not been playing civ 3 lately because I can't bear the thought of starting another 30 hour game.

Well.............................................................................................

I guess I was wrong?

Really looking forward to this game. Nothing more enjoyable than sitting down on the couch after a long day in my computer chair, grabbing a beer, and playing a relaxing game on my 360. Playing Civ Rev on my couch after work will be incredible I have no doubt.

All the footage I've seen so far of the game makes it look amazing. Going to be a long wait for me until April '08.

Top Bottom