WB question

Bino

Warlord
Hi all! Just played the standard Huge Earth map in BtS, loved the starting position of Toku (and love Japan too)!

Since the first turns i started thinking about how great would have been if i played the same start with Wilhelm...is this possible to do editing something somewhere?

Please let me know!

Sure, at the begining of the game go into world builder and replace Toku with Wilhelm. Then save the game as a senario. Go back to the main menu and load the senario. (You only need to save it as a senario if you want it to be a game in which you never used world builder.)

Thank you! I tried modifying .xml file and got Toku with the traits of Wilhelm, same effect, just have to remind to set the old .xml for my next game.

Sure, at the begining of the game go into world builder and replace Toku with Wilhelm. Then save the game as a senario. Go back to the main menu and load the senario. (You only need to save it as a senario if you want it to be a game in which you never used world builder.)

that only works if Willem was in the game to begin with. otherwise you can't get to his units to add a dutch settler to the map. i bet you can save it as a WB scenario, and then edit that scenario text file to replace japan with the dutch. i've never tried that but i can't think of a reason why it wouldn't work. then again, i also can't think of a reason why i'm not allowed to build normal destroyers (with their spy-spotting abilities) when i learn to build stealth destroyers. :lol:

Thank you! I tried modifying .xml file and got Toku with the traits of Wilhelm, same effect, just have to remind to set the old .xml for my next game.

that's a great idea, so elegant because it's so simple! when i have to remember like that, i open up notepad and write a one-liner note to myself and save it to desktop. that way it doesn't get lost in the mountains of paper piled up on my real desktop. hopefully you have a better memory than i do. ;)

Would be funny to find a Dutched Toku around in next game, btw already replaced the xml...on my pc huge maps with 18 civs are far too slow to be fun and playable...

Top Bottom