Wearing shorts, taking photos... things to avoid in "multicultural" France

luiz

Trendy Revolutionary
Some recent news stories that would have been unthinkable in any other developed country but merit only a few footnotes in France (translations by me):

Toulon: violently assaulted because their wives were wearing shorts
Two women were insulted and their husbands beaten by around ten young men from the "cité" of Œillets [note: cité is a poor neighborhood in France full of government-housing and immigrants]. The worst injured one has multiple fractures on his face and was declared incapable to work for 30 days.
"What caused the fight was the way the women were dressed, and it was in no way unusual", explain Bernard Marchal, the prosecutor at Toulon, to France Bleu Provence. "A pretext to insult them and provoke the incident. They shouted "whores" and "that's it, get naked!", he proceeds. "The husbands asked them to respect their wives and that caused a fight. The three men were violently beaten in the face, in front of their children, and the women were slightly hurt".
http://www.lefigaro.fr/actualite-fr...sses-parce-que-leurs-femmes-sont-en-short.php

Tension in Haute Corse after violent fight between Corsican and Maghrebine communities in Sisco
A young women, witness to the events, explained in the megaphone in front of the people gathered that the fight begun when several women who bathed in burkinis were photographed by tourists. Insults were made by several young men of Maghrebine origin. Several older men, also of Maghrebine origin, then arrived, with machettes [!!!], and then attacked a group of young Corsicans, aged between 15-18 and that were at the same beach, according to the witness. Parents of the young Corsicans intervened, and two of them were hurt with fishing harpons"
http://www.laprovence.com/article/f...-corse-un-probleme-de-burkini-a-lorigine.html

Of course, the Corsicans haven't given up on their own land in the way the mainland French have, so following this incident hundreds gathered to try to catch the Arabs who did that, burned their cars, and one ended up in the hospital.

But it's interesting to see that according to French press Corsicans are now just a "community" in Corsica! That's multiculturalism for you. It's also clear that decades of out of control Arab immigration to France have created zones where French law and culture no longer apply; where women can't wear shorts and tourists can't take pictures at the beach (and note that the people beaten up were not even the tourists, who apparently were Czechs, but some Corsican youngsters who were just bathing in this no-go zone). These problems were swept under the carpet for decades, and still are denied or ignored by the politically correct press (Le Monde didn't even print the story about the shorts), which in France really tries to control what people can read. Le Figaro, which is more of a right-wing newspaper, published the story, but they still dance around the fact that the attackers are Arab youths.

Many people correctly point out that terrorism, while of course brutal and psychologically devastating, is objectively speaking a minor and relatively rare issue. But the disintegration of French society caused by illimited Arab immigration is major. France is already quite advanced in the path of Lebanization, and thanks to Merkel's madness, this is what Germany will look like in 20 years.

Ironically (not) all the French feminist groups, so quick to raise hell over minor and vacuous sexist remarks made by celebrities and politicians, have nothing to say about women being physically attacked for wearing shorts.

The beach incident was reported on the BBC.

If I was to go to a beach here in the UK and start taking photographs of women without their permission I would expect to get a reaction.

The beach incident was reported on the BBC.

If I was to go to a beach here in the UK and start taking photographs of women without their permission I would expect to get a reaction.

I've taken many beach pictures in which women were also included and I was never attacked, much less with a machette or a fishing harpoon.

And of course in this case the kids who were brutalized were not even the ones who took the pictures, they just committed the grave crime of going to beach in their own country that has now been declared out of bounds to the "Corsican community".

What if I am a Norman warlord seeking new lands? Do...do I need to consult someone?

Sometimes things can change a lot just based on the neighborhood. Once I was with this guy I was dating in New York. He was Brazilian/Guyanese. I was leaving and we were going to just kiss briefly but we were in a West Indian neighborhood and thought, no not a good idea. However it was acceptable for people to walk around in the street smoking pot there. It doesn't really take a lot for people to change what you can/can't do in a neighborhood. Well, in much of America it's not common to see men kiss either but it does take a certain level of entitlement to immigrate to a country and then make demands on how the local women dress.

I've taken many beach pictures in which women were also included and I was never attacked, much less with a machette or a fishing harpoon.

And of course in this case the kids who were brutalized were not even the ones who took the pictures, they just committed the grave crime of going to beach in their own country that has now been declared out of bounds to the "Corsican community".

There is a difference to taking pictures where women (or children or someone who does not want to be photographed) are included and taking photographs of them.

If you were on the beach with your girlfriend/ wife/ sister and a stranger started taking pictures of them, not the beach, I would be surprised if you would not ask them to stop. If another person then started taking photographs of her, not the beach, I would be surprised if you did not react in some way.

Then the situation escalated with people joining the confrontation and criminal actions being engaged in by both sides.

From BBC

Witnesses say the brawl began after the Muslim families objected to photos being taken by a tourist. When a local teenager, with a group of friends on the beach, also took a photo the brawl erupted. Stones and bottles were thrown. "It wasn't the burkini that started the row," the mayor told French radio.

Soon about 40 men from Sisco arrived to defend the youths, witnesses said, and one of the men was slashed with a harpoon blade.

According to Le Figaro newspaper (in French), some of the older men in the bathing party had attacked the teenagers with hatchets.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-37082637

It's also clear that decades of out of control Arab immigration to France have created zones where French law and culture no longer apply...

Wow, so men can get beat up on the street and the French police won't even try and find the perpetrators because assault and battery is not illegal in France? :eek: That is what you''re trying to say, right?

Because if it's not, you're reporting on a case of criminal conduct, and surprise, criminal conduct goes on all over the world. So the only reason to bring it up here is so that we an all learn to hate, Hate, HATE Muslims! :mad: Because hatred, prejudice and bigotry is the Christian way! What would Jesus do? Why carpet bomb Arab lands!

:shake:

Please come back when you have something interesting to say.

There is a difference to taking pictures where women (or children or someone who does not want to be photographed) are included and taking photographs of them.

If you were on the beach with your girlfriend/ wife/ sister and a stranger started taking pictures of them, not the beach, I would be surprised if you would not ask them to stop. If another person then started taking photographs of her, not the beach, I would be surprised if you did not react in some way.

Then the situation escalated with people joining the confrontation and criminal actions being engaged in by both sides.

From BBC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-37082637

Asking to stop is different than attacking people with harpoons and machetes. And the people attacked were not even the ones taking pictures. And at any rate the beach is a public space, people can photograph whatever the hell they please, including other people, even if it's very rude to take a close-up picture of someone else. And at any rate we don't know if that's what happened. The tourists were just as likely taking pictures of the landscape, which happened to include women in burkinis. The Arabs, furious that their property was being photographed without their consent, decided to attack everybody who was not of the right "community" on the beach. And I don't know what sort of barbarian animal goes to the beach with a machete.

That you would try to relativize this bizarre act of violence and blame "both sides" is quite regrettable but not surprising. That's how France, and other places in Europe, arrived at this state.

You should relativize the story about the shorts as well. Who do this Frenchwomen think they are, wearing shorts in a cité in their own country? They should respect the "local community"!

Wow, so men can get beat up on the street and the French police won't even try and find the perpetrators because assault and battery is not illegal in France? :eek: That is what you''re trying to say, right?

Because if it's not, you're reporting on a case of criminal conduct, and surprise, criminal conduct goes on all over the world. So the only reason to bring it up here is so that we an all learn to hate, Hate, HATE Muslims! :mad: Because hatred, prejudice and bigotry is the Christian way! What would Jesus do? Why carpet bomb Arab lands!

:shake:

Please come back when you have something interesting to say.

Well I come from a country full of criminals and murderers, but none of them is motivated by wearing shorts.

This is not about regular criminal behavior, this is about immigrant groups imposing their own backwards and ultra-sexist cultural norms in whole areas of their host country, and violently beating up the natives that dare to "defy" them, even if the "defiance" was totally unintentional. This has become so common in France it's barely reported (and of course some people choose not to report it because they are like you).

If you can't understand the difference between this and someone picking up a wallet in the subway, then you should go away and come back when you've grown a brain.

"It's so common that it's barely reported"

France, and indeed European countries in general, should not accommodate to Muslim way of life. Instead, Muslims should adopt Western culture and accept that European societies are more free and open than their own. Those who cannot adapt can return back to their countries. Islamic extremism (and indeed any kind of religious extremism) should not be accepted in the name of "tolerance" and "religious freedom".

In Arab countries (UAE, Saudi Arabia, etch) Westerners who live there have to abide by Muslim customs and law (and they are right to do so, since they decide to live in a country with a different culture which they should respect). So why Muslims in Europe should not accept European customs (which are far less repressive than the customs of Arab countries)?

If feminists are to be believed, rape falls under the category of "so common it's barely reported".

For the record, I think they're actually more or less correct. But the same could apply to harassment in general.

luiz said:
Of course, the Corsicans haven't given up on their own land in the way the mainland French have, so following this incident hundreds gathered to try to catch the Arabs who did that, burned their cars, and one ended up in the hospital.

This sounds a lot like a race riot to me. And this is the worst description of a race riot I've ever read.

If the government cannot protect the people and enforce law and order, the people need to defend themselves. The leftist agenda actually radicalizes moderates and leads to the rise of the far right. The best ally of the far right is the left while its worst enemy the mainstream right because it attempts to enforce sane policies which hinder the rise of the far right and stop the radicalization of the moderates.

No, I'm pretty sure the biggest help to the far right is people like you and luiz basically telling them that their fears are valid.

True Frenchman don't cover up. Even Bonaparte himself didn't. In your face muzzies!

If feminists are to be believed, rape falls under the category of "so common it's barely reported".
I took luiz as "barely reported on (by the press)". We're talking about public events here. In other words, he is insinuating a bias in the press which doubles as a convenient excuse for a lack of sources for the claims he is making.

On the other hand the feminist point on rape is that it's barely reported by the victims (to the police), for fear of not being believed or being subjected to humiliating and emotionally draining trials.

I don't think that's really comparable.

I do not see how they are not. I only see that you accept the argument only when it suits the leftist agenda.

That's totally true, unfortunately. Do you think this was the first time women were attacked for wearing shorts in France? Unless someone is seriously injured, as was the case here, this won't even make it to a footnote of a local newspaper. Such is the state of modern multicultural France.

This sounds a lot like a race riot to me. And this is the worst description of a race riot I've ever read.
Race riot? More like Corsicans being fed up of being treated like intruders in increasing parts of their own island. As far as "race" goes, I don't think there is much difference between Corsicans and Maghrebins. There is a huge cultural divide, though.

No, I'm pretty sure the biggest help to the far right is people like you and luiz basically telling them that their fears are valid.
Unfortunately it is reality that is telling the natives that their fears are valid, when they see their women attacked for wearing shorts and their kids attacked for being at the "wrong" beach, all in their own country.

Top Bottom