Weekend Specials Online

Ok I need some more help. I have 3 tickets, but I don't know what to spend them on. Here are the possible things I could use them for:

Grand-prize thing (I would rather not seeing as my chance of winning in so slim)
TF2 sunglasses (kinda lame imo, now if it was a hat...)
Portal 2 Scuba masks (I kinda wonder if I will ever played tf2 co-op again, or at least enough for these things to be worth it)
Magicka Map (This is one of the better looking options)
MoW:AS DLC (for a friend, since I just bought it)

FUUU! Stupid touch click selected the MoW:AS DLC. Oh well.

EDIT: And I can't gift it!!!!! This kinda sucks... oh well.

So since i'm on vacation in another country and trying to buy from that other country with my laptop, it seems not to let me buy anything because my billing address and account are back home (at least I think that's the reason)... I am very angry right now. I submitted a ticket to Steam support but by the time they answer who knows what I will have missed.

They ended up giving me a special link to use during travel and fixed my problem in time (same day). More power to them I guess.

Steam Summer Sale Day Three!

Name Reg. Price Reduction USD$ EUR€ GBP£ AU USD$ Metascore
  • Half-Life complete $39.99 -75% $9.99 6,99 &#8364; £6.74 $9.99 <-- Buy this if you don't already have it.

• Half-Life 2: Episode Two $7.99 -75% $2.49 1,49 &#8364; £1.49 $1.99 90

• Hoard $9.99 -70% $2.99 2,99 &#8364; £2.09 $2.99 64

• Aliens vs. Predator $19.99 -75% $4.99 4,99 &#8364; £3.74 $9.99 68

• Plants vs. Zombies GOTY $9.99 -66% $3.39 3,39 &#8364; £2.37 $3.39 87

• Super Meat Boy $14.99 -50% $7.49 6,99 &#8364; £5.99 $7.49 88 <-- Frustration. Apparently fun too.

• Football Manager 2011 $19.99 -50% $9.99 14,99 &#8364; £9.99 $22.49 85 <-- Subi frelling loves this game.

• Darksiders $19.99 -75% $4.99 4,99 &#8364; £4.99 $4.99 83 <-- God of War wannabe, I've heard mixed feedback, though mostly it was "meh".

• Battlefield: Bad Company 2 pack $40.97 -76% $9.99 9,99 &#8364; £9.99 $9.99 87 <-- Great price for a great game!

• Battlefield: Bad Company 2 $19.99 -75% $5.00 7,50 &#8364; £5.00 $5.00 87

• Bioshock games $19.99 -75% $4.99 4,99 &#8364; £3.49 $5-13 96, 88

• Magicka $9.99 -66% $3.39 3,39 &#8364; £2.71 $3.39 74 <-- Fun! And goofy.

• Resident Evil 5 $29.99 -50% $14.99 14,99 &#8364; £9.99 $14.99 <-- Meh. Maybe if you're a res evil fan, but it didn't impress me (and I played it on the console...)

I hope Valve changes up the daily sales for the Holiday Sale, because almost all the games are the same ones that always go on sale :/

Fable III is 50% off, now $25

Terraria is 50% off, now $7.50

There's a THQ collection 83% off for just $50

Portal 2 and Just Cause 2 are both 33% off, JC2 is now $13 and Portal 2 is $34

Fabe 3 is a bad game and it should feel bad. Seriously the ending is one of the worst I've ever seen and Peter Molyneux is a lier.

All of the publisher packs I listed in my first Steam summer sale post are sitll on sale, as well as many more for pretty much every publisher on there.

I'd also hold off on buying anything not listed on a Daily Deal yet until the end of the sale in case it goes on cheaper. Portal 2 (maybe) and Just Cause 2 are probably going to get on a daily deal.

Of the ones on sale today, Plants & Zombies, and Bad Company 2 are the most highly rated on Metacritic. Probably Resident Evil 5 also.

I'm going for BC2 pack for $10!!!!!! W000T. I doubt I'll be able to run BC3.

Fabe 3 is a bad game and it should feel bad. Seriously the ending is one of the worst I've ever seen and Peter Molyneux is a lier.

All of the publisher packs I listed in my first Steam summer sale post are sitll on sale, as well as many more for pretty much every publisher on there.

I'd also hold off on buying anything not listed on a Daily Deal yet until the end of the sale in case it goes on cheaper. Portal 2 (maybe) and Just Cause 2 are probably going to get on a daily deal.

I thought Just Cause 2's Daily Deal was yesterday.

Terraria is 25% off not 50%.

I thought Just Cause 2's Daily Deal was yesterday.

It was, but I suspect the last day of the sale will see them bring (some) Daily Deals back if you missed them.

I looked at two games for today's deals. I thought of buying the Magicka Complete package but I been asked by someone that whenever a four pack game goes cheap that I should buy one of them. Magicka has a four pack deal but another game I saw was Hoard, which is cheaper, and doesn't have any add-ons. I don't want to spend too much money, limiting to one deal a day if I find one interesting, so I thought i could get either the Magicka Complete for myself or the Hoard four deal. I know Magicka has a four deal which costs more but the add-ons are sold seperately. Or I could just leave both of them and wait for the next deals.

I have to say, I was really miffed for a while after I picked up both the Borderlands deal and the BC2 deal. The deals included the DLC's that I couldn't readily spot in my library view in Steam. I thought I got ripped off and only had the core games.

Just now I realized that right-clicking the properties option shows you the DLC tab. What a relief :)

Magicka probably has more play value than Hoard. Hoard doesn't look like much more than a small game. I think Till has it.

Steam Summer Sale Day 3

We have a few good sales today, and some really awful games on sale too.
  • Defense Grid: The Awakening $9.99 -75% $2.49 2,24 &#8364; £1.74 $2.49 <-- Tower defense game, if you're into that sort of thing.

• Two Worlds II $49.99 -66% $17.00 $17.00 13,60 &#8364; £8.50 $17.00 <-- Apparently a pretty decent RPG, showing that a developer can improve upon a bad game.

• Men of War Assault Squad $34.99 -75% $8.74 7,49 &#8364; £6.24 $8.74 <-- Excellent highly tactical RTS. Although I think its more multiplayer focusesed than its forbears.

• Sniper Ghost Warrior $19.99 -75% $4.99 7,49 &#8364; £4.99 $4.99

• Dragon Age II $59.99 -40% $35.99 29,99 &#8364; <-- Its not as bad of a game as a lot of people rant about, but its not any better than Origins either. I'd probably wait for the Holiday sale in December.

• Torchlight $14.99 -80% $2.99 2,99 &#8364; £2.59 $2.99 <-- Loot whore game, not a lot too it.

• Tropico 3 + franchise (other Tropico stuff on Steam) $14.99 -75% $3.74 &#8364; £ $3.74 <-- Pretty good Caribbean Island dictator series, good luck El Presidente!

• Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $39.99 -50% $19.99 &#8364; £ $19.99 <-- Apparently good, but frell Ubisoft and their stupid UPlay DRM scheme. Boycotted.

• Arma II $39.99 -50% $19.99 &#8364; £ $19.99 <-- Excellent milsim but apparently has little public action, you need to find a group to play with. If in doubt, there is a free version available from the developer's website but it is not compatible with mods.
DO NOT BUY THESE AWFUL GAMES: Transformers: War for Cybertron, Kane and Lynch 2: Dog Days.

Also not recommended is Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 because afaik the multiplayer is mostly populated by hackers, and the campaign is not worth $20.

I can't load steam to see the new sales. Curse the extreme popularity of this sale... or steam's bandwidth.

EDIT: I saw the deals but now I can't buy any of them.

Highly recommend Assault Squad. I've played it pretty consistently since it's release in February.

I'd recommend demoing some of these games as some really aren't that good. Hoard really is a kiddie game.

I did pick up Torchlight, and I'd say for a Diablo-inspired, WoW-want-to-be, version of the traditional ASCII Rogue-like dungeon crawl that it's pretty excellent, and definitely worth $3. Definitely not an RPG though, but better character development than some RPGs. Only game I demo'd today that was a must buy.

I also picked up the $1.25 Flight Control High-Def game----to earn the summer camp ticket. It was actually fun, and the misc themes weren't bad (I like the jazz theme). The control scheme is pretty interesting----draw a very fine line with mouse or track pad while managing air traffic. It is worth a soda pop, for sure.

Why does Kane and Lynch suck? I find the premise kind of disturbing: playing psychopaths and dirt balls, but I think the story presentation is probably pretty good if you want a Tarentino-style shooter/cutscene game.

I demo'd Assault Squad. All I can say is it is too much micromanagement for my tastes, and makes me wish for a Company of Heroes 2.

And I'd say don't buy Iron Grip Warlord (summer camp game). It looks very lame. There's already a free HL2 mod that does the same thing and is better, called Empires. And there's another similar game coming out in September called Nuclear Dawn. I'd also add that BF3 will be the team war game to play (for PC) in October/September, so I wouldn't waste money on Arma, MoH, etc... Just BC2 to tide over.

Kane & Lynch sucks because there isn't really anything good about it. The game has major camera control issues, bad porting, bugs, glitches, 4 hour campaign, etc etc.

Men of War has potential for more micromanagement than Company of "Heroes", but you can get away with less because you don't need to constantly click everywhere as fast as possible and is a great break from the typical APM RTS.

I tried the Empires mod for HL2 a few years ago, didn't like it at all. Iron Grip: Warlord is supposed to be really good though. However, I don't know how many people still play it and I have enough games to play as it is so I passed.

Not to hijack the thread, but Empires got a good number of patches and re-balancing over the years. Plus it got a Steam launch this year with a new patch. IMO, it's one of the few RTS/FPS hybrids that is actually fun to play as either, since the RTS tech tree is actually interesting.

Main problem is probably lack of players some days, and pretty dated graphics, despite that they did bring it up to about TF2 quality.

TF2 isn't exactly high quality, I think you mean Orange Box Source engine updates :p

Flight Control HD kind of looks neat, but I don't think I could justify spending money on for what is essentially a flash game.

Top Bottom