WBCM 2 - KABOOOOM!. Monarch artillery variant

Harleqin

Hippo Power
Well then. This is something I've wanted to do for some time and as one my my friends doesn't rate artillery very much, then let's revive this old Charis Classic (also known as CC :D ).

Read here for the original game

The rules are the same as then and I'll just repeat them here. Thanks a lot to Charis for doing all that typing for me ;)

- No city may be attacked on any round until artillery support has fired on the
town (catapult, cannon, artillery, radar artillery, cruise missile or any bombardment)
- The only exception is that Paratroopers do not require artillery support.
- Paratroopers are suggested to be made and used, and should pillage key supply
lines and special resources as a key part of their mission.
- Cities need artillery garrisons. For a captured city, one artillery unit must
remain as garrison. For a built city, an artillery unit should be produced or
imported (AFTER that city builds/gets an infantry defender) (SEE BELOW)
- For cannon, artillery, radar art, a footsoldier is required in the same square
to operate the equipment. (This goes for city garrison as well)
- Note that a Marine attacking a city after naval bombardment is another
option opened up nicely ;P

A side effect of these rules is that we won't get to crush the AI in massive
blitzreigs due to the artillery movement speed (further making paratrooper
deployment behind enemy lines more useful).

- We don't need one artillery unit in every city, but we must have at least one unit of it for each city we have. This replaces the rule in the quote above.

Also the normal exploits will NOT be allowed and no automatisation of workers.

We will not play the French as I'm getting a bit tired of them. The map will be large and it will be continents as I want to be able to use ships for bombardment as well.

Who is interested and what civ would you prefer? Korea might be a good choice due to their fitting UU. We will lose the Musketeer aspect, but I don't see a problem with that. Remember, we will need Mathematics for catapults. I could also see Japan or the Arabs as an option, though their UU's will be weakened.

Sign up in the thread and let me know your civ preference. I will go with a roster of 5 or 6 players and two spots are already spoken for (me and Brian W).

Korea definitely seem most fitting. Vikings could work too, or Japan.

And yeah...I'm the one who doesn't rate artillery at all.

Check out the HOT1 Game. Artillery was required and we played on Monarch as Korea, ended with a space launch but could have easily gone for conquest or Domination. The artillery variant slows the pace a bit but was interesting.

Good luck

Hotrod

If you read the whole thread you'll find that they changed the rules mid-game just a little. Instead of requiring 1 artillery to remain in the city, the rule got changed to being a simple requirement to have at least as many artillery pieces as cities. Have fun with this one, and consider yourselves lucky that you are doing it post-stack movement.

And NO, CC does NOT stand for Charis Classic. CC only stands for two things: Civerb's Cudgel and Carbon Copy. That's it.

(just joking!) :lol: ;)

Well, I'll change it to a ChCl then but a CC sounds better ;) Now that you say it I do remember the change in rules. I just haven't read the thread since the game was played. I'll update accordingly in the first post once I get home.

@ Hot. I think there have been many Korean games lately so I'm a bit hesitant to use them. After some sleep I'd say Korea or some industrious civ so we can get roads quickly for movement purposes.

I also suggest only culture, conquest and domination wins to be enabled.

Originally posted by Harleqin
Well, there doesn't seem to be a lot of interest in this one. Too tough? to dull? To easy? 3-4 players still needed.

There is a glut of openings right now.
It isn't just your game, but several games hurting for players.

Ignoring Monarchy being boring, I would not sign up as I am overcommited. I think we have a lot of players in that boat.

Agreed. I've noticed the many new games and MOO3 are out pretty soon which might also be influencing people. Well, I'll keep this one around for a week or two. If there is no team then I'll do have to do it in two-player mode

The game is on hold. I'll try it again once I've been able to patch. I also think it will be a good idea to wait until people tire of MOO3 which shouldn't take long. I'm sick of it already

i WOULD d it but i am just warlod still :(

BUT ONE DAY I WILL RULE ALL SG'S! Errr. NEvermind. I got to go play. Or slepp. Not sure what i want.

Top Bottom