"We are afraid of your enemies"

Echo of Celts

Just Plain Crazy
Well...

Early 1900's

I am Carthage... I have 16 Vassals and 2 Colonies.

The only free states are Sumeria and her vassal France and her colony China.

I invade mighty Sumeria, full force. It takes a mere 7 turns to bring the worlds second most powerful, 3rd Largest Nation to it's knees, Sumeria Capitulates.

I go to Napolean and offer Capitulation.. he won't because he is "Afraid of my enemies"... my only enemy besides him is the once Colony China, who is a mere fraction of the Carthage Vassal Empire AND my army alone could probably withstand a full invasion from every one of my vassals at the same time... but France.. is afraid... of my enemies...

Sometimes they fear a border invasion or something if they surrender. For example there was an enemy that only had pre-rifling tech and his neighbour had infantry. Even though both civs were being owned I think the guy feared the neighbour who could pour his infantry troops over the border before he could be stopped

.........There's the french sucking at war tactics. Now instead of losing, all their people will get murdered and their villages destroyed and they will lose.

Napolean is your enemy, and he is afraid of himself.

i can relate. i scare myself quite frequently. like when i look at my postcount :crazyeye:

Another vassal thing I encountered was that at one point at war AIs are willing to capitulate, but when I go on and take some more of their cities, Capitulation is again redded out because "we're doing fine on our own". This seems to happen when I have taken all their cities on a continent and they have only cities on another continent or on islands.

I'm not 100% certain but I think this comes up when the AI will be forced to war with your enemies. If the AI has less power than your enemies (that you are currently at war with), I think "We are afraid of your enemies" comes up as their excuse for not vassalizing. If you take a ceasefire in your other war, you should be able to vassalize them. Then re-declare on your last enemy.

Top Bottom