Welcome New Members

Hi everyone. I'm new. I just kicked an addiction to another forum and hopefully I don't get addicted to this one. Just looking for a few answers.

Hi There,

I've been playing Civ3 for some time and as I prefer strategy games, it's probably my favourite.

I just bought Civ 3 Complete for the Mac - wow, what a difference in gameplay! The AI reacts much differently - and more agressively. There are quite a few new differences in the terrain (where the hell did the volcanoes come from?) and just setting up the game is more detailed.

I'm finding I'll just have to start from scratch at Chieftain level just so I don't get pummelled right off the hop like I have in Warlord or Regent. But it's like re-discovering the game all over again - I love it!

I look forward to perusing the forums here to get a few pointers and, once I get going, to trying a few mods and custom scenarios.

Be talking to ya soon,
Stephen

psh. it's time i finally post:

uh...greetings. name's Khemos, and i'm really, really new to the Civ series. (i've only been playing Civ4 for about a week o_O) so far, this is the best Civ site i have seen, and it's helped me a lot. so yeah. see you all on the forums. :D

Hey guys!

I been playing Civ for yeeears now... I only found this community in the last month and I gotta say... where the heck have you all BEEN???

I feel warm and fuzzy knowing about all the mod work that's been done, especially RFC, but other mods too.

I love your work.

It's good to be home at last!
:cry:
Wuv...

Hello to everyone from Athens,Greece.

I've played all the civ series back from early '90s and now i'm starting civIV. I've been searching he forum as a guest and now i decided to become a full member.

So happy civ to everyone

nickont

At 72 this is my first game. I read that one of my favorite authors, Steven Erickson (Malazon Book of the Fallen series) played it so I decided to give it a try. On the first game I was called Guy the Hopeless and on the second I was told that I had the leadership skills of Dan Quayle. This is not a good start for my world domination goals. Seriously I have had a hard time moving my units around. Yes I've read the manual and found Sids face on the tutorial a bit much. Still I'm as rank a beginner as can be found. I need to follow a good players moves to see how this works. Any suggestions?

I'm new here :salute: , and I'm interested in modding but don't know a lot .

The first thing i want to change is my avatar. please tell me how to do this.

Today, I've tried to do a testmod following GarretSid... advices but I'm currently in trouble with Civ4LeaderHeadsInfo.xml ( such a noob !!! ) :cry:

But, I digress so thanks for any help with the avatar

Welcome to the forums, everyone! :wavey:
drguy said:
At 72 this is my first game. I read that one of my favorite authors, Steven Erickson (Malazon Book of the Fallen series) played it so I decided to give it a try. On the first game I was called Guy the Hopeless and on the second I was told that I had the leadership skills of Dan Quayle. This is not a good start for my world domination goals. Seriously I have had a hard time moving my units around. Yes I've read the manual and found Sids face on the tutorial a bit much. Still I'm as rank a beginner as can be found. I need to follow a good players moves to see how this works. Any suggestions?
Sulla's tutorial is a good place to start: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=132711

Then check out more articles in the Civ4 War Academy: http://www.civfanatics.com/civ4/strategy/

The Succession Games forum is also a great place to see how games are played by experienced players.

snipperrabbit!! said:
The first thing i want to change is my avatar. please tell me how to do this.
You can change avatar in the Edit Avatar section of your User CP. There are lots of avatars for you to choose from there. But if you want to upload your own avatar, you would need to wait until you have been a member for 1 month and have 30+ posts. The forum rules page has more info on this and other things.

Hey guys, I been coming to this site off and on for a while and have frequented the forums, but this is my first post. Dunno how much of an active poster I'll be, but see you around!

Hello world!

I just joined the Civfanatics community to exchange some thoughts on bolstering one's skills to expand more quickly.

Cheers

Gan Ainm

Howdy. Long time listener first time caller. Although I've played Civ off and on for a long time, I've only recently taken up civ3 with a furious passion.

Kudos to all those responsible for the War Academy. I just won my first emperor level game.

hi my name is jake and i am 18 years old... The first time I played Civ 3 I was addicted! I couldnt stop playing. Then civ 4 came out and i had to get it! I've been playing since then and im still addicted lol

Hello each,
I thought I was going to be the oldest newbie until I saw drguy at 72, I,m only 67.
I've tried to play this Civ stuff cold turkey since the Civilization days and am still trying to win, and I can't put up with being compared (unfavourably) to Dan Quayle.
So for better or worse here I am.
PS: While I'm here how do we sort out this religion stuff? I can't work out whether I want to be a Christian or any of the others lol

I'm new, just thought I'd say Hi :D

I've been a long term fan of Civs 1 and 2, I was never that keen on 3, I found it took all the worst features of Civ 2 and exacerbated them.

Recently got Civ 4, I have to say I can't play it enough, it's certainly the best on so far, love the AI and the combat. My one complaint is the illness, on harder difficulty levels, I seem to find all my city’s with that frustrating little green face on them :cry: so irritating!

apart from that, great stuff :)

Aloha, im still playing CivIII (with 2xpansion), and i think this will be the last one, i have played CivIV and i dont like enough to become a civaddict again. It's a pity i had discovered late this website, the forum in general is great what about i have seen it.

My greetings for all of u. Ispanika Ethnos anadelfon Ceuta.

Just wanted to introduce myself, I will probably be having a good read around before I start posting anything else, but having just joined, wanted to say hello.

I have been playing the Civilization games since the very first one came out. I started playing IV about 8 months ago, but it was my Dad's copy, and we often had to fight over who had the disc, but I have recently received the pack containing every version of Civilization, and the Warlords expansion pack. :D

Top Bottom