Weird bug. Early victory.

OK, I've been playing Civ IV for 4 months or so, off and on. Today I started a game as usual. I placed my city on the first turn, moved my warrior around, popped 2 goody huts, and attacked and killed a bear. The very next turn after killing the bear, I 'WON A CONQUEST VICTORY'. wtf?

It wouldn't bother me, but the stupid thing is now my highest score. (yeah, I know, I suck). I want my highest score to be my REAL highest score, not some flukey 10 turn miracle.

BTW, I had everything set to default except 'epic' versus normal, and this was on Prince on v 1.52.

can it be that the barbs killed all the other civs?
That can explain why You got a win that way!

Raisin Bran said:
can it be that the barbs killed all the other civs?
That can explain why You got a win that way!

That was my only thought, bears/lions/etc don't attack cities, and barbs never show up that early. The only thing I can think is that somehow the game made me the only player, where it usually creates 7 players. I was the only one in any of the score lists at the end.

OK, here's how you can fix the high score list: find the Replay file for this game (in the game's "Replays" folder in case you don't know) and delete it. Job done! :goodjob:

AI civs do not always place their cities at the initial position, they migth have encountered lions with their settler while searching a good spot.
look at the HoF, the highest conquest score game ends around 3500BC, i really wondered how the guy did it, i guess your game was the same kind.

The reverse of your problem, experienced by moi, was having my initial settler whacked by a bear while on a short reconoiter up near a river, (looking for some flood plains). Shortest game ever!

Top Bottom