1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

"We just don't like you enough" at Friendly...

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Barney's_Soul, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Barney's_Soul

Barney's_Soul Warlord

At first I thought this only happens with certain AI (like ones that don't want to sign defensive pacts), but in the game I'm playing, I was able to sign a Defensive pact with Izzy and Boudica earlier in the game, before I started conquesting and building military, but now the only thing they'll trade is tech/resources, not defensive pacts/warring against other civs, or even stop trading with other civs. How can "We just don't like you enough" apply at +15? Do they feel threatened by my military or something?

2. the343danny

the343danny Emperor

Do you have any vassals? IIRC the actual friendliness is hidden, and its the average between you and your vassals.

3. Barney's_Soul

Barney's_Soul Warlord

Oh, I have three.....what do you mean averaged? If she hates all of my vassals but likes me..then the Friendly is a lie? She could declare on me?

4. Barney's_Soul

Barney's_Soul Warlord

Oh, and what would be the point of "We're nervous of our rivels being vassals to your empire", if they hide the actual diplo modifier from the player?

5. s.bernbaum

s.bernbaum Mostly lurking

That applies to the fact that you have vassals and are growing more powerful. It will appear no matter who your vassals are or what the leader in question thinks of them. Their attitude towards the vassal is another question entirely. You can find that by using the Glance screen if you are using BUG, or by clicking on the vassal in the Relations screen and then mousing over the leader in question.

6. Silu

Silu Deity

Yes, it's a lie, and yes, she could declare on you. The real attitude is averaged by summing the attitudes towards you and your vassals together as integers (think 0 = Furious, 4 = Friendly), dividing by the amount and flooring.

"We're nervous of our rivels being vassals to your empire" correlates to the combined power of you and that vassal - it's possible for this to be zero if the combined power is very small (quite rare, considering you usually need significant power to get that vassal in the first place :) ).