Weird graphics bug with my mod

Cruiser76

Warlord
Hello, I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction with a bug in my personal mod. In the main screen, during game play, the tech chooser at the top is using the Code of Laws tech icon for the Philosophy tech icon.

It appears correctly everywhere else. I have not modified any of the existing tech art files or button paths for these techs, but I have moved their tech tree placement around and changed the prereqs.

I've added and changed quite a few techs, but these are the only ones acting weird.

Thanks for any help.

Does either of these techs found a religion, or have you changed which techs found religions? The game has additional tech icons if the tech founds a religion, which are defined along with the religion, if I recall correctly. If you made changes there they might unintentionally override the actual tech button.

Does either of these techs found a religion, or have you changed which techs found religions? The game has additional tech icons if the tech founds a religion, which are defined along with the religion, if I recall correctly. If you made changes there they might unintentionally override the actual tech button.

Yeah, I did change the techs that found a religion. Philosophy founds Confucianism and Code of Laws no longer founds a religion. I moved Taoism to a new tech I created.

I just checked the religioninfo.xml file and everything with the tech prereqs looks OK. I do see that there are three button entries for each religion, do I need to change some of those?

The only thing a little different than most of my other techs is that Philosophy has two "or" techs and two "and" techs. I don't know if that could cause issues.

I'm also using the Art.FPK from Realism Invictus. I know they changed some things around with religion too.

Last edited:
Yeah, that makes sense then. Confucianism has its own tech icon that is just the Code of Laws icon with the religion icon in the corner (the game uses this to signify techs that have not been researched yet and will found the religion if you discover it). I think it's the entry in the GenericTechButton tag.

Yeah, that makes sense then. Confucianism has its own tech icon that is just the Code of Laws icon with the religion icon in the corner (the game uses this to signify techs that have not been researched yet and will found the religion if you discover it). I think it's the entry in the GenericTechButton tag.

Thank you! I will try to tinker with that.

Top Bottom