1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Weekend Specials Online

Discussion in 'All Other Games' started by GoodGame, Mar 14, 2009.

1. FriendlyFire

FriendlyFire Codex WMDicanious

Hmmm I only want Orcs must Die 2.
    I guess I could sell the cards from the crap games which I do not want should be able to get around $1 worth of cards which means $3 dollars price is WIN.

2. Maniacal

Maniacal the green Napoleon

Thankfully you get the individual Steam keys for each game, since the only one I wanted was NS2 (already had the other good games, didn't want any defence games cluttering up my library).

3. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

You can add the defense game and get at least a half a dollar or so of trading cards from playing it a little bit. I actually did the math and with a little bit of luck one can offset about half of the purchase using the cards. It's up to you, but the way I look at it it is essentially free money.

4. civvver

civvver Deity

SPAZ is a bit repetitive but it's fun to unlock all the ships and try different weapons. The problem is on the hardest levels you grind a lot (that's the repetitive part, not an issue on normal or easy) and basically use the best ship you can get your hands on until you unlock what are almost definitely the two most powerful ships and weapon systems, so there isn't a ton of variety. On easier difficulties you can mix it up, play a floating drone base or a missile boat for fun and all styles are effective.

Doesn't everyone who wants magicka have it by now? Regardless, excellent game. I have orcs must die 1 and wasn't all that thrilled about it. It's ok. Is 2 better?

5. Glassmage

Glassmage The Desert Flame

bought Simcity Cities of Tomorrow :3

6. NBAfan

NBAfan boss

Why?:confused:

7. CyberTyrant

CyberTyrant Emperor

Maybe he's a masochist. :dunno:

8. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

I have no idea what compelled you to do that. It is basically a glorified DLC with an expansion level price which doesn't fix any of the vanilla Simcity issues.

9. Hammer Rabbi

Hammer Rabbi Deity GOTM Staff

ugh, im going through a nightmare with steam right now. i cant access the cd keys because steam thinks im connecting thru a new computer or a new web browser (neither of which has changed). it is sending a verify code to an email address that was deleted a long time ago and wont send it to the one i want it to. humble bundle has no way around it either, afaik.

i gave $20 bucks for the deal (cuz i was feeling benevolent) -- $10 to HB, 5 to devs and 5 to charity. The only one i already had was Magicka but none of the DLCs. Im only interested in playing a couple of those but still. It's xmas. But now i'm bordering on a steam meltdown for this nonsense. their tech support is so laughably awful im not sure i'll get it resolved.

bah humbug!

edit: i also sent a ticket to HB and it turns out their new rollout to "simplify" key access is so bogged down with new tickets that I can expect a response to mine in about a week. yay.

edit2: it got resolved after a reinstall of the entire steam client. apparently for those of us who use NoScript and Firefox if you make changes thru the steam client and have your cookie and history settings to delete upon closing it will still affect the client. reinstalling it resulting in keeping the settings change (like the email change i made weeks ago). GRRRR!!! but i now have access to SS3, gary's mod, and sanctum. (will wait on the others while i play these for a bit.)

10. Dell19

Dell19 Take a break

I have both and its really just more of the same. There is a co op mode so if you know someone who would want to play it as well then it could be worth it for that.

11. Maniacal

Maniacal the green Napoleon

I've heard its also very focused on the co-op, and playing it in Sp is a lot more difficult.

12. Radio Noer

Radio Noer The Devourer

Co-op is emphasized, though not necessary to complete the game. However, it is mostly more of the same in terms of gameplay mechanics and whatnot, so if you're not a fan of the original, it's probably not worth it.

13. mechaerik

mechaerik Tuturuu!

GOG has started its Winter Sale, and for two days, you can get Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics for free.

14. Red Key

Red Key Modder

FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

*Rushes off to finally join GOG*

*GOG breaks before he can check out with the Fallout games in cart*

I've been planning on joining GOG but I was putting it off since I have so much backlog on Steam. Hopefully the traffic on GOG will die down so I can get those free games.

15. civvver

civvver Deity

Yeah I was gonna post that too, almost think the freebies need their own thread!

Also it looks like gog will be removing them from sale after the giveaway due to copyrights so if for some reason you don't like free games and think you'll just buy them later (...who in their right mind thinks that way?...) you won't be able to.

16. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

-> picked them up.
    Have all 3 as CD, but hey, it's for free.
    So just in case, as a backup.

For the rest, I'd first have to check how much money on my Paypal account is left, and then I'd have to pick a time when the gog server isn't nearly dead from too much traffic...so maybe I will, maybe not.

17. mechaerik

mechaerik Tuturuu!

The new Humble Weekly is up.

The $1 tier is Zeno Clash 1 and 2, Killing Floor, and Dwarfs!?.
    The $6 tier is Rock of Ages and Rising Storm.

Killing Floor doesn't appear to come with any DLC, but much of the DLC is just characters, and the rest unlock the ability to purchase some weapons in the game.

18. Sonereal

Sonereal ♫We got the guillotine♫ Supporter

The weapons are generally fun. You can skip characters if you don't want them, as well as golden weapon packs, but you can play on any server regardless of DLC.

19. civvver

civvver Deity

Gog traffic has significantly died down. Should be no issue getting those freebies now!

20. cardgame

cardgame Obsessively Opposed to the Typical

Killing Floor for $1 is a steal, if you like zombie games you need to have it.