1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Weekend Specials Online

Discussion in 'All Other Games' started by GoodGame, Mar 14, 2009.

1. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

I have Humble Bundle gift keys for the following titles:
    • RCT1
    • Train Sim 2016
    • Another random sim (can't remember which)
    • The Secret World
    • WARMACHINE Tactics
    • Chivalry - Medieval Warfare
    PM me if you want any of them.

2. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Moderator

The new Humble Bundle gets you Civ III & IV for £1 (like you don't already have them, right?), everything for Civ V for £5 (and 20% off HB's Civ VI) and all of Beyond Earth for £12.

3. civvver

civvver Deity

is all of beyond earth worth $15? I feel like it's not...

4. Arakhor

If you're going to play it at all, I think you could easily get 10-15 hours out of it. Whether or not you wish to make the time (and cash) investment is a different question.

5. Chukchi Husky

Chukchi Husky Lone Wolf

I managed to finish a game of Beyond Earth in about 6 hours.

6. Arakhor

And if that was your only game, then it might not be worth it, but if you like the idea of Civ V In Space! you'd be likely to play it a few more times.

I'm not a fan of the game myself, but its price is at the "take a plunge" level, especially with the DLC included.

7. civvver

civvver Deity

But that's what I mean is it just civ5 in space or is it a new experience? If I was an avid civ5 player I'd try it, but I lost interest in civ5 some time ago and never play it now (still got over a hundred hours played).

8. Synsensa

Synsensa Deity Retired Moderator

It's Civ 5 in space with less to do.

9. Arakhor

It does have the supremacy/purity/what-have-you stuff in it and of course a mod scene, but yeah, if you're bored of Civ V, it probably won't be of interest to you.

10. civvver

civvver Deity

Age of Decadence is on sale on steam for $7.49. I'm not sure what to make of it. It seems like an old school rpg ala baldur's gate but it's not high fantasy and is supposed to be darker and more realistic than other rpgs (ie you can't go slay 50 enemies in a battle with your sword), requiring more finesse and diplomatic options. It looks good and at that price, but idk if it's worth playing over say pillars of eternity.

11. Arakhor

They're not exclusive. :p They're also well worth both playing and at what, £6? Buy. It. Now.

12. civvver

civvver Deity

side note, what's with all the anime on steam lately and the massive amounts of graphic novels on there? It's all ridiculous sex stuff too like an animated novel about anime chicks at a beach. Or it'll be some crappy jrpg with anime chicks with huge boobs and tiny skirts. I just don't get it at all. I wish there was a way to block keywords on my steam feed.

13. ls612

ls612 Deity Moderator

You can block tags ever since the new discovery update.

14. civvver

civvver Deity

I'll have to do that.

New humble bundle is out and it looks great. Base is valhalla hills, looks kinda meh like a cartoony age of empires lite or something, but legends of eisenwald is in there too which is an rpg take on homm. Probably akin to king's bounty.

BTA has warhammer vermintide which has been compared to left 4 dead in warhammer lore. And some game called jotun which is hard to describe. It looks kind of like bastion, no idea how it plays but it looks cool.

15. Synsensa

Synsensa Deity Retired Moderator

It's worth it if only for Turmoil. $11 base price but you can get it for $6 plus a bunch of other games in the bundle.

16. Arakhor

Four DRM-free games, one of which is Jotun, which I've eyed a few times on Steam. It looks to be a reasonable bundle, especially if you buy early and get a good average price.

I'm totally not interested in Verdun, but still, £8/$10 is nothing to cry about.

17. Arakhor

The GOG Spring Sale is on! If you don't already have a complete, DRM-free version of Dragon Age: Origins, it's one of the many highlights on offer right now.

18. civvver

civvver Deity

Well Jotun is kind of dull and I probably won't even finish it. Disappointing. It has great visuals and music, but the gameplay is virtually non existant. You walk around these huge maps just to reach one mini boss and one big boss. And your character moves incredibly slow, everything feels deliberatly sluggish and it's not fun. It's sad cus it reminds me of Bastion in more ways than one, but the gameplay falls so short.

19. Arakhor

20. civvver

civvver Deity

FTL is 2.49 on steam.