Weird AI again?

gozpel

Couch-potato (fortified)
Playing as Poundmaker on deity, I settled on a lux and did my normal scout slinger start. Warrior went north and found a good location for a second city, I min-max my city to grow to 2 when slinger was out and starting a settler. Warrior scouts a little west and found a CS, I'm not first!

So he wanders east and there is Eleonor of the French, I send delegation and sell my lux. Soon after I have my nice city up there, it has a 2-tile vantage point against her with a lake, then I build a couple of warrior. Sure enough, on turn 26 she attacks me, but 2 warriors fortified on forest hills can survive a lot.

Build a total of 5 archers and 4 warriors in the beginning, while still expanding. Killed more than 30 of her units and lost 2, me asking for peace every second turn. She says no, only to continue the war, I'm not paying 14 gpt for peace. Got 2 4-promo archers in all.

Then the breakthrough, I managed to kill 2 of her CB's with sacrificial horsemen and archers, it turned the tide.

Meanwhile I settled 5 great cities while warring, she accepted peace and paid just a little bit. Turn 72!!!
Btw, I chopped out settlers and bought builders.

On turn 73 she offered friendship?????

I have never seen this before, usually it is me that have to ask, but not this time. I think that my second awesome city close to her made her love me?

Won around turn 285 on science, but I lost 50 turns of better production than fighting a war I didn't want.

AI is just as crazy as ever...:)

Need more weird AI to make this game more fun and unpredictable.

Top Bottom