We love the King Day defeats corruption

hghughes

Chieftain
As your empire grows .more of your acquired cities become so called failed states, ie obscene corruption kills all but about 1 sheild and 1 commerce. The way to stop this is the we love the king day.

To have this do the following:

Lots of luxuries with marketplace. 6 + is good

Cathedrals & temples + Colleseums for the larger cities

Free growth IE you need to have static growth or steady growth but not limited growth due to being at pop 6 wihtout aqueduct or pop 12 without hospital.

Short decisive Wars with democracy/republic.

At least pop 6

When all of this occurs 2nd and successive turns of We love the King day lowers corruption. A failed state can be turned into a 'core' city after several turns increasing commerce which will enable you to recover other failed states.

So apply monetary aid to 1 city at a time. Applying a cathedral to multiple cities at the same time will reduce your ability to keep 'feeding' a failed state. After you set improvements to sustain a WLTKD , apply courthouses and policestations this will lower corruption and enable the recovery faster.

Religious/Communist/Despotic civs with conquered civs.

Corruption is also affected by nationality

Nationality can be negated by the anhilating said civ and also engaging in several short sharp wars.

Strategy:

Using Religious ability change to Communist(preferably)/Despotic (if you aren't already) then rush build Marketplaces/Cathedrals/Temples etc.

This has two benefits:

1. The cropped population will be of a different nationality. future growth will be of your nationality.

2. The MarketPlaces/Cathedrals/Temples will eventually lead to a WLKD.

3. Culture generated by the Cathedrals/Temples will lead to quicker transformation of the indigenies.

4. If you are Religious make the quick switch back to your previous government and continue as before.

Religious is a useful trait when engaging in all of the above cheaper temples & cathedrals, quicker changes without undergoing 8 or so turns of dreaded anarchy.

Even if you are not religious you can still do the above strategy, make sure that enough cities are going to be cropped and changed in the above fashion otherwise you are probably better off using money.

HI. Thx for the tip. Found it interesting and tried it last night.
Civilopedia mentions it too.

BUT, why doesn't it seem to be working for me?
Several turns of WLTKD in remote cities, self-established and conquered alike, doesn't seem to be improving 1~2 shield situation.

WHAT, then is the mechanism?
How many turns of sustained WLTKD is required for it to START fighting corruption?

CAN u help me with this with ur wisdom or reference to another thread?

MANY thx.

Greetings Fellow Civ-ers,

I really haven't found too much benefit from WLTK day either.

Someone mentioned the nationality of a city population. I think that is really the key to the whole corruption thing. It just takes a great deal of time for your nationality to become greater than the defeated nationality.

It helps to rush courthouses and police stations as well as other improvements to increase happiness. A good supply of luxuries helps too.

Most of all, it takes time to convert those captured cities into production power houses...

Kingpin

I have found that WLTK days really do help immensely. Production in remote cities can triple when it's celebrating. That gives it a chance to build improvements, which increase production even more. I must agree that celebration is the key to victory in the war on corruption!

Quick question does the effects of WLTKD increase after sustaining it for a long time or just reduce it in the begining and stay static?

K thanks.

The effect of We Love The King Day is exactly as if the city had an additional courthouse. (WLTKD applies to shield production only, not commerce income.) A real courthouse and WLTKD are cumulative.

If the city is far enough away from the center of the civilization so that its corruption is high enough that a courthouse wouldn't help, WLTKD won't help either.

I don't know what wltk does exactly but:

If your corruption is high enough so that it would be over 100%, you can do many things to reduce it, but if it stays above 90%, it doesn't help you at all. So if WLTK reduces % coruption, it does not help in truly corrupt cities.

Corruption is capped at 90%, this cap is lowered by 10% for courthous and 10 for police station iirc. This brings your city to 70% corruption regardless of its distance. If wltk lowers the cap or maybe even lowers the % AFTER the cap is applied, it would work perfectly for the truly corrupt cities if used together with these buildings.

I am too lazy now to search for the corruption formulas again to see the exact effect of the wltk.

Top Bottom