Weekend Specials Online

All gog.com releases are ready to play out of the box. They are either modified to run on modern systems or come with a custom-built dosbox to play them. There's usually no need to tinker with the game/dosbox settings yourself.

All gog.com releases are ready to play out of the box. They are either modified to run on modern systems or come with a custom-built dosbox to play them. There's usually no need to tinker with the game/dosbox settings yourself.

You actually have to read the fine print on the page. Occasionally they can't manage to support all OSes. Dungeon Keeper 2 is one that they couldn't get to work on Windows 7.

DK2 is a special case, they have no access to the source code so it's hard to properly fix the game. That, and the compatibility issues with Windows 7 are pretty random, a lot of people can' run the game on Windows 7 at all, while I know someone personally who had no problems with it.

Still not a bad idea to check the forums for games that were originally released for Windows systems, those can be iffy sometimes. I never had a problem with any GOG game so far though.

Also, all Digital Factory games are 50% off on GOG. This includes the Commandos Series and some other games that I never heard of before.

I am glad I still have my WinXP Disc and it does still work, but still, sad to see games not live on well :(

Also I like tequila

Eat a worm for me! :)

Civilization V is 75% off on Steam, now only $12.50 ($15 for Digital Deluxe Version)

There is a 5 day Paradox event sale on Steam this week. Today's sale is on Cities in Motion but the Paradox Complete Pack is also only $99 (and full price is $767.63). All other Paradox Games seem to be 50% off too, including the Hearts of Iron, EUIII, etc but also Mount&Blade: Warband (which you should have already bought, but if you haven't yet DO IT), the horror adventure Penumbra, Rise of Nations, Magicka, Knights of Honor, King Arthur the Role Playing Wargame (total war like game that is fun), and one of my favourite games ever Sword of the Stars: Complete for only $9.99! (Although SotS2 is coming out next month).

Today's deal is the recently released Sengoku for $23.99 USD. I'm rather tempted to get it, I wish I wasn't saving my money for important crap like rent and food.
Save up for CK II, which is going to be awesome.
Sengoku seems too simple to me, it seems your main goal every time is to unite Japan. How many times would I want to do that?

There is also a weekend sale on various Star Wars titles including the excellent Knights of the Old Republic game, Jedi Academy and more. Also Portal 1 is apparently free for an unknown period of time.

There is also a weekend sale on various Star Wars titles including the excellent Knights of the Old Republic game, Jedi Academy and more. Also Portal 1 is apparently free for an unknown period of time.

Till 20th September 2011

Is any of the Star Wars worth getting? Except for Republican Commando, I've not liked any of the demos in the past, and quite of few of those game belong on GOG.com.

Top Bottom