1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Weapons fx

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Star Trek Mod' started by jjake101, Sep 8, 2012.

1. jjake101

jjake101 Chieftain

In the next update would it be possible to add Star Trek weapons to the ships instead of the generic "Final Frontier" effects and sounds?

2. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

I'm sure it would be possible, but I understand deanej stopped working on the mod: as is it's the Final Version. ;)

As a note to anyone wanting to try updating weapons FX: Civ2 had many a mod using Stra Trek sounds (notably by kobayashi). They aren't in MP3 format though.

3. deanej

deanej Chieftain

Well, I may get inspired to change how the Maquis work in the DS9 scenario as per a discussion earlier this year, but as of right now no new releases are planned unless something comes up.

It's possible to change the animations, but I wouldn't know how (I'm good on the coding front but not the art front); I'm not sure if anyone involved with the mod knows how. I remember that I was delighted that the units could get animations at all (they originally didn't have any).

4. jjake101

jjake101 Chieftain

Perhaps you could try and recruit an artist or someone who experience in FX (a recruitment topic on the forums mabey?)