1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Weird thing happened

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by NedRise, Jun 1, 2006.

1. NedRise

NedRise Chieftain

Sorry about this, I have been trying look this up, to no avail, so I'm asking for clues:

We were playing a multiplayer direct IP game, and out of the blue I had a green square on screen, around it showing all the tile yield info... I was pushed for time on that turn and just trying to get rid of it, so I clicked it on my main city, it then played an animation, kind of like a Sci-Fi Space-vortex-y effect, and it showed a red/orange symbol in the middle that looked a bit like a snail's shell...Does anybody here know what that could have been? :confused:

2. ChristianII

ChristianII Chieftain

An intergalactic black hole. Random event. Expect alien invasion Alá "Independence Day" in the next 3 turns or so :scan:

Seriously though, i have no idea :p

3. ULTIMATEGP

ULTIMATEGP Blitzkrieg!!!

Glitchhhhhhhhhhhh!

4. NedRise

NedRise Chieftain

Don't think it was a glitch, it happened to 2 players in that game....

5. fingerbib2000

fingerbib2000 Chieftain

hi nedrise,

this happened to me a few nights ago. I was playing multiplayer too and out of nowhere a blue square appeared, when i clicked it one of my cities, it was as if an atomic bomb or something went off (i was still in ancient times). There was the sound of electricity and shockwaves went out from my city. It didn't appear to affect anything within the city though. anyone else notice this?

6. Rex Tyrannus

Rex Tyrannus 280lbs of gross stupidity

Was that the Ping function?

7. Gorman Truart

Gorman Truart Chieftain

That was the ping function. It shouldn't affect gameplay.

8. O.H.Dog

O.H.Dog Chieftain

Right. It does not change anything, though technically it is supposed to affect game play.

Ping is there so one of your team mates can bring that square to your attention. Perhaps because of a resource or enemy activity. Of course, the button is pretty easy to accidentally hit. I jumped the first time I accidentally hit it.

The ping button is the left button at the top of the mini-map.