1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Weekend Specials Online

Discussion in 'All Other Games' started by GoodGame, Mar 14, 2009.

1. The_Tyrant

The_Tyrant Values Guardian

It's Ubisoft week at Gamersgate. Today's sale is 75% off RUSE.

2. mechaerik

mechaerik Tuturuu!

It is on sale- its normally $2.99, so its a small sale, but a sale nonetheless.

3. JohnnyW

JohnnyW Gave up on this game

They have a double pack for cthulu plus some other similar retro rpg. The bundle costs the same as the regular game.

4. CyberTyrant

CyberTyrant Emperor

Yeah, it is. My bad.

5. MobBoss

MobBoss Off-Topic Overlord

I beta tested this. Kind of an interesting game, but can often end up being a 'rock, paper, scissors' kind of thing. If you guess wrong on what your opponent is building its going to be a quick game - or even if you guess right, but place your counter wrong, its over.

For example, if your opponent plays a nation that can build fighters/bombers (or paratroopers) fairly quick, your main counter is to go AAA early. However, even if you crank out a good number of AAA guns fast, you may not be able to protect early expansion bases as those units may not be able to drive over to cover that base in time. Also, its easy to over-produce AAA units to counter air then you fall prey to a quick inf/armored car assault, etc.

Typical RTS fare, but done in an interesting way. The 'ruse' factor is kind of interesting, although only a few of them seem to get used in practicality (quicker movement/hiding units and bases/revealing units and bases seem to be the bread and butter here). If you do play this game, of paramount importance is your ability to see hidden units, so units with a 'scout' feature (some inf and armored cars, or spotter planes) are of extreme importance if you want to do well.

6. Maniacal

Maniacal the green Napoleon

GamersGate has a sale on Rome & Medieval 2 Total War.

Medieval 2: Total War Gold is 87% off for $3.98.
    http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-M2TW/medieval-2-total-war-gold-edition

Rome: Total War Gold (includes Barbarian Invasion expansion) is 60% off for $3.98.
    http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-ROMETW/rome-total-war-gold-edition

Rome: Total War Complete (includes the Alexander expansion as well as Barbarian Invasion, its not really needed for any mods and IMO not a very good expansion) is 60% off for $5.98.
    http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-ROMETWC/rome-total-war-complete-bundle

7. Maniacal

Its the Summer Sale on GamersGate this week!
    http://www.gamersgate.com/games?q=paradoxweek

On all Paradox published titles. Everything is 50% off.

The usual Paradox games are of course included, including the expansions (so now is a great time to pick up Heir to the Throne and Divine Wind if you have not gotten them for EUIII already), Mount&Blade, Sword of the Stars, Magicka, and numerous other titles.

8. remake20

remake20 :)

Batman: Arkham Asylum: GotY is on mid-week madness (steam) for $7.50. I had a blast with that game and I would highly recommend it.

9. CyberTyrant

CyberTyrant Emperor

Pretty much the same Paradox deals on Impulse right now.

I no longer shop through them, though. I'm waiting for my free copy of Fallen Enchantress (assuming SD only deliver through Impulse) then it's good riddance.

10. cardgame

cardgame Obsessively Opposed to the Typical

Bluh, I played the Fire and Sword demo and I just don't like it at all, much rather play Sword of Damocles for Warband :)

11. Say_my_name

Say_my_name Warlord

http://www.humblebundle.com/

Humble Bundle 3 is a pay what you want deal. You get 5 indie games (VVVVVVVVVV, Cogs, Crayon Physics Deluxe, Hammerfight, And Yet it Moves) and can decide on how much of your money goes to the developers or a charity.

The games can also be activated on steam.

Edit: Also you get to play Minecraft for free until the 14th if you buy the bundle! What a deal!

12. Thoughtful Thug

Thoughtful Thug Deity

I bought it. Gave it to my girlfriend's kid. His favorite was Trine from the other bundle pack.

13. Maniacal

Yes we know, we've already had a thread on the HIB.

14. PhroX

PhroX Deity

Vampire: Bloodlines is 75% off (£3.74 in the UK) on Steam. On the off chance anyone doesn't have it, get it now. Even with the various unofficial patches, it's still flawed and occasionally buggy, but despite that it's one of the best RPGs ever made.

15. Maniacal

Its also been available on Good Old Games for at least a year iirc.

16. Say_my_name

Say_my_name Warlord

Nope. Only Redemption, the predecessor, is on gog.

17. GoodGame

GoodGame Red, White, & Blue, baby!

Free DinoD-Day demo for the weekend. Takes about 15 minutes to download. Question: Is it anywhere as good as Day of Defeat?

18. Maniacal

It isn't that hard to make a game better than DoD (Source anyway) :p So probably. I haven't tried it yet though because it takes longer than 15 minutes to download for some of us.

EDIT: A couple of people I know who have it liked it.

19. mechaerik

mechaerik Tuturuu!

Metacritic says no. 53% critic, 3.6 user for Dino D Day vs. 80% critic, 9.2 user for Day of Defeat Source. Non-Source DoD is at 79% critic, 9.6 user.

Although if it only takes 15 minutes, then by all means, try it. Might like it.

20. GoodGame

GoodGame Red, White, & Blue, baby!

I have now tried it, and in my humble opinion, they have successfully made a WW2 shooter that is worse than Day of Defeat.