1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

[We the People] Bug reporting

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - We The People' started by Nightinggale, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Nightinggale

Nightinggale Chieftain

If you encounter anything in the game, which isn't as it is supposed to be, you can report it in our issue tracker. This allows keeping track of reports without losing them to a thread history. It also allows issue specific replies and debate as well as some administrative features like assigning somebody to be responsible for a fix.

However if you aren't comfortable with using GitHub, you can post bug reports here, but know that they will be copied to the issue tracker and if there are discussions about bugs, they will likely take place on the issue tracker even if they are first posted here.

2. albucc

albucc Chieftain

How to report an issue on github:

1) If you don't have an account, it is very easy to create one: just use an email and provide a username.
    upload_2018-9-24_11-5-15.png

Once the account is created, I recommend you check the current issues / ideas , to see if it is not a duplicate. I reckon some of the issues are "intimidating", because many are "internal" changes (so far, only development nerds were creating issues :) )... but many others aren't.

If you find that your idea / bug isn't really out there, you can "create a new issue":
    upload_2018-9-24_11-11-41.png

A dialog like this will appear: Just place a title for the bug/idea and describe it the best you can.

upload_2018-9-24_11-15-4.png

The staff will eventually triage your ticket and place it into a milestone, or request further clarifications. Check your email, or you can see what is new using the "alerts" button...

We may classify the issue as an IDEA, that will need upvoting for deciding when to implement...
    upload_2018-9-24_11-20-22.png

To upvote/downvote an idea, just give a "+1" or "-1" to it.
    upload_2018-9-24_11-24-35.png

You may also comment on the issue at will...

Attached Files:

3. MujoHrnjica

MujoHrnjica Chieftain

Can anyone help with my game crash?
    I am using 1 city plot.
    I have version 2.7.1 beta 2
    I uploaded the SAVE GAME below.
    I can upload crash logs as well is someone tells me which files they need.

Attached Files:

4. devolution

devolution Chieftain

@MujoHrnjica
    Could you please provide detailed instructions on how to reproduce the crash. At least two team-members have had a look at the save without noticing any serious problems.

5. MujoHrnjica

MujoHrnjica Chieftain

TO CRASH THE GAME: Just press the "RED" END TURN button.
    Game was saved exactly at the end of the turn and it crashes when I press the button.

6. devolution

devolution Chieftain

@MujoHrnjica

I cannot reproduce the crash. I've tried running your save in the debugger with the divide by zero bugfix both included and excluded. What cpu and amount of memory do you have ? Are you running 32-bit windows ?

7. MujoHrnjica

MujoHrnjica Chieftain

8. MujoHrnjica

MujoHrnjica Chieftain

Hi Devolution... would it help you if I uploaded additional files or game logs?
    If yes, which ones?

Thank you for helping me... I really appreciate your willingness to assist.
    I am a COLONIZATION addict that has entered WITHDRAWAL stage.
    Help..........

9. MujoHrnjica

MujoHrnjica Chieftain

Devolution,
    Here are the game LOGS, unchanged since the crash happened!

Attached Files:

10. Jorge Tamay

Jorge Tamay Chieftain

Hi, I would like to now of there is somebody else having a crash once you declare revolution? I don’t know why, but even scaling down the map and the number of cities, my game keeps crashing at that point. I hope somebody could help me.

11. devolution

devolution Chieftain

@Jorge Tamay
    If you upload the save, one of the team members could have a look at what's going on with the debugger.

12. Jorge Tamay

Jorge Tamay Chieftain

Here there is the save. I have made some changes, like returning to the original storage system, and some changes to the limit values off the storage too. I have made some changes to the map with the worldbuilder too, as I'm only a casual gamer, but that's it. I hope you can help me out.

Attached Files:

13. albucc

albucc Chieftain

Hi... I'm no expert, but I suspect that the changes your are mention, such as the storage system, demands changes in the dll as well... have you built it from source?

14. albucc

albucc Chieftain

Jorge Tamay likes this.
  15. Jorge Tamay

Jorge Tamay Chieftain

16. Jorge Tamay

Jorge Tamay Chieftain

I have a last question, I saw there are another betas, like RAR 2.7.1 beta 2, I'm have already the beta 6, do I have to install the beta 2? Or all of the changes are already on the beta 6? Sorry for the stupid question, it's only that I don't know.

17. Nightinggale

Nightinggale Chieftain

Beta 6 is released as a standalone mod. You don't have to download any other versions, though you have to read the instructions because you have to download two zip files. There is an issue where savegames have to be loaded by a mod of the same name as the one which saved it. Because of this you might have to give the mod "the wrong" name to load your savegames, but that should be the only savegame issue. We worked to make sure savegames will work with any 2.7.x release.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
  18. R_TEAM

R_TEAM Chieftain

Congrats on the Relase (beta) :)
    Have 2.7.1beta6 testet ...
    On the Steam version (it have propper and functional Multiplayer support..)
    In Multiplayer ...
    Around 5h - no OOS Errors until now .... nice
    Only problem :
    If you move goods in Europa from the Market in your ship and you have not enough money , the game "hangs" with an exception, but can be clicked on "ignore" and then it continues to run ...

Regards

19. Hecur

Hecur Chieftain

Thats because it is an assert build, eaiser for detecting problem. A full release will not have this.

20. R_TEAM

R_TEAM Chieftain

o.k - have more Errors in Multiplayer ....
    Would continue the game from last day ..
    Load the Game on the Host .. o.k.
    Get the other Player in-game lobby ... o.k.
    Start the game ...
    I am in the game after loading-screen (i am the Host ..) ..
    The other Player get an Error (show picture)
    The error coming again and again ..
    And he get the msg that he need to select "again" work for all his people in the citys ..

Attached Files: