1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Weekend Specials Online

Discussion in 'All Other Games' started by GoodGame, Mar 14, 2009.

1. CyberTyrant

CyberTyrant Emperor

Shogun 2 is 75% off today. :eek: Getting it!

2. Maniacal

Maniacal the green Napoleon

Enjoy the 21 gigabyte download!

Interesting sales today, some indie title named Xotic that I have never heard of.
    All the Total War games are 75% off.
    The Left 4 Dead games are dirt cheap.
    Mafia 1 & 2 are really cheap and are both good games.
    The excellent Men of War tactical RTS games are 75% off too.
    I am sort of surprised to see Sword of the Stars 2 is half off, because it was an unfinished release although they have been patching it constantly.
    The various Quake games are also on sale.

Dungeon "Siege" 3 isn't worth the money, the demo was terribly dull and from what I've heard the full game isn't any better.

3. Maniacal

Today's Daily Steam Speicals:

The badly ported GTA games.

Chronicles of Riddick is a fairly interesting and gritty FPS although the difficulty spikes sometimes $4.99

Command & Conquer games 75% off

Spacechem, an indie puzzle game is $2.49

Universe Sandbox is $2.49

All Civ5 stuff is 66% off.

Super Meat Boy which was designed for an xbox controller and can be extremely frustrating but rewarding if you stick through it.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution is 66% off for $16.99

Fallout: New Vegas is 75% off for $4.99

4. Rulle_Kebab

Rulle_Kebab Warlord

Good time to get all those DLCs for CiV I guess :)
    Look out for the bundle of Korea and Ancient Wonders to save a little extra!

5. Kan' Sharuminar

Kan' Sharuminar Fluffy

I've never had a problem with the PC GTA games - my only dislike is the Windows Live thing, which I find weird when I got it on Steam. Super Meat Boy works perfectly with my crappy gamer controller.

Deus Ex for a tenner is absolutely worth it. Civ5 for £7...ehhhhh.

6. Rub'Rum

Rub'Rum Hates acronyms

Yeah my GTA IV works fine. It was horrible when it first came out I think, now it works perfectly. I think Civ 5 is worth it. I like it. Sometimes I play 4, sometimes I play 5.

7. PieceOfMind

PieceOfMind Drill IV Defender Retired Moderator

Try the demo for SpaceChem and then buy it if you enjoy! $2.50 today is pretty good.

It's my favourite indie game of all time and can't recommend it highly enough. Never has a game made me think harder.

Glorified flash game ftw. :p

8. Ai Shizuka

Ai Shizuka King

I think I'm missing something about the GTA sale on Steam.

Complete package: GTA, GTA 2, GTA 3, San Andreas, Vice City, GTA IV and episodes from Liberty City.
    Price: 7.49

GTA IV complete edition: GTA IV and episodes from Liberty City.
    Price: 8.74

Why should I pay more for less games? Where's the catch?

9. PieceOfMind

PieceOfMind Drill IV Defender Retired Moderator

I see GTA Complete for $12.49 and GTA IV Complete for $9.99 on the US Steam Store.
    On my local store, it's $17.49 for Complete and $9.99 for GTA IV Complete.

If you're see 7.49 and you're interested in buying the game, go ahead. Valve are generally good at honoring sales for prices that are miscalculated.

EDIT...
    If it helps, here's what my price comparison script spits out:
    Spoiler :

So I guess you're in EU tier 2 and you're in luck as far as the price goes!

10. GoodGame

GoodGame Red, White, & Blue, baby!

11. Rub'Rum

Rub'Rum Hates acronyms

Finally a decent sale on a newish game (PC version), like the good old days. Ubisoft should hang their heads in shame with the weak 50 % off Heroes of Might and Magic VI. Same with the Dead Island dudes. It's a 24 hours deal, make it special please.

12. Maniacal

Good deals today on Magicka which is 75% off for $2.49.

The Hitman games are also 75% off.

Hoard is $2.49

L.A. Noire is 75% off for only $12.49! Should be a good price. Also by his own admission Yahtzee is not a real reviewer.

50-75% off of Heroes of Might & Magic games. Including the RPG Dark Messiah which is the only game to have melee combat that rivals Mount&Blade (even if the rest of the game is average or so).

75% off the Bit.Trip games.

13. jmas

jmas I Can Has Imperium?

Anyone have an opinion to share about the Paradox Interactive "complete pack" on sale on Steam for $74.99?

I haven't tried Paradox's games at all yet--might try a demo--but wow, I'm impressed by the deal: 101 items, including such acclaimed games as Europa Universalis 3, Hearts of Iron 3, Magicka, Mount & Blade, Victoria 2, Sword of the Stars, and more.

When there was a sale like this on Steam a year ago, some people posted on the Paradox forums that they preferred to buy their Paradox games through GamersGate which apparently allows easier patching and modding.

I honestly am not sure whether I'll be able to spend enough time gaming to enjoy all these games properly. But for the price, if the games are really good I might be willing to take the chance.

So, anyone have a strong opinion? Anyone gone ahead and bought the complete pack? Any contrarians who want to say "heck no, only buy on GamersGate"?

14. cardgame

cardgame Obsessively Opposed to the Typical

Modding is certainly easier without Steam, but I don't think it's a huge difference for most games. I'd go for it, but you may want to try a demo or two first to prevent regret.

15. Rub'Rum

Rub'Rum Hates acronyms

I think there are problems with people on Steam trying to play online with people who don't have the Steam version of their games too. Someone confirm this?

16. remake20

remake20 :)

Most of the time, modding isn't an issue. I haven't had any issues with it; and those who do usually say there's just a few extra steps to get it to work.

17. Luckymoose

Luckymoose The World is Mine

I play Paradox games through Steam and have no issues with patching, modding or checksums. It is all a select few people in the community that screw up their copies.

18. Maniacal

There should be no issues with modding EUIII, HoI3, Vicky 2 (and their future games) and Mount&Blade since those games all use mod foldering and you select the mod you want to play (if any) when you start the game.

Patches are automatic with Steam unless you select otherwise, which for some people is a drawback if a patch isn't save game compatible. Although most, if not all, of Pdox's games on Steam right now probably won't have more than one or two (if any at all) future patches so it is a non-issue now.

On GamersGate though you do get 5% of your purchases back in Blue Coins and GamersGate was founded by and split off from Paradox. However, GamersGate doesn't have a complete pack and the one on Steam is the better deal. I say go for it!

EDIT: I got a free copy of Portal, who the hell doesn't have Portal yet?
    I also crafted my coal since I figured it was unlikely I'd win with any of it anyway and got a 33% and 50% off Valve coupons, WTF IS THIS CRAP?

Game: Portal 1 sold

Coupons:
    -25, 33 & 50% off Valve titles
    -10% off 2K titles
    -75% off Risen
    -50% off EDGE
    -50% off Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
    -50% off Bit.Trip.Beat
    -50% off Garshasp: The Monster Slayer

I'm willing to trade for almost anything as i am not going to use any of these.

19. FriendlyFire

FriendlyFire Codex WMDicanious

*($&*&%$ steam, they can *&*$& off with there achivements and shove it up there ass

(Just played supermeat boy Xmas challange - The great Steam Gift Pile RAPED me in the and give me coal)

20. CyberTyrant

CyberTyrant Emperor

I crafted coal three times for three lousy coupons.

Anyways, I'm just glad it's over. My poor wallet and my marriage can't take anymore of these awesome deals. :whew: