Weird late-game issue

Horizons

Needing fed again!
Hey

I know not many 'pro gamers' play into the late game but I have twice encountered an issue where I've got an info-era government (one of those ones with lots of wildcard slots) and some event triggers all the wildcard policies to be unset. This is very annoying as you can imagine, but I can't find out what the trigger is. On one occasion I've had this happen multiple turns (utterly infuriating as you can imagine), but as I often keep modern-era governments till the end game it might happen much more frequently.

lol.

Also, apropos of the late game, have FIraxis changed it? The tech tree looks different.

IIRC, the last era Tech tree shuffles every game even when not using the Tech Shuffle game mode.

I used to see Civ streamers roll starts to try to get the optimal final era Tech Tree for speed run Science victories (they somehow had a system to identify Offworld Mission on Turn 1 even when it wasn't revealed yet).

On one occasion I've had this happen multiple turns (utterly infuriating as you can imagine), but as I often keep modern-era governments till the end game it might happen much more frequently.
I play into late game regularly and haven't seen this, does it happen with all your Mods disabled?

I play into late game regularly and haven't seen this, does it happen with all your Mods disabled?

They are all disabled, indeed. I will need to replicate the issue and see what exactly triggers it. That may be difficult, I've had a string of bad starting locations recently and I've given up playing in disgust lol.

I think it's whenever you capture a wonder that gives a wildcard policy. If it's a wonder in a capital city which you can't raze, and you get lots of flipping, every time it flips you have to choose all of your wildcards again. So difficult to reproduce I don't expect it will ever be patched.

I think I know the answer, as it's something I used get quite often, and now don't.

After you accept the changes in the policy screen, and return to the main screen, you need to wait until the request to select policies clears and moves on. If you try to do anything before it clears, that's when (I think) it unselects policies.

Top Bottom