1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Weekend Specials Online

Discussion in 'All Other Games' started by GoodGame, Mar 14, 2009.

1. FriendlyFire

FriendlyFire Codex WMDicanious

No exploration, no puzzles, no storyline, would not buy unless it was free with some bundle games i wanted. While the graphics look like next gen the gameplay is generic beatem up. Dont waste your time and money
    Just stick to the really top notch games, and hidden indie gems.

Also did everyone just get a LOT of steam summer cards ?
    I think Gabe must have fixed the drops to 3 per day so I just got 8 cards all of a sudden, pity these are now selling for 8c each :(

2. Maniacal

Maniacal the green Napoleon

I got four of them, two of two different cards. that I already had :/

3. FriendlyFire

.............. You could have sold them when they were selling for 20c+ each at the start and then at the last hours bought a set when the prices collapsed to craft your badge.

Then again its only a few dollars, mostly amusing fun to make money from cards.
    It cost approx $500 USD to get to level 100 though :yup:

EDIT: Probably less now since you can sell wallpapers and emotes from crafting to get back some money.

4. Malachi256

Malachi256 Prince

Getting money from steam cards has got to be one of the worst wage-time investments in the developed world.

5. Maniacal

It doesn't take very much time and you can do it while watching Netflix.

Yeah I have this thing called a job that requires me to do this other thing called working. I don't get home until 7.5 hours after the sale changes.

6. FriendlyFire

Getting free steam money from playing games that you want to actually play ? :lol:

There are those that make large sums of money from steam market with high priced items, stock market style, Were talking thousands of dollars profit per item and making tens-fifty of thousands of dollars per year.

I lost steam money speculating on CSGO Stickers too :mad:
    Nah, have job too so money not a problem, just like to spend money on food and hardware.

7. civvver

civvver Deity

the market for that stuff is very random though, like a lot of really expensive dota 2 items. Just cus a couple sold for hundreds of dollars doesn't mean more will as two or three sales isn't enough to make a history and there is zero intrinsic value, only what someone's willing to pay for rarity.

Which is right up my ally some days! Seriously though, it takes forever to learn the basics of a new strategy game like civ, much less all the nuances, sometimes I just want to play something easy and mindless and I like being able to finish a game under 20 hours sometimes.

8. Maniacal

9. FriendlyFire

Tomb Raider - 86% metric critic score
    Ryze - 61% metric critic score

I clicked on tombraider then look at similar games look what steam recommended.
    Though with steam refunds, you can get your money back after 2 hrs of gameplay which is like half the game

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Ultimate Edition
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/234080/

METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/311340/

Resident evil 4 / biohazard 4
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/254700/

10. reddishrecue

reddishrecue Deity

Civ be used to have a weekend special where steam used to allow you to use civ be all you want for that weekend only. Other games have also had their own weekend specials also but i have been busy to try them out or login or whatever. Weekend specials for some of the many games that steam has often appear at random where youre allowed to use a full version of that game for free for a weekend only.

11. cybrxkhan

cybrxkhan Asian Xwedodah

Age of Wonders III is one of the daily deals today, has anyone played it? How does it compare to other similar fantasy strategy games like Fallen Enchantress or Heroes of Might and Magic?

I've listened to the soudntrack and it sounds kind of bleh, which is a mild red flag for me, but I might be convinced to buy it if it's fun enough.

12. Mitchum

Mitchum Deity

I have a Steam key for Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II if anyone wants it. Please PM me and I'll send it to you.

13. GAGA Extrem

GAGA Extrem Emperor

As a HOMM 3 fan I found it "okay" (which means: slightly below HOMM quality).

Last time I played it it had some balance issues (but that is understandable, given that it has A LOT of units, probably more than HOMM). I think it played like a mix between HOMM and CIV, but with the respective aspects (tactical combat and empire management) being less deep/complex, though. I liked the hero customization options and the general idea, but (iirc - it has been a while) the 3D maps were a bit confusing and the magic system had some quirky stuff in it.

I would recommend it for the current 10$/€. If you don't like it, you can just refund it before the 2h mark anyway. ;)
    ...and I'll boot up my copy to check how things changed while I was away. :D

14. Maniacal

I'm not sure of you're replying to anyone or not but anyway those are called Free Weekends. They have replaced demos, sadly, they don't happen very often.

15. civvver

civvver Deity

So the glorious summer sale has ended, how'd everyone do?

I only spent $25! So proud of my restraint!

Defense grid 2, space rangers, and castlevania lords of shadow were the big ones. Rest were all little stuff for around a dollar. Surprising how those can add up.

full tally, I had to look up my receipt emails to remember all the little ones lol
    Spoiler :

Contraption Maker
    Aeon Command
    Cthulhu Saves the World & Breath of Death VII Double Pack
    Creeper World 3
    How to Survive
    Defense Grid 2
    Five Night's At Freddy's
    Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
    One Finger Death Punch
    Space Rangers HD: A War Apart
    Startopia

16. Malachi256

Malachi256 Prince

65 bucks. Civ BE for 20, then a bunch of stuff for 5 and under. 13 games total. That's pretty nice =)

And here's the ones I've already played a bit or know I will play quite a bit:

1. Civ BE. The complete lack of any sort of diplomacy update or even, you know, some different words, is a huge disappointment, but other parts of the game are new and interesting and the art is beautiful.
    2. Legend of Grimrock 2 - finished the 1st one, will at least play this through once.
    3. Ziggurat - Already played this a bit, it's not bad.
    4. Defense Grid 2 - I played the 1st one to death, expect to do the same with this one.
    5. Warlock 2 - I'll give it a whirl, I know it's a brain-dead AI... will probably try to do the steam achievements.
    6. State of Decay DLCs - really liked this console port for some reason. Looking forward to the extra content.

17. cybrxkhan

cybrxkhan Asian Xwedodah

All I bought was a few CKII DLCs I already had, but now as gifts for my brother for Xmas or something. He's real busy with an internship this summer so he can't play games, so I figure I'd just buy a few DLCs he was missing and save 'em for later. Actually now that I think about it I also should've bought him CM, but oh well.

18. civvver

civvver Deity

I only played the first mission in DG2 and it plays exactly the same, which is fine. I would've been fine with expansion campaigns for the original. Looks like there are more specials for your towers later like freeze effects and stuff like that. But the graphics... the towers look much worse imo than in DG1. The UI does seem cleaner with more info on it as well though. One HUGE improvement, to speed things up is now a toggle instead of having to hold down the F button or whatever it was. Fingers rejoice!

19. CyberTyrant

CyberTyrant Emperor

Cities: Skylines was all I got. We're about to move so I couldn't spend much.

20. Ajidica

Ajidica High Quality Person

Starpoint Gemini 2, Deus Ex: HR Directors Cut, Avernum 2: Crystal Souls, and Nethergate Resurrection.
    Just over $20, so not bad.