1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Weekend Specials Online

Discussion in 'All Other Games' started by GoodGame, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Hammer Rabbi

Hammer Rabbi Deity GOTM Staff

meh, its day 2. plenty of time left to see better deals.

2. Samez

Samez Emperor

I picked up the Bioshock infinite seasons pass and torchlight 2 for 5€ each which were okay.
    I am a bit disappointed that there are no more publisher catalogs available.
    Also Alice Madness Returns for >10 € as flash deal was a rip off. The game is from 2011 and got average ratings (IIRC metascore 71%). They still claim a standard price of 49.99€.

3. Synsensa

Synsensa Deity Retired Moderator

But Music Creator 6 is 66% off! What a deal!

4. Sonereal

Sonereal ♫We got the guillotine♫ Supporter

Music Creator isn't a game though. It is a way of life.

(Anyone interested in Music Creator 6 should buy now. Sale ends in two hours).

5. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

Torchlight 2! I have no idea why I hadn't picked that one up in an earlier sale, but I now have it and am 5$ lighter in the wallet.

But I agree, I have been underwhelmed by day 1 and 2, good thing that this goes till day 15. :)

6. Maniacal

Maniacal the green Napoleon

Might as well just link to the Reddit post for the Steam sale updates.

Age of Empires II HD
    Ace of Spades
    CS:GO
    The Wolf Among Us
    Starforge
    KotOR
    Sleeping Dogs

Flash:
    XCOM Enemy Unkown
    Deus Ex: HR DC

Vote: The Pit

Today's selection is better, although still mostly games that have been on sale many, many times before and some of the sale prices aren't anything special (sure KotOR is still worth more than the $5 its on, but 50% off on a game that has been 75% off many, many times on Steam before is hardly a daily special).

7. Sonereal

XCOM Enemy Within is 50% off as well.

8. Hammer Rabbi

well, ive been waiting on a Sleeping Dogs goty kind of package but they have one for $7.99 right now with 16 of the 28 dlcs. only problem is i cant really see which ones arent included without writing them down and cross checking to see. or i could get the game for $5 and then all the dlc for $7 more. im gonna get it though, just need to decide the version in the next 2 days.

edit: geez steam is super buggy right now. had to restart it several times as its not properly changing pages. couldnt even make my purchase without 2 restarts so i aborted that. im gonna wait til later when traffic is less.

9. Red Key

Red Key Modder

For regions it is available to, Amazon has better deals on XCOM if you buy packs. You can get EU+EW for $19.99 to redeem on Steam or there is a collection for $9.99 with EU+DLC and all the classic games.

10. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

Picked up Enemy Unknown from today, others were sort of meh, but still better than day 1 or 2.

11. Luckymoose

Luckymoose The World is Mine

This Steam sale has been extremely crappy.

12. Sonereal

Another day, another largely disappointing sale (though I did pick up the CK2 converter). Dragon Age: Origins, Crusader Kings II, Witcher 2, Antichamber, TES: Oblivion, Tomb Raider 2013, Rogue Legacy, Max Payne 3, and Shadow Warrior are the daily deals today, each under $10.

All Crusader Kings II DLC except SoA and SoA-related DLC are 75% off.

13. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

If I want to get into the Elder Scrolls should I pick up Oblivion or wait for the inevitable Skyrim discount?

Also, I'm starting to think that perhaps 15 days is too long for a Steam Sale, given how much chaff there seems to have been so far. Good thing there are still another 10 days to go.

14. Maniacal

$3.99 for Max Payne 3 seems like a good deal to me!

I do not recommend getting Oblivion TBH, it wasn't that great when it came out and has aged rather poorly. It has its great moments yes, and some pretty funny stuff, but overall its pretty average at best :(

15. Hammer Rabbi

i dunno if anyone else is having steam problems but ive never had it be this buggy before. every time i load it several images are missing, code text is replaced/visible and my auto purchases no longer remember my payment settings forcing me to type them in each time. ive had no significant pc changes in several months. it's damn irritating to have to restart to see things and the payment stuff is almost a deal breaker.

/bah humbug

edit: just tried to add things to my cart and it froze. tried to change store pages and nothing but i can go to library, community, etc. this is after a complete system restart so i cant see how my pc i directly responsible. gotta go through some system maintenance stuff, i guess, to see what's wrong.

heh, edit2: after restarting the pc and only starting steam, i typed in the payment info again and i got a "temporarily unavailable" message regarding being able to pay for anything. something must be effed up at steam. anyone having payment issues as well?

16. Maniacal

I'm having zero problems, its probably just really busy for whatever server you are accessing.

CFC on the other hand... sloooooooow.

17. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

The admins have been playing whack-a-mole with some malware for the past week which for me anyways has made CFC slow.

18. Maniacal

Its been slow and sometimes doesn't finish loading the entire page (quick reply box is often cut off) since I moved to different city 4 months ago, so I don't think that's been the problem.

19. Hammer Rabbi

CFC is slow for me everyday but i have NoScript blocking a few things that might help process stuff more efficiently. but it's worth blocking some of those data collecting scripts.

i ran some errands and am going to give steam another go to see if i can actually buy something.

edit: took my payment this time. got the MP3 complete for $7 and Sleeping Dogs package for $8.

20. Hammer Rabbi

heh, just found out i can list and sell those trading cards things. made 50 cents on 8 of them so far. wooo, kind of.