Weird - can't build Cavalry or found Sid's Sushi

Badtz Maru

King
I'm currently playing a game where I cannot build Cavalry or found Sid's Sushi, and I do not know why. I could build Knights, and I thought at first it was because I had skipped Hunting clear up until the Industrial age, and that it was some kind of hidden prerequisite for Cavalry, but I eventually researched it and Archery and I still couldn't build any mounted units better than Knights. I can build Riflemen, Cannon, friggin DESTROYERS, and I know I have all the prerequisite techs, but I can't build Cavalry (or Cuirassiers, for that matter). Then, I finally got Medicine and went to found Sid's Sushi, and it wouldn't give me the option. Checked, it has not been founded yet, I have Corporation and Medicine and a Great Merchant, no Sushi.

It's like the game deliberately disabled two of my favorite tools of the latter part of the game.

I've attached the save, in case anyone else wants to look at it.

EDITED TO ADD:

Nevermind, folks. I could have sworn I already had Military Tradition, but I apparently do not, nor do I have corporation.

As for sushi, you might want to check if you are running the State Property Civic. Switch to something else and the option will be available.

Top Bottom