Wehrmachtsgespann WW2 - Motorcycle

Refar

Deity
Motorcycle ( <<< Link )

Davidlalen idea/request for Fury Road (he actually asked for the punk variant...)
Asioasioasio helped with parts of the Bike model.
Texture on the Bike is mine, wheels form a model by Lemonsong.
The Biker is Civ4 Antitank dude.
The Punk is made by Chugginator.
Animations i made from scratch.

awesome stuff!

If someone make me indy and his father i will put them on the bike.

Amazing - Five star job.
Thank you for your hard work especially since i know how hard is animating

Smacks of "RECON" unit.... even more modern replacement for Explorer?!?! Another 33 flavor units of this guy and we're in business...

Thanks everyone.

I was thinking along the lines of additional german UU - same stats like infantry but faster. And of course WW2 scenarios.

On the subject of 33 more flavour units - That's what teamcolor is for in my book...
Still, i can put a couple of other guys on it more or less easily now, so if someone provides/points me to something cool (like the before-mentioned Indy+Henry), it might happen. I wont however do any skinning myself. I hate messing with textures, really :vomit:.

I was thinking along the lines of additional german UU - same stats like infantry but faster.
Nah... historically the Germans NEVER used motorcycle troops as "regular infantry but faster". They were used primarily for recon and courier duty... not as front-line troops.

It just wouldn't sit right to see motorcycle troops attacking or guarding cities... that's just not what they were used for.

Nah... historically the Germans NEVER used motorcycle troops as "regular infantry but faster". They were used primarily for recon and courier duty... not as front-line troops.

It just wouldn't sit right to see motorcycle troops attacking or guarding cities... that's just not what they were used for.

Along these lines, I would also point out that a motorcycle is an incredibly small unit in terms of grand strategy. A single infantry unit in Civ represents a regiment at least, and usually a division or more (that's 10,000+ men). It's a nice unit for graphic flavor, but I wouldn't want a separate motorcycle "division" in a mod, unless it was a small scenario like the Mad Max one being developed. Perhaps it would work as a modern explorer, but like Wolfshanze I really can't see it engaging in combat.

Still a very nice unit though. I second the request for an Indy version. :)

Let's not start naming CivIV units that were NEVER used as what they are in the game.
And yes a infantry unit represents lots of soldiers. Neither is a Jet fighter or Tank - or motorcycle - representation for a single plane or vehicle.

Motorcycle troops were used to support and enhance infantry (among others) as versatile fast response units and were deployed in relatively high numbers, which to me justifies they use as boosted unique infantry.

You are of course free to use it - or not to use it - in the way you like to.

Along these lines, I would also point out that a motorcycle is an incredibly small unit in terms of grand strategy. A single infantry unit in Civ represents a regiment at least, and usually a division or more (that's 10,000+ men).

Put tank in worldbuilder and check how many soldiers it have in demographics ;) You'll stop talking about regiments in civ than ;)

In 1939 it'll be recon unit for germany and axis, with extra range - it can spy enemy land and return to home city (with certain recon promotions) and enough vulnerable to be not used as armored car or tank.

For allies i use Jeep

Put tank in worldbuilder and check how many soldiers it have in demographics ;) You'll stop talking about regiments in civ than ;)

In 1939 it'll be recon unit for germany and axis, with extra range - it can spy enemy land and return to home city (with certain recon promotions) and enough vulnerable to be not used as armored car or tank.

For allies i use Jeep

The demographics screen means nothing, especially considering you can actually have "more" soldiers than people in your whole empire! :lol: I don't even know where those values are coded, to be honest. I never saw them in XML anywhere. But they should be tweaked because one size does not fit all when it comes to scenarios. ;)

Like I said, there's nothing wrong with having a motorcycle graphic, and I really do like Refar's work, but in the context of normal Civ 4 (or WW2 scenarios), where huge armies are involved, things need to be streamlined. An artillery or armored car brigade is one thing, since presently there's no way to create division attachments; but a "jeep" or "motorcycle" brigade is quite another! ;)

Motorcycle troops were used to support and enhance infantry (among others) as versatile fast response units and were deployed in relatively high numbers, which to me justifies they use as boosted unique infantry.
I have to COMPLETELY disagree with this assessment... other then an oddball situation, motorcycles just weren't formed into large units and weren't used as front-line combat troops. Simple as that.

As already said - i don't care. (And actually that was my previous assessment as well.)

Top Bottom