Welcome New Members

Well, this is my first post on the CivFanatics Forums! I am a network analyst at a company in Allentown, PA - and I live in the area as well. I was first introduced to Civ2 by a friend and was instantly hooked. A while later my parents bought me Civ2 for the Mac and it became my favorite game. I have since bought Civ3 Gold and now Civ4 and it just keeps getting better - and more addictive!

I have traditionally played builder/perfectionist never being able to leave chieftain level because I had to win by being 20 techs ahead. Civ3 made this a bit harder and so I didn't play Civ3 as much. When Civ4 came to town, I played the demo and just had to have it. 50 bucks later I'm hooked again, and playing Civ4 every night.

The difference this time is that I want to become good. I've read countless strategy articles on this site and I want to get more involved to be able to refine my gameplay. I mostly play on monarch, but have beat a few games on noble. I always play standard although I'm considering turning off time victory and spaceship victory, so that someone has to beat everyone else.

I hope to see you all in the forums and hopefully I can add to the fun!!

bpierfy said:
Well, this is my first post on the CivFanatics etc.. I'm quite spooked that this also is my first post on CIV Fanatics & would have written exactly as above! Except of course that I'm English & moved through Amega to PC - never trod the Mac path. I'm quite keen thoug for someone to explain to me how to play a multi player game. I normally just fight the AI for perfection & know that I must be missing bucket loads in mulitplayer :rolleyes:

Hello everybody
I started Civing with CivII, and I have been lurking on the civfanatics forum since CivIII, even more so after I bought CivIV. I am a peaceful, science-oriented Civ-player with few but large cities. I generally play at noble. Currently I play the game in french (it's a great way to learn a foreign language)

PS: Civ is my favourite game series. I also play other TBS games RPGs and some RTS games.

Hello everyone, this is my first post. I actually started playing civ on super nintendo. My local video store had a copy that we rented continuously for a couple years!! Spent lots of money on late fees as a teenager. The funny thing about it was the SNES cartridge was messed up and wouldnt save, so we had to leave the game on constantly to finish. We would unhook it form the tv so we could watch what we wanted. So I certainly had a unique introduction to the civ world. My best friend got a computer in the mid 90's so i was able to play civ2 at his house for a couple years, and by the time I finally got a computer in late 98/early 99, civ2 multiplayer gold edition was out, and it became the first software i ever bought. I have since played all 3 versions of civ3 and a little bit of civ4, though my heart is still with c3c. I have been a long time browser of the forums, but recently i have gotten into modding a bit, so i have been a regular reader and downloader.

I am from a small town a few hours southwest of Chicago, and i work for the American Red Cross. I also play Day of Defeat regularly. It has drawn a fair amount of my attention in the last year or so, but civ is always something i can come back to. It never gets old... after a decade of playing, discovering alphabet is still as exciting as it ever was.

Hello,

I played civ III and civ IV. I joined this forum after stumbled across it via google. I was thinking of creating a new civ mod, but until I've gone through all the tips and tricks, i'll keep that idea in mind.

THat's all, i guess.

I wouldn't consider myself new to this place, just that this is my first post. I've actually had a forum membership since April 2003, just kinda forgot to use it, since I never posted. I suppose all of this time I had never bothered to sign in. What really gave me the clue that I had registered is when I recieved a birthday notice from CivFanatics... I had totally forgotten about registering.

Let's see... April 2003... I was still in my Senior year of High School... Must've been playing Civ3 at the time and decided to register so that I could ask questions, and what not... Then I guess I just didn't.

Ah well... for those who'd like to know, I'm a 21 year old gamer who enjoys Strategy games and RPGs. I've got an Associates Degree in Computer Applications and Programming, and am currently working as a CPU tech for a company called Redemtech.

Hello everyone!

Being this is my first post on this forum,I just wish to say that this site gets a big thumbs up!!

Civ 2 was my first game and I've been hooked on it since.I plan on making every use of this site and hope to add some input if I can down the road.

I am 29 years old. I have been playing civ for a decade. At age 19 I played on my brothers mac. I am obviously hooked. Everytime I put in civ4 the game tells me my system does not support civ4, and then it lets me play anyway. It can't support the end game because there is to much information for my computer, but you know what? I play anyway, I can't stop.:crazyeye:

Hi all, I am new to this site and wanted to say hi. I just purchased civ4 and I am having many of the same problems that I am reading about. I have downloaded the patch and changed some of the game settings and that seemed to help for awhile. I am now up to 1936AD and my game errors and I get in a small civ box that says DBGHELP too old! Has anyone seen this before? Will this game ever work properly or should it be recalled? This game can't even be played with the sound on! Thanks Dennyamy

Hey everybody. Long time civer, first time poster.

I've been a huge fan of the game since civII, lost large blocks of my life to civIII, and now I'm hopelessly addicted to cIV, as my wife often reminds me.

The CivFanatics Forums have added alot of depth to my game, and I'd like to be able to contribute back to other players.

14 years of playing Civ and still going strong. Gone are the days you could hack the save file. As are the times when you could bribe a town to your side.

Civ IV is nicely different. But this old dog must learn new tricks.

Hello All

My first post, just want to say hello.

My start in Civ goes back to Railroad Tycoon. I bought Railroad Tycoon, bought a strategy guide, and experienced my first OMG it is 2AM (or 3AM or 4AM). The next year I was in a computer store talking to the clerk and he had a new game by the same guy who did Railroad Tycoon and he heard the new game was good. I doubted it could be as good as Railroad Tycoon, but I decided to give it a shot. Good Choice!
I have owned every game in the series, just learning Civ4. I already have learned to fear Praetorians.
I have lurked at this site for a while, if only I could apply all the information that could be learned here.
I hope, time permitting, to become a decent Civ4 player. If only I didn't have to work

Hello

I am a long time follower of the posts and have enjoyed the mods (civ 3 as well as the beginning of civ 4)
Warm congratulation to the dedicated modists and thank you for all I have found in this site

i prefer to keep the difficulty nice and low so i can feel likei am dominating the computers...getting beat by a computer makes me feel bad :sad:
but here's to hoping i can get my winning strategies here!:D

A veritable tidal wave of first posts! How fabulous. Remember once you hit 30 posts and thirty days you can have a custom avatar.
[party]

So get crackin' and post away. Don't forget to visit CFC's own wild west show in the Off Topic forum. It's fast and unpredictable in its predictableness and we'll get you up to 30 posts in no time. ;)

Welcome!

Heh. I haven't posted on this thread yet.

If you can't tell from my sig I am a fan of Alpha Centauri and The Life and Times of Juniper Lee as well, if any of you may have heard.

I am now participating in my first succession game. I never play multiplayer due to my crappy connection (SUCCESSION DON'T COUNT AS MULTI OK).

Thought I'd make my first post, been lurking for a while now. Been playing Civ since the beginning. Really enjoying Civ4 - much better than 3.

Top Bottom