1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

We need artillery

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by Tomoyo, May 24, 2004.

1. Tomoyo

Tomoyo Fate

You know how the Military advisor says "We can support a larger military. Let's build Paratrooper?"

I think that is based on what kind of units you are lacking.

However, in a recent game, my military consisted of mostly workers, artillery, planes, and ships. When I went to the military advisor, he said that I should build more artillery!!! When I had only three defensive troops! :eek:
    Anyone else see this happen? The Military Advisor kinda got smart! :crazyeye:

2. rychan

rychan CS geek

Never had him suggest that. Is this linked to the default city production item that you have to switch from every time your city builds something (unless you instruct the governer otherwise). Because after flight is discovered, they always want to build flak/mobile sam. But I've never had the military advisor tell me to build mobile Sam.

3. Tomoyo

Tomoyo Fate

I have "Always produce previously produced unit" on, and most of my cities are producing planes.

4. Binnor

Binnor High Prince

The worst advice I've ever got from the military advisor was that 'the best unit the english have is the worker' (this was in the middle of the industrial age when the english had tanks running around on my border).

5. toh6wy

toh6wy Chieftain

First of all, what the guy says is "The best unit the English have - that we know of - is the Worker." Therefore, what he's telling you is that you have seen no English unit more powerful than a worker.
    Second of all, it's the foreign advisor that says this, not the military advisor. :p

6. binyo66

binyo66 Chieftain

I never get that, and I always play "Always produce previously produced unit" on. But it might be because advace flight (?) barely search by me.

7. Shirastro

Shirastro The ruler of the Gnomes

Same for me.
    My military advisor always tells me to build more *put your best offensive unit here*
    Even if ihave zilions of modern armors (wich never happend ;) ) he will tell me to build more.

8. Tomoyo

Tomoyo Fate

He didn't actually say to build paratrooper. He wanted artillery.

9. KaNick

KaNick Chieftain

The military advisor allways tells me to build the strongest attacker at the time. Maybe this is because I always have a habit of making a lot of deffenders.

10. WackenOpenAir

WackenOpenAir Chieftain

I think you should not pay attention to the advisor :)