Welcome New Members

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by ainwood, Oct 14, 2005.

1. aronnax

aronnax Let your spirit be free

Isnt it weird that no one seems to care

2. Grrahnbahr

Grrahnbahr Chieftain

Hi, I'm new to this forum, but have readen posts here for a while. I'm 25 years old, and I've been playing civilization for about 5 years, and started with civ1. I like both singleplayer and multiplayer.

3. larrywoodbury

larrywoodbury Chieftain

Hello everyone, I just joined today and i'm a little new to mods. I have civ 3 complete where would i put the mods i download

4. Penry

Penry Chieftain

I've been reading this forum for ages and was registered under another name, but am now registered under the same name I use at other sites.......

5. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Chieftain

Hi! I am a recreational player and need your help to become better. I've played sporadically since Civ III, but I've never become very good. I now play Civ IV 1.61 and Warlords 2.08. So far I've won at Noble only on Space Race, and that took me until 2012. I don't want to be forever a noob, but as much as I like this game and try to figure it out, I still don't play it well enough to rank myself much above Ethelred the Unready -- he's actually one of my ancestors; maybe that's my problem! I will never be as serious as the HOF members and the modders, but I do want to learn to play well enough and fast enough to play an online game without making people mad. (Yes, I have had that experience and do not wish to repeat it!)

Anyway, you'll be seeing lots of questions from me in a number of forums.

6. Jtike75

Jtike75 Chieftain

Hey, This is Jeremy. Im 14, got civ 4 and im hooked. Read the manual like 11,000 times. Anyway I'm not real good for now but im playing a lot and reading lots of strategy guides. I just got a new desk and chair, I hung the tech tree poster on the wall, and keep the manual at my side at all times. Thats pretty much it - See you in the forums :)

7. imarks

imarks Chieftain

Hi there. I've been an occasional lurker for ages but am about to pose my first ever question on these excellent forums. I've played Civ on and off for years - since Civ II :)

8. Murfgator

Murfgator Chieftain

Hello Everone!!
    I'm 39 years old, married, living in Deland, FL and have been reading your wonderful site for tips and strategies, and a few months ago, downloaded and played Rise and Rule, and have become addicted to that mod. I have been playing Civ since its first inception, loved Civ II, and now play primarily C3C. Well, thats it for now, I may be asking questions down the road.

Thanks!!

Murfgator

9. fishfarm

fishfarm Chieftain

Hey hey hey.

10. Jan H

Jan H Prince

Hello, I'm Jan, I'm 27 yars old and I'm from Belgium.
    I've been playing Civ 1, 2 and 3 for ages (I remember playing it all night long while I was at college ;) ) Recently I bought the Civ Chronicles, and I started playing Civ4 and Civ3Complete. Therefore I started to look around on the Internet for some hints and strategies; and obviously, that's what brought me here :) It looks like a very nice forum!

11. tgrnry

tgrnry Chieftain

Greetings to all.
    I live in Mojave, CA - in the desert where it snowed today. I'm used to playing CivIII and switching now to CivIV.
    But my OS is Windows Vista and there's a problem with compatability. Does anyone have any ideas on this? If so please let me know. Thanks!!

12. hawkeyepk

hawkeyepk Chieftain

Been playing for a long time but was getting mad cause I couldn't win. No, with your knowledge I can conquer the world!

13. marauder68

marauder68 Chieftain

Hello! new here to civ. just thought to say hi!

14. Desu

Desu Chieftain

15. Donny73

Donny73 Chieftain

Hi all,

Have played since Civ 2. really enjoy Civ 4, so much that have spent upto 11 hrs playing. Look forward to discussing issues with all of you on this site.

16. hegemonkhan

hegemonkhan Warlord

Hi, civfanatics.com community. This is the first time I've ever done a post before and I'm not clear on all the rules and terminogy of posting. Hopefully, I am not or will not do anything against the rules. That's why i have done any posts but now I am because I saw the message saying im suppose to and am worried I'll be taken off if I don't so here it is. By the way, how frequently do I have to post stuff. I don't really like to respond much. I just like to listen to and read the posts. Well, I won't say to much about myself right now. But, I do love civ4. I haven't got warlords and probably won't. Right now I'm mostly playing Kael's Fall From Heaven 2 (FFH2) mod. Besides loving history and civ4 I also love fantasy and so this mod. I'm quite good at civ4 but am still green/ noobish wit FFH2. In civ4, I only know the mongol civ and play as Kublai Khan (KK). In FFH2, I play as the calabim as Alexis, because I love vampire stuff. I also like werewolves too (but there's no werewolf civ..cries...only a hero...oh well). I also jsut started trying the Sheim as Taboryn because I want to learn and use magic in combat and this leader has both arcane and summoner traits making him THEE magic leader though I don't like the civ as much as it also has ties wit ashen viel and the dragon cult. Well anyways I think this is already too long for a post so I'll stop cut off here. Hopefully, I did this right because I just wrote a lot:p

17. sid_notsil

sid_notsil Chieftain

Hi. I'm new and really casual civ4 player. I signed up to host a small mod/fix to the Epic timescale. My friends and I always thought it would be fun to play a game with the Epic timescale but on a normal-scale production. Anyways thanks all bye!

18. karstench

karstench Chieftain

Hi I am karsten from Switzerland. I am here to look at the SMR posts.

19. samuraishaka

samuraishaka Chieftain

Sawubona konke amadlali, igama lami ngu-Samurai ka Shaka. Dlala ngomZulu impela sifune uma uqatha! :king:

That is Zulu for "Hi, my name is Samurai Shaka, Play with a real Zulu if you dare!"

I love love love Civ because it has always included the Zulu Civilization of Emperor Shaka kaSenzanghakhona, which is where I come from. :p

amaZulu means People of the Sky / Heavens 777

I have had the gret honour to speak with HM our present day King, Indlovu Enkulu, (direct descendant of the line of Shaka via his brother King Mpande) The Great Elephant, His Royal Highness King Zwelithini, the reigning King of KwaZulu - The Kingdom of the Zulu, which is one of the few ancient Civ civilizations that still exists as a real Kingdom!!!

Bayete Nkosi - Ntabezitha (Zulu to express meaning like Banzai! or Long Live The King!

The Great Elephants bodyguards may be descended real Zulu warriors from ancient named royal regiments (Impis).

The Zulu Army (Impis) inflicted the most crushing defeat ever suffered by the British Empire and the Great White Queen's Army on the day of a solar eclipse, 22 January 1879: at the great Battle of Isandhlwana, the Sphinx resembling mountain, where King Cetewayo's General's and heroes like Nkosana of the Biyela Clan General of the celibate umCijo Regiment defeated Gen. Lord Chelmsford and the 2nd Btn. 24th (Warwickshire) Regiment of Foot (now part of the Southern Wales Borderers)! By coincidence the 24th's regimental badge was adorned by the Sphinx due to their battle against Napoleon in Egypt (1801).

The Regimets were based on an age system recruitment basis and were prohibited to have sex (and / or) marry until winning a battle (wash their spears!). Some warriors were still celibate at 30 or 40 years of age.

The first ever posthumuos VCs went to the brave officers (Lts. Coghill & Melvill) for trying to save the Quen's Colour.

Just after Battle of Rorke's Drift - most Victoria Crosses ever awarded for a single battle (11), And tragically, and coincidentally the glorious Bonaparte dynasty ended with the loss of the Prince Imperial (Louis Bonaparte).

Many later famous British soldiers like Gen. Smith-Dorrien, Gen. Glyn, Gen Wood, Gen. Buller etc made their names in this campaign.

Yet HM the current King is a close confidante of President Dr. Nelson Mandela, and like him, although descended from Warriors and Royalty, is now a great proponent of peace - and civilization.

One of another epic battles that took place within kwaZulu during the Boer War saw Sir Winston Churchill as a journalist, before his capture, incarceration then escape from the Boers, the Mahatma Gandhi as a stretcher bearer, Field Marshall Jan Smuts, a great warrior and peace maker, instigator and author of the Charter & Preamble of United Nations, and originator of the theory / philosophy of Holism. All at the same battle!

I lived and studied a long while in Japan and met some what i would call present day Samurai's and saw the Emperor there on New years Day, shouting Banzai, enduring symbol of the ancient dynasty of the Chrysanthenum Throne with all its ups and downs through history, from the Kamikaze defeats of the Khans and Mongols through the sinking of the Russian Fleet, that passed by the Port of Durban in kwaZulu in its journey around Africa b4 its ignominious defeat by the Imperial Navy, Pearl Harbour, and the nuclear attacks.

Have played for 20 years i think since the orig. board game way back when. Then spent many hours mastering the vesions thru dos thru to now.... also enkjoy chess, tavli - backgammon, bit of bridge, kite surfing, wild animal safaris, tennis and golf

Civ helps me focus and strategise, relax and sort through things when i play and I think it is an asset and tool for business, politics, sport and life situations. It teaches a mechanism for conflict resolution in many situations. Except for its addictive quality , it should be in the school curriculum!?

However, still finishing mastering CivIII Conquests.... is anyone else??? My question is is there any way to still play Civ III multiplayer games online? Or is III redundant and everyone only into IV, which I own , but will play online when i manage won more Civ III Conquests! Please help!? :mischief:

Am really hoping to play online in multiplayer

Challenge the Civilization of the Zulu online, by email, or direct IP on broadband. Come on - Discover your Sense of Adventure :goodjob: and you'll even learn some isiZulu, our language :lol:

Thats my challenge from the present Kingdom of the Zulu, The Sky People of Heaven
    :)

Bayete Nkosi, Ayihlome, Ngene, Hlebe. USUTHU!!!

WE LOVE CIVILIZATION 777
    WE LOVE STRATEGY 777
    WE LOVE WORTHY OPPONENTS
    WE MAKE WAR, BUT
    WE LOVE PEACE
    WE LOVE THE ZULU PEOPLE
    WE LOVE THE ZULU KINGDOM

20. MichOrion

MichOrion Chieftain

Great I have to follow that post. Anyways I'm Rick 28 years old originally from Michigan but stationed here in El Paso, TX. Yes I am a soldier in the US Army, better yet I'm in the Cav. If you want to know why I joined the Army I'll give you a standard answer. I've been playing Civ since Civ I back in middle school. I just got back to the US and bought Civ 4 a few days ago. All I can say is wow, what a great looking game. Great graphics, the sound is fantastic and the gameplay seems much better than Civ 3 which I never really liked.