weird quest

Tephros

Caffeine Junkie
I don't know if this deserves a new thread, but oh well. I recently got this really strange quest. My galley was far from my capital on a huge archipelago map, and it prompted a quest saying that I need to establish a presence on something like 16 landmasses before industrialism to complete this quest. I wonder if this quest is specific to the vikings or to archipelago maps, and what the reward choices are. I'm sure it couldn't be done on most maps, as most maps wouldn't have 16 landmasses.

I've only gotten this quest once, and it was also on an archeapelago map. I seem to remember that the rewards weren't that great though.

I did get that on Hemispheres, and i wasn't Vikings... I think the game does a check to see, if there are enought islands...

The rewards are so-so. One option was to get a free Great Prophet, which is not bad... The other possibility was to convert some own cities to the state religion, which is not soo good... Dont remember if there was third option...

It doesn't have anything to do with the Vikings. The requirements and rewards:

Blessed Sea
Prereq: GALLEY or CARAVEL or GALLEON AND State Religion BUDDHISM or CONFUCIANISM or TAOISM AND Minimum number of Landmasses is 2*default number of players for this map size (12 for standard) AND Maximum number of Landmasses you have cities on is 0.5*default number of players for this map size (3 for standard)
Obsolete: INDUSTRIALISM
Active/Weight: 85/300
Aim:
Have cities on 1.5*default number of players for this map size (10 for standard) landmasses while never switching State Religion
Result:
1. convert 20 own cities to your state religion
2. gain a temple in every city size 5 or more
3. get one great prophet unit

a great prophet is pretty good, and it seems like the quest would be easy to complete if you were doing a domination victory... It's really nice to know the awards ahead of time. One time I got the quest to build 12 chariots, and had given them all combat I upon building them... the quest reward was that all of them are promoted to combat I, so I got no benefit except for the last chariot I built.

Top Bottom