Weapon Types - Whats best?

Discussion in 'CivBE - General Discussions' started by etipton3, Nov 7, 2014.

1. etipton3

etipton3 Chieftain

Using Pan-Asian I find the boom saw is best against the sandworms, however I still die a lot. Can someone explain their measures to defeat these gruesome beasts? otherwise i'll have to whisper the words 'beetlejuice, beetlejuice, beetlejuice'

2. KingDynamo

KingDynamo Doctor of Skulkery

I don't quite get what you mean by saying "boom saw" but I'll say two words of my own in response:

Purity, Explorers.

Well I guess it is a little bit more complicated than that. So basically you want to avoid aggrevating them for as long as possible until you can get the ultrasonic fence up. Once you have that your city is safe. But if you want to kill the beast, then you need to do some more work. Again, the key is to use Purity explorers. I'll let you figure out the rest on your own. :p

3. Monado

Monado King

One alien should stay fortified on the nest at all times. That would mostly end the absolutely stupid mechanic of "explorer nest busting".

On topic: Ultransonic fences with some ranged units to take out sandworms. If the terrain around the sandworm is navigable enough, and you can move the ranged units around comfortably, make a squad of three such units to take out any worm.

4. KrikkitTwo

KrikkitTwo Immortal

Actually to solve the problem of purity exploreralien nest busting And the minor problem of freindly aliens being easy to walk over their nest

Nests must be pillaged like any other improvement
    Explorers can't pillage
    Nests spawn aliens in Adjacent tiles if the tile they are in is occupied

5. xamlop

xamlop Chieftain

It's not THAT stupid, juste rename your explorer Indiana Jones. And nests are really not an important factor in the game anyways.

6. War_Pig

War_Pig Warlord

Depends, are siege worms a type of snake?

7. Monado

Monado King

A much better idea!

8. kingsbury

kingsbury Warlord

Siege worms are trivially easy with enough ranged units as long as you don't get too aggressive and trap your units somewhere where they can't escape.

9. player1 fanatic

player1 fanatic Fanatic

Gunners, lots of gunners. Worms are too slow to get to them.

10. Quineloe

Quineloe Prince

It doesn't take nests to make Worms appear I think. So purity explorers are not relevant.

11. Jacozilla

Jacozilla Warlord

Obviously the OPs native language is not English. I would love to know what the heck translates into "boom saw"

I know google translates always spits out some real gems of comedy for whatever is your language choice :)

12. Swansons

Swansons Chieftain

i want the boom saw unit. :king:

13. KingDynamo

Purity explorers do not get attacked by aliens. That is all. The game says nothing about specifically using it for the purpose of stomping nests. You can use them in many other ways, and you only need but be creative. They can definitely help out in worm hunting.

14. MrImperatorRoma

MrImperatorRoma Chieftain

I'd say rangers are better. I trapped 3 worms outside my city with the UF and slaughtered them with a couple rangers concentrating fire. The slaughter was a painfully slow process however.

15. KingDynamo

Well you're comparing two different tools here. Rangers are a weapon against the worm. Explorers aren't. (Well, you could use them as weapons, you'd just have to throw like a hundred of them at the worm to kill it :p) I think you have the right idea though by what you've said there.

16. Jacozilla

Jacozilla Warlord

Purity explorers are awesome to use as immune human shields to block aliens from attacking your sniping troops.

One purity explorer can block alien movement while 2-3 units behind him range attack aliens.

I play for fun as well as winning, and achievement check lists. So while maybe not the smartest thing to do to antagonize aliens early, I still do it.

Partly because I'm chasing the 1000 aliens killed achievement, partly because its just fun stomping bugs. And purity explorers aside from advantages scouting exploration sites without danger, also helps my alien killing squads block alien movement without fear of being snuffed by the aliens.