We Want Terraforming Back! Yes or No

Do You Want Terraforming Included in a Future Patch?

• Heck Yes, I Miss It!

Votes: 39 45.9%
  • Yes, Sounds Like Fun

Votes: 8 9.4%
  • I dont Care Either Way

Votes: 10 11.8%
  • No, Civ3 is Fine Without It

Votes: 12 14.1%
  • No, It Would Throw Off Game Balance

• Heck No, I Hated Terraforming!

• Total voters
Originally posted by louiethelesbo
PS: CANADIANS ARE WORTHLESS....OTHERWISE THEY WOULD OWN THEIR OWN PROFESSIONAL SPORTS TEAMS AND SUPPORT THEM
IF THE USA STOPPED...WHO WOULD PROTECT CANDADA?..BETTER YET..WHO WOULD WANT IT?

Comments like these are not appreciated. I have noticed a growing tread of people disregarding warnings and posting flames. For this reason you have earned yourself an immediate ban for 24 hours. This ban will start 1700 19 April 2002 and will last until 1700 20 April 2002. Please, no more replies to his wholely inappropriate comments.

nice one palehorse ... slap on hte wrist for a naughty naughty boy ;)

anywho ... back to topic

actually ... i dont miss terraforming much at all in civ3 ... but what i would like is ways to change the land ... like the aquaducts through mountains as mentioned ... i would LOVE to see dams that did something .. that would be cool to see the actual map change ... so in short ... i dont really wanna see a return of civ2 terraforming ... but i WOULD love to see some terraforming in a new way ... something more akin to real life type terraforming ... and it would look so cooooollll to create lakes from rivers

if i was paid minimum wage for all the hours i must have spent terraforming hills into plains and viceversa in civ2, i may have a downpayment for a house.

My friends who were big fans of Alpha Centauri miss terraforming in Civ3. I do not. At first I was wondering whether I needed a certain tech before I could do so (dynamite, etc etc) but then I realized it was just removed from the game.

It allows me to micromanage other things. Already it is a bit annoying to babysit dozens of workers. Now I can focus a bit more on inflicting maximum casualties on those backstabbing germans.

Originally posted by wisefool
if i was paid minimum wage for all the hours i must have spent terraforming hills into plains and viceversa in civ2, i may have a downpayment for a house.

My friends who were big fans of Alpha Centauri miss terraforming in Civ3. I do not. At first I was wondering whether I needed a certain tech before I could do so (dynamite, etc etc) but then I realized it was just removed from the game.

It allows me to micromanage other things. Already it is a bit annoying to babysit dozens of workers. Now I can focus a bit more on inflicting maximum casualties on those backstabbing germans.

Allowing terraforming just means, gamewise, that you would be able to change a terrain tile in another. It does not means you HAVE to be able to raze a mountain, it can be limited to smaller things. Terraforming would be awesome for mods (particularly fantasy and SF ones), and there is actually no reason at all not to include the option for it (there is NO engine limitation on this point, as the pollution already have this exact same abilities of morphing one terrain in another).

I would like to have the option of terraforming put into the editor. Should it be in the game by default? Not too sure as I don't know how it would effect game play.

Top Bottom