Ways to check historical settlement?

notger

Chieftain
I am wondering if there is a way to check out wether a certain area in RFC is seen as your historical expansion, or not.

1. How is the penalty on settling in the wrong places working?
2. How are wrong places designated in-game?
3. Where can I get info (map/code-file) on the definition of the "historical areas" in-game?

I know about the historical expansion of most of the european empires, but I want to know how realistically this is reflected in RFC. Can anyone please enlighten me?

The aim of this mod is to make you resume your history books from school and check all maps and infos there. If you sold them, well too bad, you'll never win RFC !

Thank you for your very constructive post. As I wrote in the original post, I do not want to know about the historical borders, because that is easy and I already know them (paragraph).

My question is about understanding the mechanics of the game. And it is not about winning, either. Could it be that you are a little upset because of my reply to your post in the other thread?

Actually, I am just interested in the answers to my questions (confer original post).

nope, I didn't even notice it was. I was just joking since I have no idea how to answer your question, although I would enjoy an answer myself. Sorry about my joke, I didn't consider the sense of humor when I wrote it.

Ah, ok. Maybe I had too much coffee. Coffee makes paranoid.

And still, there is no one around who can/will answer that? I mean, the guide says I should confine to historical expansion and yet no one is able to tell me how I know wether it is historical, or not. Strange.

And it is even so secret that Rhye does not tell me this? ;)

Thanks for your answer. At least, now I can stop looking for the answer on this forum and settle at will near the historical areas. Sometimes a "no one knows" also counts as an answer. :)

"He who wishes to keep a secret must keep it a secret that he hath the secret to keep."
-Francis Bacon

On a more constructive note, I'm going to vote for Proposal C: "No One Knows"

this is a good check i think... if the name of the city you found or conquer is (or switches to) a historic name in your given civilization's language you're probably good to go... however, paris will stay paris if you conquer it as the germans...

1. How is the penalty on settling in the wrong places working?
2. How are wrong places designated in-game?
3. Where can I get info (map/code-file) on the definition of the "historical areas" in-game?QUOTE]

I'm just guessing, so theses aren't necessarily true.

1. I imagine instability. Like France controlling Moscow. It just isn't their land.
2.I guess theyre not designated wrong, places are designated right. If it's not specified it's wrong.
3. No clue.

And it is even so secret that Rhye does not tell me this? ;)

Yup. I was going to make a bunch of spiffy maps outlining the areas, but Rhye told me that I was not allowed to. Your best bet is to pull out an atlas.

Check the Atlas thread. The dynamic maps in there have some of what you want, I think.

Top Bottom