1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome New Members

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by ainwood, Oct 14, 2005.

1. Mr_Cheese

Mr_Cheese Chieftain

Hi all, I just joined to do some research into some BTS bugs. Been checking these forums since Civ III though - they're a great resource!

2. sys2061

sys2061 Chieftain

G'day! I've been hooked since I played someone else's copy of Civ for DOS in the early 90s. Since then, I've bought CivNet, Call to Power and recently Civilization Chronicles (Civ I-IV plus Civ the Card Game), plus budget copies of CTP II and Civ II ToT somewhere along the way.

Civ I and CivNet are the only versions I've played extensively. Sometimes I think my brain can only hold a single technology tree, so I may never be able to learn any other strategy game!

I'm slowly getting the hang of Civ IV, but I would still love to play CivNet against a human being. (It runs so fast on a modern PC, especially compared to Civ IV! In single player mode, anyway.)

3. Newbie civer

Newbie civer Chieftain

Hello al i am new to the civ games and this sites and so fr its great

4. Torrerob

Torrerob Chieftain

It works so Thank U

5. General_Craig

General_Craig Chieftain

Hi everyone, I've been a long time Civ player, my first taste was Civ 1 on the old Atari St.. followed the series from there really
    I've only ever been good enough to play warlord difficulty on the previous civ games, but i've decided to stick with noble on Civ 4 and see how long it takes me to win a game - so far i've been waiting about 2 weeks, with no luck :lol:

6. Cer

Cer Warlord

I hope nobody minds that i didn't read the whole thread, all 3600+ posts.

I played Civ 1 long ago. If I remember right, I was in my early teens, and mostly played on "chieftain" (easiest) or warlord level since that meant the computer didn't "cheat" too much. I think I was using a top of the line, 33 megahertz computer with 16 megabytes of RAM. More than sufficient for civ 1.

Now I play civ 4 on a computer 1.5 gigahertz computer with 192 megs of ram, and this poor thing gets really slow on "small" maps. "tiny" maps are less fun, so i've settled on using "small" but with standard my computer makes me wait 30 seconds between moving one unit and moving the next unit, and I have to wait ~4 minutes between turns. Ouch.

I have never played civ2 or civ3.

7. monsterfarmer

monsterfarmer Chieftain

hello everyone what is this site about

8. BokajSnede

BokajSnede Chieftain

I have signed on today. The reason for signing up is that this is a greate site I have watching this site since before Civ3 was released.
    It is a greate site and I love playing GOTM and reading the strategies that is posted. Hereby getting better and better at playing the CIV game.

Keep on the good work on the site and long live CIV.

9. otto khan

otto khan Chieftain

Hello Civ4 fans,
    I bought Civ4 & Warlords last Christmas time and it worked well for several
    months. Then I started to get a stop error(Blue screen) related to the video
    card (Nvidia Ge Force 5200). After months of haggling with Dell they finally replaced the card,albeit with a refurbished card instead of a new one. I no longer have that problem but now late in the game the Wonder Movies cause the computer to crash. At first I got a fatal error-memory allocation failure message but now the game locks up and I have to unplug it to do anything.Why it changed from one type of crash to the other is a complete mystery to me. I've tried the 1.61 and 2.08 patches without success. Does anyone have any ideas? My OS is Windows XP Home if that makes a difference.

10. Raguel

Raguel Chieftain

Hello all

I found out about this mod via f13. Great job to all those involved. :thumbsup:

11. ozriam

ozriam Chieftain

I´m new here but I´m not new to the game. Been playing civ since the release of the first game and I am still loving it. I´m from Sweden BTW. Writing this because I need 1 post to upload my scenario for FFH 2.
    Have a good one!

12. longwong

longwong Chieftain

I'm a long-duration player from Hong Kong.

I mean.... I always play with the same game for a very long time if I like it.

Therefore, I have been playing Civ4 since it was launched.... till now...still.

Im now starting to find additional elements from the web such as mods, scen... etc.

Hope I can find some interesting things here.

Thanks for creating this web site.

13. Lexa_sib

Lexa_sib Chieftain

Hi all,
    I've joined today but was visitinf this site before.
    Started playing Civ in 1993 and so found all these civ series are the best.

also wanted to add - this site is really good!

14. Underpaid

Underpaid Multi units...

Hi, people. I've been combing through this site for a while now and thought I should actually join. So... here I am.

15. sterben

sterben Chieftain

Guess I should finally post something.

I've been around for a while but haven't really had much to say. I never played civilization before Civ4 but I did play Alpha Centauri for a while.

I play BTS now that it has arrived, and have moved from noble to prince level mostly from reading the wonderful threads here such as the ALC games. To be honest, I almost enjoy reading/watching others games and feedback as much as I do playing the game itself.

Now that I'm starting to get better at the game I will post more ;)

16. Seven3000

Seven3000 Chieftain

I finally joind the site.

17. Az99

Az99 Chieftain

Hi I never did like Civilization much untill i got civ3. Now i love it and great site.

18. DMOC

DMOC Mathematician

Hi guys...just arrived, been playing civ a long time before i even came up with this site which shoudl be very helpful to me.

19. Mightion

Mightion Chieftain

Greetings, all.

I picked up Beyond the Sword last week, and found this place while looking for tips. That, and I got lost in the Civ 4 stories forum for a few days....

Anyway, I've been playing Civ since Civ II, off and on. Never came a master of it (anything over the second difficulty level tends to get me pushed into the ocean :cry:); but I've spent many hours sending tanks against archers. :)

My favorite Civ moment ever was in Civ II when I proposed an alliance to someone, I forget who, and they replied what is seen in my signature. :) It was probably because of players like me they took Fundamentalism out of the game. :D

My favorite Empire to read about in history was the Byzantine Empire, and it's great that I can play as the Byzantines now (never picked up any Civ 3 expansions); though I wish they'd added Basil II... Aggressive/organized, perhaps...

Anyway, that's it for now. :)

20. LemonJello

LemonJello Warlord

Been playing since Civ I came out for the 486...I blame my college grades on both it and CivII...Civ 3 helped me keep my sanity while in Afghanistan and then I picked up Civ4 before my last trip abroad. The addiction never went away, it kept getting fed!

I was also a big fan of Colonization, and I played Alpha Centauri for a while, too. Oh, and Pirates is a good diversion when you don't feel like taking over the whole world.

Sid, what have you done to me????