1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Weekend Specials Online

Discussion in 'All Other Games' started by GoodGame, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Say_my_name

Say_my_name Warlord

RCT 1 and 2 are both great. The biggest disadvantage of 2 is that it's not on GOG (yet).

2. mechaerik

mechaerik Tuturuu!

Pride of Nations, Paradox/AGEOD game, is 50% on steam until the 17th to celebrate the release of some ACW DLC.

3. GoodGame

GoodGame Red, White, & Blue, baby!

So from Friday through Sunday, 4pm (EST) through 1am, look out for an enemy player COURIER_WG WG=wargaming net.
    Screenshot him being killed and get 250 gold.

EDIT: Yeah, kewl story. Sorry wrong thread.

4. Maniacal

Maniacal the green Napoleon

Cool story GoodGame, but wrong thread maybe? I have no idea what game you're talking about or how its a sale.

5. PieceOfMind

PieceOfMind Drill IV Defender Retired Moderator

World of Tanks, I think.

6. Maniacal

7. Luckymoose

Luckymoose The World is Mine

Tropico 3 + Absolute Power is only 6 bucks on Steam right now. I just bought it and I hope it is worth my time.

8. Maniacal

I thought I had posted that already.

Apparently not, derp.

EDIT: At Get Games Go they have Red Orchestra on sale for $2 (activates on Steam, check the e-mail for the cd key). However, they ran out of keys so I don't know if the sale will still keep going or not, but if so its completely worth getting (plus then you can get the 20% discount on RO2 pre-order which saves you up to $8).
    http://www.getgamesgo.com/product/red-orchestra

9. Maniacal

Week Three of the GamersGate Summer Sale

Metro 2033 is 75% off for $4.99 (I've said it before in greater detail, but to summarize its one of the best linear (really its only major flaw) I have ever played).

Tropico 3 Gold Edition is on for $12.48 and is an excellent Caribbean island El Presidente city building game. Tonnes of fun :D

Same and Max The Devil's Playhouse is 60% off for $13.98 and is an excellent point and click adventure game that apparently also has some action too (so its a bit more exciting than the standard P&C).

There is also Sam and Max Beyond Time and Space which is 60% off for $11.98.

Same and Max Save the World is also on for the same price.

All of the Sam & Max packs contain several episodes and the Windows and Mac versions.

X-Superbox containing all of the X games (space sim with a well developed economy) is 50% off for $20.00.

Or you can just pick up the last release in the series, Terran Conflict for $7.48 (50% off).

Hearts of Iron 3 (no expansions) is also 75% off for $4.99.

Tales of Monkey Island is 60% off for $13.98, a continuation of the classic P&C series.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky is 50% off for $4.98. Totally worth getting if you're a fan of the STALKER series and have yet to pick it up.

Saints Row 2 is 75% off for $3.74 and is a complete steal at this price. The game is hilarious, fun, and gets even more hilarious in co-op.

Imperium Romanum Gold is $5.00 and the sequel Grand Ages: Rome Gold is $9.98. They are both fun Roman city building games.

10. Maniacal

The Witcher 2 is 40% off for $29.99 at GoG.com, DRM free and if you don't mind not having the extra stuff in physical form.

11. remake20

remake20 :)

You were saying.

12. Rub'Rum

Rub'Rum Hates acronyms

13. Sonereal

Sonereal ♫We got the guillotine♫ Supporter

Quoting since he's right, I paid full price for this game and I can honestly say I got my money's worth. That's not something you can say for a lot of $49.99 games that come out these days. SR2 doesn't suffer from sequel problems a lot of "GTA-clones" end up doing such as the Destroy All Human series did. For $3.74, you're getting dozens of hours of wide-open sandbox.

14. Maniacal

Also on GamersGate, Killing Floor (a co-op (usually 6-8 players, depending on the server) zombie/monster survival shooter) is 75% off for $3.74. Its made by Tripwire (Red Orchestra devs) and is a great game, lots of fun! I highly recommend it.

15. Tacit_Exit

Tacit_Exit King

Sims 2 and 3 half price on Origin atm; not sure when it started/ends.

Thinking of buying one, never having played a Sims game, any advice?

Edit:Actually nearly everything is half price at Origin atm; began Aug 22.

16. Maniacal

Some Week 4 sales on GamersGate include (but are not limited to):

Just Cause 2 75% off for $4.99. There really is no excuse to not having bought it yet, even if you haven't upgraded to Windows 7 yet it is a steal at this price. The game is pretty bloody fun and controls are pretty good, the optimization shines too. Its a beautiful game, I honestly wish it was possible to have a picnic in it so I could do more than stand around looking manly (or hanging off of various objects with the grappling hook) for screenshots.

Civilization 5 is also on sale, but not the DLC, for $16.

17. Maniacal

Borderlands GOTY is $7.49 on Steam. Each DLC is also $2.49 (75% off) if you already have Borderlands but none of the DLCs.

18. carmen510

carmen510 Deity

19. GoodGame

GoodGame Red, White, & Blue, baby!

20. MobBoss

MobBoss Off-Topic Overlord