Welcome New Members

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by ainwood, Oct 14, 2005.

1. Farmboy77

Farmboy77 Chieftain

Hi everyone. I am Farmboy77. The Nick name comes from that fact that i live in Finland's(That Icy country somewhere outhere...)
    , Countryside, and 77 is just nothing. And Boy comes from that i am a yong male human.
    I joined CFC Member in November 2006.
    I Own Civ II,Civ III, CivIV, Civ IV:Warloards
    I am victim of Sid'Mayers Civ Series. But only a little...

I play somewhat 'little' Compaired to standarts, but i play with good old Just-one-more-turn feel.

If somebody cares to know my hobbies are:
    Computer's Activities:
    Game playing ( Civilization(2-4) , Dreamfall, Caesar IV, Gun,sid'mayers Pirates, Rome&Shogun Totalwar, soon Mediaval 2 totalwar etc...
    Using so called 'Benefit programs' such as Photoshop,Adobe premiere, Exel (2003) etc...
    Un-installing Windows (Extra-paching-required-version [XP], and all activity what comes from it. :)
    etc...
    Cooking
    Avoiding Physical Exercise

I own selfly assemblet PC. Asemblet In june 2005.
    So How Many of you are planned to Go for WindowsVista when it is finaly released in Sping 2007?
    My self have planned to wait until there is better Technology in these machines (i am figured out that Vista requires Lots of capability from Pc)
    particularly i whould want to see the day that Hardrive will be compensated
    with better solution of mass-memory.

I have to begin playing First wold war mod (i love it).
    It was left in exciting place in july 1917.
    The war is nearly won with the glorius armies of Germany.
    I love infantry based war... :goodjob:

Bye.

2. toony

toony Chieftain

Hi everyone, are you alreet as we say in newcastle, I need help with civIV Get into game for a couple of hours,blighter crashes to desktop for no reason, i was doing really well too had to go back to last save point to start again. Its not the pc its brand new lots of memory and stuff. keep saving game every few turns so i dont go all the way back.
    please help I'M ADDICTED.
    p.s great site and brill game!

3. dazbamboo

dazbamboo Chieftain

i thought id lost my civ3 cos my flat was mess bought civ4 cleaned my flat and found my old civ3ptw im not sure yet if i like it

4. dpotthoff

dpotthoff Chieftain

Hey everyone. I am new to this game. It was recommended to me by a friend after AOM and all of the AOE series finally dumbed me down. Now I am trying this "civilization" game and I am really enjoying the challenge. Very intricate strategy for this one. Hope it sticks to me.

5. s.c.dude

s.c.dude Invading N.C.

it will:mischief:

6. johncross21

johncross21 Warlord

My names John

I'm from London.

I've been playing civilisation on and off since before the pryamids were built. At least that is, since civilization I was released.

Havent played for some time so Civ IV has got me hooked and bleary eyed again

Civ IV a great version. I like the way you can avoid micromanagement if you want but obsess if you want. For example you can turn on automation of workers rather than building trade routes - its a faster game

Keen to load some mods but not sure how that works yet

Never posted to a discussion group before

What do all these smiley's do ? (please don't tell me)

John

7. ZenMonkey

ZenMonkey Chieftain

Hello,

I'm new to the whole Civilization thing; never played any of the games before. I love sim and world-building games and was looking for something new to try, so I borrowed my fiancé's PC and gave Civ IV a whirl. After playing the tutorial and part of one game, I'm very intrigued! (But rather confused.)

I'm hoping to get the game to work on my Mac but either way I'm sure you'll be hearing from me soon and often with questions. Nice to meet you.

8. Old School

Old School Chieftain

hi
    i am new to modding
    does any one know how .dds files work
    ie where to add skins so they work :eek:

zen monkey civ is way better than sim
    just don´t get behind in technology research :D

9. blu_wlf

blu_wlf Chieftain

:crazyeye: hello new here i just love civ 3 plus thanks for the mods

10. AromaTherapy

AromaTherapy Chieftain

Greets everyone. Ive been here before and used this and that, maps, etc. I forgot I registered way back when and of course forgot my login info. Anyway I enjoy the latest game, its all I play in the series. This seems sorta corny so Ill end by sayin the game is much better due to the work of contributors to this site.

11. Glenigula

Glenigula Chieftain

Just popping in to say hello. I am traditionally a Macintosh user, but my iMac won't run CivIV. My wife recently had her PC motherboard et al upgraded, so we decided to get CivIV. Both of us are fairly clueless when it comes to PCs and their workings, and so we have been kinda frustrated by the refusal of Civ IV to work correctly right out of the box.

Anyways....

I've been a Civ fanatic since Civilization I, which I played on an old Macintosh LCII. I remember the first night I played it: The after dinner news was on, and the next thing I knew, Canada A.M. was on! Since then, I've been hooked, but as I said above, this is my first experience with PCs, and getting this to run smoothly is intimidating, especially since, given my user-name, I have some marbles roaming around lost somewhere....

:king:

Cheers!

Glenn

12. nilsmcgeorge

nilsmcgeorge Chieftain

Howdy folks! Tech question: I just purchased the Vaio VGN-FE780 notebook, followed closely by CivIV. After installation I got a message saying that my machine was bellow min. requirements and that CivIV would not run on my hardware. I am disturbed by this. My computer's stats should be more than adequate. (most questionable is perhaps 128 shared video card?) Any input or advice? the game actually runs fine so far, despite the messsage (a few hours into it anyway). Thanks for any replies...

13. s.c.dude

s.c.dude Invading N.C.

must be a bug id suggest reinstalling, checking the readme, or lowering graphics

14. Thunderfall

Thunderfall Administrator Administrator Moderator

If you don't want to see the warning, you can open CivilizationIV.ini file in the folder "\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4"
    and find these two lines:

Code:
    ; Don't show minimum specification warnings
    HideMinSpecWarning = 0
    Just change 0 to 1 to hide the warning. :)

15. EvanTheFox

EvanTheFox Chieftain

Hello, I'm Evan. I've been a fan of Civilization since I first got 3. I've been coming to the site for mods and scenarios for awhile so I decided, why not become a member? ^^; That's all I guess, once again, hello.

16. s.c.dude

s.c.dude Invading N.C.

hello:D :D :) :D :D

17. heresiarch

heresiarch Chieftain

Hello! I just got into Civ recently, and Civ IV is the first Civ game I've ever played. I am totally hooked now. I am really interested in playing the GOTM--reading strategy articles is nice, but nothing beats being able to discuss what you did in this exact same situation with really experienced players.

18. Kzb

Kzb Chieftain

Hello, good site.

19. Monkeyfinger

Monkeyfinger Deity

Post to get rid of that ******** message at the top.

20. sadinchain

sadinchain Chieftain

hi....everyone. I am a new comer to this forum, however I am not new in Civ world. After some years on Civ 3, now it's really fansinating to get the Civ 4, which give a brand new feeling of my understanding of our human being...