Weird ALLIED report bug

Ormsk1963

Chieftain
A very strange bug

I (Germans) starved a city that had the Great Library. When completely starved, I built a settler to make the city disappear..

I then took over a Roman city that gave me ‘The Republic’. When my turn ended, a message popped up advising that the barbarians have acquired ‘The Republic’ from The Great Library. I pressed enter to dismiss the dialog, but then the same dialog came on screen. Many attempts to dismiss the dialog failed. It appeared that I was in an endless loop. I tried other key combination, without success. Only when I kept my finger on the Escape key was I able to dismiss the dialog.

I was at war with the Romans, English and Egyptians. When I approached a Roman unit to attack it, the Foreign Minister advised that we had signed a Peace Treaty.

The Intelligence Report advised that I was ALLIED with the Romans and the Romans are at peace with the Romans!

I had established embassies with the English and Egyptians, but now no longer??

Also, I had no embassy established with the Romans, but now I have.

Some kind of memory bit-shift?

Bug.png

Files attached

*** UPDATE ***

Other bugs that have occurred in the same game, just a few turns later:

1. The Science bar has gone back to being very small
2, run-time error R6003 - integer divide by 0

The error crashed the program

Attachments

• CIVIL1.SVE
    37 KB · Views: 166
  • CIVIL1.MAP
    13.8 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:
You can find some info here https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/great-library-destruction.65669/

Destruction of Great Library is well known for random bugs. Destroyed wonders are red and belong to Barbarians. It seems when Barbarians get some tech the game tries to write some data in wrong places in RAM. But at least there's a special memory area in save file for Barbarians techs (if JCivED user interface is correct, of course), so why not in RAM? Maybe it's not so simple. So I'm not sure what exactly happens and why.

I remember once after Great Library destruction in one of my games all civs got some random techs (including '1', '2', '3', '4'), and research speed increased tremendously for every civ. Also barbarians diplomatic messages or peace status with them, don't remember for sure.

Top Bottom