Ways you make it a challenge

constrainer

Chieftain
I know its far from finished and balancing will come later but I'm looking for any ways you guys use to make it more of a challenge now.

1939 playing Germany I kill off my sea units in that are in the Atlantic and don't take any other cities until after you have researched the Focke 109. I almost got in trouble when my materials were running low which was fun.

Stalingrad, Germany, Deity, try a total victory (all objectives reached)

That's the only map and side that have gone under multiple balance pass. Still not perfect, but a good example of what should be the difficulty level IMO.

When all else fails, use IGE to give the AI lots of units where it can't help but make use of them against you and/or heal all those units that you are in contact with and close to killing off.

As UK, I don't send anything to France. I actually send all starting UK land units to egypt.

Obviously France falls pretty quickly then if you don't help. Afterwards Germany will launch operation sea-lion - however ensure that you don't sink any of the transports with navy. Then try not to get knocked out! :) Great fun!

It gets really tough if they take norwich or plymouth as then they don't get a "no supply penalty" anymore.

I remember losing south of england (including London) but holding on to liverpool and newcastle line for ages before I pushed them out. In parallel, with all of my starting units in egypt I managed to take Libya and south Italy.

when all else fails, use ige to give the ai lots of units where it can't help but make use of them against you and/or heal all those units that you are in contact with and close to killing off.

"ige"?

Stalingrad, Germany, Deity, try a total victory (all objectives reached)

That's the only map and side that have gone under multiple balance pass. Still not perfect, but a good example of what should be the difficulty level IMO.

Great suggestion. It is much more difficult thanks!

I've completed 39-45 as the UK and am close to doing it with the USSR - but without losing a single unit either time.

Makes it a hell of a challenge!

When all else fails, use IGE to give the AI lots of units where it can't help but make use of them against you and/or heal all those units that you are in contact with and close to killing off.

I have tried to use the IGE but I seem unable to switch players in order to delete allied troops and bolster enemy troops without causing crashes.

I have to do it in "safe mode" to avoid crashes. If I remember correctly, you right click on the IGE icon at the top of the screen and it will give you options, one of which is to use "safe mode."

Top Bottom