1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Weekend Specials Online

Discussion in 'All Other Games' started by GoodGame, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Synsensa

Synsensa Deity Retired Moderator

Got Rogue Legacy. Probably the only rogue-like besides Binding of Isaac I've enjoyed, but it's hard as hell and having your gold taken away each time you die is annoying, but still a better alternative to true perma-death.

2. mechaerik

mechaerik Tuturuu!

Greenmangaming started its own sale. The format is the annoying "all short flash sales". 4 deals every 4 hours for 4 days. In the first round is Bioshock Infinite for $10; the voucher TAREM-4PLAY-VOUCH should apply and remove 20% on top of that (making it $8).

3. scheva007

scheva007 Prince

oh not that again. seriously, dont they think people have to sleep or have jobs? i prefer steams 8h deals

4. Joecoolyo

Joecoolyo 99% Lightspeed

Nabbed Far Cry 3 for $7.49 from Amazon and Bioshock Infinite for 8$ from GMG (thanks mechaerik!).

EDIT: And yeah, it is kind of annoying.

5. Nials

Nials Prince

A really good game, I think.

It's currently 3.75€ on Amazon.

6. Malachi256

Malachi256 Prince

I think it's worth pointing out that TONS of stuff on Steam is for sale. Stuff that isn't anywhere close to the front page. I've got 14 items on my wishlist, and only a couple weren't on sale. I recommend doing a more thorough search of stuff you might be interested in - don't just browse the front page stuff.

7. mechaerik

mechaerik Tuturuu!

8. mechaerik

mechaerik Tuturuu!

It is the last day of the Greenmangaming 4-play sale, and according to them, every sale needs a happy ending. To this end, it appears they've put every game from the other three sales on at once, all day. The coupon code still works (TAREM-4PLAY-VOUCH) for another 20% off.

9. Hammer Rabbi

Hammer Rabbi Deity GOTM Staff

totally splurged on Brutal Legend WITH the soundtrack for a whopping $2.50 (steam). im only disappointed there's no Monster Magnet on the list of songs.

10. civvver

civvver Deity

Anyone mention the humble bundle weekly yet? It's REALLY good. Get SPAZ for a buck plus some others I don't care about, but you must try SPAZ! Awesome 2d space shooter with ship customization etc etc. Kind of like wing commander privateer becomes a 2d roguelike. Pay $6 and get dungeon defenders, a decent tower defense game where you engage directly in the combat in 3rd person, and Defense Grid, a really superb tower defense game with sweet towers and challenges. I did a review of it in the review thread. I haven't played the other games in the bundle but have over 250 hours combined on those three I mentioned so well worth the money!

11. Joecoolyo

Joecoolyo 99% Lightspeed

Age of Empires II HD is 75% off on Steam, finally, though I didn't actually expect it for the fall sale. Nabbed it.

12. Hammer Rabbi

Hammer Rabbi Deity GOTM Staff

im gonna wait but Shadow Warrior is also 75% off for $9.99. that was one of my favorite 90s games and having it redone for current graphics cards and whatnot is pretty sweet. im also probably going to get Don't Starve if i can catch it on sale again. i have a short list of things to wait on too (like a Sleeping Dogs goty version) but i have no real timetable for any of it.

@civvver: Defense Grid is really fun but I havent tried Dungeon Defenders yet. i might look at SPAZ but i think the name had me confused with another mini-game that wasnt what you describe.

13. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

I've been a bit disappointed with this year's Fall Sale. There were a couple things I saw that I was slightly interested in, but nothing really caught my attention for some reason. Maybe it's just me knowing that the big holiday sale is less than a month away, and the big sales (summer and holiday) always seem to have the better deals.

14. scheva007

scheva007 Prince

Same here, but i wasnt planning on buying anything. Although grid 2 dlc was cheaper on gamersgate than on steam, but then again not all the dlc (especially the dlc i want).

15. civvver

civvver Deity

SPAZ is space pirates and zombies. You control a ship on a 2d space map, you customize your ships with different weapons, hulls, components and then go do side missions as you advance on the main mission/story line. It's hard to explain more succinctly than that, my suggestion go watch a gameplay vid on youtube or something to get the visual flavor.

As far as the fall sale the deals are going to be identical to the christmas one, only the christmas one is probably longer so that one game you're looking for is more likely to go on sale, since there's only 8 or so dailies and 12 flashes per day. In general most games are 25-50% off and then go on a flash or daily for up to 75% off. I nabbed max payne 3 cus it dropped from $15 in the summer sale to $5 (base price changed form 60 to 20, same 75% discount), but I doubt one month is going to drop base price on any other games. I'm waiting for the same thing to happen to xcom, want to get it around $5.

16. Red Key

Red Key Modder

I've decided to just wait for a "gold edition" or the like and, of course, a sale.

17. Nexlev

Nexlev King

The "x-com collection" is on sale at amazon (steam version) for $10

18. Maniacal

Maniacal the green Napoleon

SPAZ is neat, I haven't gotten it myself yet though. From what I've seen and been told though the gameplay gets fairly repetitive, but still should be worth picking up on a sale.

19. mechaerik

mechaerik Tuturuu!

New humblebundle: the Humble Jumbo Bundle.

$1 minimum tier is Natural Selection 2, Sanctum 2 and Magicka and some of its DLC
    Beat the average for Orcs Must Die 2 Complete, Garry's Mod, and Serious Sam 3: BFE. Additional games will be added in the second week.

Average is $4.02 at the time of this post.

20. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

I strongly encourage people to check this one out. It is worth it for Garry's mod alone, nevermind the other stuff (some of which sounds like fun for when I'm in a casual mood).