Weekend Specials Online

Steam Summer Sale Day 6!

Name $USD EUR€ £GBP $AUS Metascore
  • Sid Meier's Civilization V $25 25€ £15 $40 90 Or get it on Amazon.com for $16.98

• King Arthur Collection $4.50 3&#8364; £10.04 $13.40 79 <-- Pretty good total war like strategy game with a fantasy setting.

• STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl $5 2.50&#8364; £2.50 $3.74 82
  • STALKER: Call of Pripyat $3.74 3.50&#8364; £3.24 $3.74 80
  • STALKER: Clear Sky $2.50 2.50&#8364; £2 $2.50 75 <-- The STALKER series is amazing, and for this price I recommend buying all three. There are some major mods like STALKER Complete for the games that fix a lot of issues and add features.

• Need For Speed Pack $35 30&#8364; £25 $35

• Monday Night Combat $3.74 2.87&#8364; £2.50 $3.74 <-- Meh, try the demo first.

• Wings of Prey $4.50 3.75&#8364; £3 $4.50 78

• Guild Wars Trilogy $15 15&#8364; £12.50 $15 89 <-- Excellent MMORPG (and I hate mmos), NO SUBSCRIPTION FEE although Guild Wars 2 is coming out next year.

• AI War: Fleet Command $3 2.09&#8364; £1.79 $3 80 <-- This is supposed to be an amazing game.

• Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare $10 12.50&#8364; £10 $25 <-- The last decent Call of Duty game.

• Beat Hazard $2.50 1.74&#8364; £1.74 $2.50 70 <-- MAY CAUSE SEIZURES (I am NOT joking).

• Monkey Island: Special Edition Bundle $7.50 7.50&#8364; £5.24 $7.50 87 <-- Why don't you already own this?

• Deus Ex: GOTY $2.49 <-- Top notch classic game, its 1 cent cheaper to buy them both separately over the pack.
  • Deus Ex: Invisible War $2.49

Which of the STALKER games should I get if I can only get one?

Only one? Its only $11.22 for all of them. That's less than going to see a movie, and MUCH better value!

Anyway, turns out the price I listed above for Call of Pripyat is the loyalty price, meaning you have to buy (or register with Steam) one of the other two games first before you can get it, otherwise it is $7.49.

I recommend just buying them all :p However, Call of Pripyat is the best (mostly because its the 3rd one so they had learned from mistakes in the first two and its also much more stable with very few bugs). The first one, Shadow of Chernobyl is really good too. Clear Sky is the least popular of the 3 but is still a good game, but you can always pick it up when it goes on sale at (USA) Thanksgiving :p

So go with Shadow of Chernobyl if you really can only get one, as the other two WILL go on sale again (most of the games on the daily sales are the same ones that always go on daily sales).

Only one? Its only $11.22 for all of them. That's less than going to see a movie, and MUCH better value!

Haha, the pic that posted earlier sums up my reaction though

Spoiler :

Still a few more days of sales and I don't want to blow my wad too early :p

I should have brought warband but those steam archivements would have been the end of me

I should have brought warband but those steam archivements would have been the end of me

&#3232;_&#3232;

Hopefully it will be in the round up sale at the end, though it is still on sale (just not super cheap) and still worth even full price.

&#3232;_&#3232;

Hopefully it will be in the round up sale at the end, though it is still on sale (just not super cheap) and still worth even full price.

How do the round up sales typically work? Is it all the summer daily deals offered on a single day?

Valve complete pack for £25, if i read correctly. And that includes ALL valve games.. even Portal 2. Just a phenomenal price. (Of course, I've already got nearly all of their games anyway)

Nothing really interesting (to me) for the Steam sale today outside of stuff I already have. For those of you who don't have Batman:AA and are into action games... get it now!

Anyone have opinions on King's Bounty? The entire pack is $6.99. Any good?

I thought today's sale was good. I got both L4D's and I'm reeeeally torn up about whether or not I should splurge on the GTA4 complete pack thing.

I might buy B:AA. I've already beaten once, but I don't have my xbox any more and I had a blast with that game.

Nothing really interesting (to me) for the Steam sale today outside of stuff I already have. For those of you who don't have Batman:AA and are into action games... get it now!

Anyone have opinions on King's Bounty? The entire pack is $6.99. Any good?

It's similar to HoMM, except you control a single hero and don't have any of that empire building stuff. Instead, the main focus of the game is on combat and the combat engine, with RPG elements to how the army is built and with the spell casting system. Personally I like it more than the HoMM series, and $7 is a very good deal for all of it.

The Legend also has a demo you can try out, Steam doesn't have it but you can look it up on google.

Top Bottom