"We yearn to join our motherland"

Barak

Emperor
I am playing as America. The year is 1808, and I am doing well. Manifest destiny is holding true, as I have cities on both coasts and my great culture is pushing back the English and Aztec cities.

In Grand Forks, I have three unhappy citizens due to "We yearn to join our motherland" due entirely to immigration from the old world. Is there a way to disable this for America, as it makes their UP almost worthless if these new population points lead directly to unhappy citizens.

Ah, those inmigrants... First they leave their motherland, then they miss it... They should make up their minds! :p

I thought this was fixed already. It has been mentioned at least once or twice as a problem.
I'm not sure the unhappiness should be completely removed, but it should definately be reduced. Some immigrants are unhappy, but not nearly as unhappy as people under occupation (which is what the "motherland" unhappiness represents.)

I think the UP should definitely remove some desire to return to the motherland, if not all of it. Or, drastically speed up cultural assimilation.

The problem with the American UP is that adding foreign population causes unhappiness due to "motherland" issues plus it can be tough to keep happy and healthy recources in line with increasing population that the player cannot control.

My city of Oklahoma got to a point whre I was 4 unhealthy and 3 unhappy due to the exploding population. Which was not really a problem until the Aztec horde stormed over the border with 20 rifles (when they were 6 techs behind me)

Top Bottom