1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome New Members

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by ainwood, Oct 14, 2005.

1. SidJustice

SidJustice Chieftain

Hi ho everyone i joined because ive enjoyed when i first played it on Ps1 but now that ive got a pc. I can play more interactively with everyone. This Sid Justice telling everyone to get there game on LOL.

2. Mikanius

Mikanius Chieftain

Hi all, been playing civ since the original. But have never had success beyond the middle difficulties and then I discovered this site just days ago. No, I don't surf the web much. Currently playing civ4 with limited success at the noble level and looking to improve on that and seeing all the great posts promises me that all will be better from now on.:) Thanks for a great site.....................................Mikanius

3. glosrob

glosrob Chieftain

Hi all

I've been playing Civ since the very first one appeared and convinced to get an Amiga 500+ (and ditch my Megadrive) :)

I've always struggled on the harder difficulties (I think due to my strange need to build every available building in every city). Currently playing BtS and trying lots of different strategies to improve my game.

Can't believe how much useful stuff there is on this site, love it :)

4. Dewion

Dewion Chieftain

Hi everyone, this is my very first post...
    Just learning how to use this forum... :p

5. BlueRaven

BlueRaven Chieftain

Hello Everyone, I am new here!

6. Thinker19930602

Thinker19930602 Ideas Guy (a.k.a.Thinker)

Hello

I am new to the posting, but i have downloaded mods like snafusmith's Modern Warfare Mod (Play it!), So I'm used to reading posts and am familiar with some of the forum's topics.

7. BEM

BEM Chieftain

Hi,

I'm a new member who has enjoyed playing CIV2 for many years. My version is on CD originally released for Win 95. I have been playing on Win2000 using patches for the video and audio files but recently my computer crashed and I lost the patches. I would welcome any suggestions on where I can download the patches I need for Win2000.:)

Cheers, BEM

8. keiren

keiren Chieftain

hi im new just saying hi

9. newtoo

newtoo Chieftain

Hello all!! I'm very excited to be here! I'm an avid Civ 2 and 3 player who just downloaded Civ4 from Direct2 Drive. Unfortunately I'm experiencing some problems with my downloaded file. Does anyone out there know what to do about this Init Error that says: Error loading shader libraries. I've reloaded this several times and had no luck. I'm looking forward to playing sooooo much. PLEASE HELP ME!!!

newtoo.:confused: :confused:

10. rt99

rt99 Chieftain

Hi I just downloaded the SDK for civ4, does anyone know how to use it? I'm unsure what to do:confused: from rt99

11. TDOG

TDOG Chieftain

I am an old wargamer from the 60's who has found lots of fun playing the Civ 3 and 4 games (single player). My kids and grandkids are into shooters, but I get killed too quickly in them! Turn-based is about my speed! Don't know how often I will post here, but I am having a great time with Beyond the Sword.

12. phoenixemperor

phoenixemperor Chieftain

Hi there. I'm an avid Civ player since Civ 3 from New Zealand. Still not that great at Civ IV (still only playing at Warlord level), but I'm learning and hoping to improve. Just got Beyond The Sword, and while I wish they had put in Austria instead of the Holy Roman Empire, the expansion is one of the best I have experienced for any game. GG Firaxis.

13. Digger065

Digger065 Chieftain

G'day all,
    just bought Civ4 a couple of days ago ($25 EB games here in Oz) and really enjoying the Civilization series again. I have played Civ3 including Conquests and really enjoyed the game. Previously to Civ3, I played Civ2 on the Playstation 1 (very l-o-n-g game when waiting for AI moves). Also played Civ 1 on the old Amiga many moons ago.. I remember pre-ordering Civ1 for $80.00 :eek: but it was the best thing since sliced bread at the time (early 90s) ;)

Im casual player but really enjoy the Civ franchise especially all the new "bells n whistles' of Civ4 :D

14. Xanthia

Xanthia Chieftain

I just want to say hi to all the old and new members on cf.

15. Lord Templar

Lord Templar Chieftain

Hi. Im new to this site and game. Not much happens in a small town so this game is great!!! I got CivIII and am gonna get Civ IV soon. Whatever.

16. Bruce Duncan

Bruce Duncan Chieftain

Hi all. I'm new to this forum but I have been a fan of civ for about 14 years. (I remember sitting up all night with civ1 on my 386). Its good to see some others oldies who are addicted. Do I get the impression that some fans are pretty exclusively into civ and not other games?

17. Meteor Man

Meteor Man En Route to M81

This is my first thread EVER!:D Hello!

18. Root Beer

Root Beer Chieftain

Hello to all, I have been playing civ IV since March '07 and I am hooked on it. Recently graduated to warlord level:woohoo: . Recently bought BtS and played FF, it is truly amazing.

19. chrimwinster

chrimwinster Chieftain

Hi all
    No more usenet for me - time to use this great sites forums
    Played civ since the first
    Civ 2 was total addiction, Deity space win 1817 my best, plus 50 straight deity wins
    civ 3 a bore
    civ 4 getting better and better )

ATB
    Chrimwinster

20. jebowers

jebowers Chieftain

Hi everyone! I'm new here. Looking forward to playing some new Civ IV scenarios!