Websites helpful for IOTs

/r/economics is terrible and any advice you get from there is also terrible, fyi

Yeah, it has been a while (wow just a year) since this list was made. I've stopped visiting as much. Even when I found it, /r/news was slowly leaking into it but at this point, the mods are hesistant to enforce any amount of quality control in the comments. The articles are...decent, but they're less economics and more, I don't know, business? Financial?

Things are expected to keep sucking because we're in an election season and mah basic income mah bernie sanders mah fed is evil rabble rabble rabble

...er... linking to the Daily Mail AKA the Daily Fail AKA the Daily Hail?

...er... linking to the Daily Mail AKA the Daily Fail AKA the Daily Hail?

...er... attacking the newspaper rather than commenting on what is a pretty cool link

Yeah... I explored that for way too long. Does illustrate the strength of Shanghai economy

Pointing out that:
1) The link isn't a news article, or even information provided by the Daily Mail itself. It's a link to a Greek ship-tracking software. Which is obvious from the URL
2) The main goal of this thread is to provide resources, and occasionally discuss them if they've become outdated. Again, that was a bit tangential
3) You're not exactly innocent of posting links to some pretty questionable sources yourself (and I'm pretty sure most people are aware of the Daily Mail's reputation), so cut him some slack

Pointing out that:
1) The link isn't a news article, or even information provided by the Daily Mail itself. It's a link to a Greek ship-tracking software. Which is obvious from the URL
2) The main goal of this thread is to provide resources, and occasionally discuss them if they've become outdated. Again, that was a bit tangential
3) You're not exactly innocent of posting links to some pretty questionable sources yourself (and I'm pretty sure most people are aware of the Daily Mail's reputation), so cut him some slack

1: oh... I was just... concerned.
2: true, I just was concerned with the information.
3: what links in question?

So in this thread, we share websites that might be helpful for IOTers and why they are helpful.

• Random.org (Helps you with mechanics of games such as combat and random events, etc.)
  • Random Name Generator (If you need a leader name and you don't know any names from the country, you can randomly generate a name of your leader.)
  • Wabbit (A calculator emulator. If your IOT requires calculation, you can use this one instead of the crappy one your computer comes with.)
  • Fantasy Name Generators (If you need a name for a Fantasy IOT. Suggested by TheGryphonPrince.)
  • Random World Generator (Random Map Maker, for if you want to make an IOT that doesn't take place on this wonderful rock we call home. Suggested by Reus.)
  • Google Docs (Helpful for sharing IOT-related documents. Suggested by Scarlet_King.)
  • Wikipedia (For research. Suggested by Scarlet_King.)
  • /r/Economics (For inspiration for game mechanics. Suggested by Scarlet_King.)
  • /r/geopolitics (For inspiration for in-game diplomacy. Suggested by Scarlet_King.)
  • /r/vexillology/ (When you need a flag for your country.)
  • Flagmaker 1.7 (When you have an idea for a flag in your head and you need to get it out.)
  • Parliament Diagram (So you can show how many people are in parliament. Suggested by Robert Can't.)
  • Hexographer (Easy mapmaker. Has a free version and a paid version. Suggested by Civ'ed.)
  • HeroMachine 3 (Character creator. Suggested by Civ'ed.)
  • /r/worldbuilding (For worldbuilding.)
  • IOT Wiki (A wiki for IOTs. Suggested by Double A.)
  • GeaCron (For looking at maps of the past.)
  • CIA Factbook (For facts on modern countries.)
  • 10 Principles of Economics (Helping you set up a nice in-game economy mechanic. Suggested by Scarlet_King.)
  • IOT Chat (Connect with us. Suggested by Terran Empress.)

If there are any others you guys come up with, I'll add it to the list.

Moderator Action: Amended chat link.

did this

The chat link needs to link to the flash version, which is superior

The Flash version is objectively inferior, don't listen to this man he is actually a Faceless.

I'm not a faceless, you're an evil faceless - You can see my face in my avatar, but I can't see your face.

Also flash is objectively superior

Less of a website and more of an analysis.

The analysis in this article is based on three realist core assumptions: First, anarchy is the nature of the international system and security dilemmas are inevitable. Because states are very sensitive to their relative power gap with others, it is impossible for the second largest global power to hide its strength during the forming process of bipolarity. Second, foreign policy aims at achieving national interests and international power is an important part of the national interests of major powers. The priority of national interests is determined by a state’s international status. For the second largest power to balance against the top power, it needs strategic allies more urgently than economic profits. Third, the competition for power is a zero sum game and structural conflicts between the rising power and the existing power are inevitable. When the strategy of annexation is not available, the competition will turn to how to make more allies.

If like me you like to patch up your old posts and find the Xenforo migration turned your foreign characters into HTML gibberish, this can parse them back.

Top Bottom