[We the People] Bug reporting

Nightinggale

Deity
If you encounter anything in the game, which isn't as it is supposed to be, you can report it in our issue tracker. This allows keeping track of reports without losing them to a thread history. It also allows issue specific replies and debate as well as some administrative features like assigning somebody to be responsible for a fix.

However if you aren't comfortable with using GitHub, you can post bug reports here, but know that they will be copied to the issue tracker and if there are discussions about bugs, they will likely take place on the issue tracker even if they are first posted here.

How to report an issue on github:

1) If you don't have an account, it is very easy to create one: just use an email and provide a username.
upload_2018-9-24_11-5-15.png

Once the account is created, I recommend you check the current issues / ideas , to see if it is not a duplicate. I reckon some of the issues are "intimidating", because many are "internal" changes (so far, only development nerds were creating issues :) )... but many others aren't.

If you find that your idea / bug isn't really out there, you can "create a new issue":
upload_2018-9-24_11-11-41.png

A dialog like this will appear: Just place a title for the bug/idea and describe it the best you can.

upload_2018-9-24_11-15-4.png

The staff will eventually triage your ticket and place it into a milestone, or request further clarifications. Check your email, or you can see what is new using the "alerts" button...

We may classify the issue as an IDEA, that will need upvoting for deciding when to implement...
upload_2018-9-24_11-20-22.png

To upvote/downvote an idea, just give a "+1" or "-1" to it.
upload_2018-9-24_11-24-35.png

You may also comment on the issue at will...

Attachments

• upload_2018-9-24_11-19-3.png
    upload_2018-9-24_11-19-3.png
    23.5 KB · Views: 225
Can anyone help with my game crash?
I am using 1 city plot.
I have version 2.7.1 beta 2
I uploaded the SAVE GAME below.
I can upload crash logs as well is someone tells me which files they need.

Attachments

• Samuel de Champlain AD-1520-May.ColonizationSave
    1.2 MB · Views: 204
TO CRASH THE GAME: Just press the "RED" END TURN button.
Game was saved exactly at the end of the turn and it crashes when I press the button.

Hi Devolution... would it help you if I uploaded additional files or game logs?
If yes, which ones?

Thank you for helping me... I really appreciate your willingness to assist.
I am a COLONIZATION addict that has entered WITHDRAWAL stage.
Help..........

Devolution,
Here are the game LOGS, unchanged since the crash happened!

Attachments

• Logs.rar
    10.9 KB · Views: 173
Hi, I would like to now of there is somebody else having a crash once you declare revolution? I don’t know why, but even scaling down the map and the number of cities, my game keeps crashing at that point. I hope somebody could help me.

Here there is the save. I have made some changes, like returning to the original storage system, and some changes to the limit values off the storage too. I have made some changes to the map with the worldbuilder too, as I'm only a casual gamer, but that's it. I hope you can help me out.

Attachments

• Jorge Tamay AD-1498-January.ColonizationSave
    734.3 KB · Views: 174
Here there is the save. I have made some changes, like returning to the original storage system, and some changes to the limit values off the storage too. I have made some changes to the map with the worldbuilder too, as I'm only a casual gamer, but that's it. I hope you can help me out.
Hi... I'm no expert, but I suspect that the changes your are mention, such as the storage system, demands changes in the dll as well... have you built it from source?

I have a last question, I saw there are another betas, like RAR 2.7.1 beta 2, I'm have already the beta 6, do I have to install the beta 2? Or all of the changes are already on the beta 6? Sorry for the stupid question, it's only that I don't know.

I have a last question, I saw there are another betas, like RAR 2.7.1 beta 2, I'm have already the beta 6, do I have to install the beta 2? Or all of the changes are already on the beta 6? Sorry for the stupid question, it's only that I don't know.
Beta 6 is released as a standalone mod. You don't have to download any other versions, though you have to read the instructions because you have to download two zip files. There is an issue where savegames have to be loaded by a mod of the same name as the one which saved it. Because of this you might have to give the mod "the wrong" name to load your savegames, but that should be the only savegame issue. We worked to make sure savegames will work with any 2.7.x release.

Last edited:
Congrats on the Relase (beta) :)
Have 2.7.1beta6 testet ...
On the Steam version (it have propper and functional Multiplayer support..)
In Multiplayer ...
Around 5h - no OOS Errors until now .... nice
Only problem :
If you move goods in Europa from the Market in your ship and you have not enough money , the game "hangs" with an exception, but can be clicked on "ignore" and then it continues to run ...

Regards

If you move goods in Europa from the Market in your ship and you have not enough money , the game "hangs" with an exception, but can be clicked on "ignore" and then it continues to run ...
Thats because it is an assert build, eaiser for detecting problem. A full release will not have this.

o.k - have more Errors in Multiplayer ....
Would continue the game from last day ..
Load the Game on the Host .. o.k.
Get the other Player in-game lobby ... o.k.
Start the game ...
I am in the game after loading-screen (i am the Host ..) ..
The other Player get an Error (show picture)
The error coming again and again ..
And he get the msg that he need to select "again" work for all his people in the citys ..

Attachments

• Unbenannt.png
    Unbenannt.png
    11.8 KB · Views: 292
Top Bottom