We Love The Empress Day in London. Is this intended?

Takagi Hiro

Prince
It somewhat makes sense to me, what with the birth of the Great Admiral triggering it, something England is supposed to be superb at, but I see no mention of it in the English ability, and the city screen treats it as a "WLTKD."

http://ctrlv.in/862622

Bug or no?

I would assume that's a bug? A weird one tho. If you post your modlist and which VP version you are using, I'll put it on github for you. Also, is that the first Great Person of any kind you got? Given how early in the game, and the lack of space for land warfare, I would guess it is?

I would assume that's a bug? A weird one tho. If you post your modlist and which VP version you are using, I'll put it on github for you. Also, is that the first Great Person of any kind you got? Given how early in the game, and the lack of space for land warfare, I would guess it is?
Hey, thanks for the offer to forward it over! I appreciate that a huge deal.

Okay, yeah. This is the latest version (no EUI, yuck) with the hotfix (10-9-1). I play with mostly minimal mods. Aside from the CBP package, I have...

Diplomacy Spinning Globe Fix (v 1) [Not even sure this is necessary anymore, but I've never started a game without it.]
No Hidden Bonus Resources (v 1) [Decisions from the start are crucial to me.]
Random City Names (v 2) [Variety.]
UI - Notification Options (v 13) [To remind me when cities grow and borders expand.]

And that's it. But no, I've also spawned a Great Merchant earlier, conveniently hiding under my capital nametag, but it wasn't spawned there. The Great Admiral was (and probably always does), so this is probably some weird England/China buggy bug with the China changes, but I wasn't totally sure.

On an unimportant note, the lack of land space and my starting position is making England the perfect choice. Egypt is getting rolled by me; I won't even need an army aside from my Authority garrisons soon enough! It's pretty epic. ;)

Thanks again for taking care of this!

You're welcome!

Random City Names is so great. I guess its silly, but it used to annoy me sooooo much always fighting wars over the same exact cities. If you're comfortable downloading a realish SQL editor, you can even include capitals in the randomizing. Had a game recently where the Byzantine capital-and rather quickly my third best city-was a city that in the real world doesn't even have a wikipedia page. Just so much better to me than the predestination of the regular.

You're welcome!

Random City Names is so great. I guess its silly, but it used to annoy me sooooo much always fighting wars over the same exact cities. If you're comfortable downloading a realish SQL editor, you can even include capitals in the randomizing. Had a game recently where the Byzantine capital-and rather quickly my third best city-was a city that in the real world doesn't even have a wikipedia page. Just so much better to me than the predestination of the regular.
Haha, that sounds rather nifty! Is it like using Notepad? Simple to do? What would you recommend? :)

Notepad doesn't read SQLs in like proper line order, Notepad++ worked for me tho. What one has to do is delete those dash break things from certain lines and then add them to other lines. The SQL explains which lines precisely.

Notepad doesn't read SQLs in like proper line order, Notepad++ worked for me tho. What one has to do is delete those dash break things from certain lines and then add them to other lines. The SQL explains which lines precisely.
Okay, I already have Notepad++, so I guess I'll take a look at the file and see if I can't figure it out... next game! ;)

Will be fixed in the next version. I left out a line in createGreatAdmiral to check for player trait first. createGreatGeneral however is correct.

Top Bottom