1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome New Members

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by ainwood, Oct 14, 2005.

1. civfan2.0

civfan2.0 Chieftain

lol thanks now i got my acc up and running!

2. bljack333

bljack333 Chieftain

Been playing off and on since Civ2 and lurking around here.

Thanks to all the efforts of the community for making Civ what it is today!

:goodjob:

3. TinyCreature

TinyCreature Chieftain

Hi all,

I've been playing Civ since CivII, and ever since CivIV came along I've been complitely addicted to the game. I usually play huge/epic/continents aiming for either cultural or space victories (yeah, I know:rolleyes: ).

I'm 29, a wife and a mother of a toddler. Preg with child #2.

4. ShadowSonic

ShadowSonic Chieftain

Hi there, I'm ShadowSonic.

I've been playing the Civ series for about 10-11 years now, funny I waited so long to join up.

Anyways I just wanted to say hi.

5. Cheller

Cheller Chieftain

Hi,

Im new to here and will probaly have a good time. Im 13 and started Civ 4 a year and a haf ago so im relitivly new to the series.

6. vonManstein

vonManstein Chieftain

Hi there, long time lurker, first time registerer.

I'm a 25 year old canuck living in Portugal, I have a degree in poitical science and law and am a long time Civ fan.

I'm glad to be a part of this great site!

7. Assuro

Assuro Chieftain

I just started playing, and all my friends are addicted too. The problem is that I keep on wanting to play Prince online with them but they're all stuck on settler.

8. puppychow

puppychow Chieftain

Hi, my name is kevin i have played civ since civ III came out. i have a question. when i install update 2.13 for worlords i keep getting an error when i start up the game. the error is "unable to load shaders" . i am runnning windows vista ,1 gig of ram,nividia 6600le video card. if anyone else is having same prob or knows of a solution please help me thx

9. IhateJimmyPage

IhateJimmyPage Chieftain

Hi everyone. I wanted to use a dif user name but it wouldn't fit :/ I took this one from one of my favorite band's / songs.

About my Civ experiences:

I've been playing on and off since the first one. I played civ I over at my friends house and never once actually finished a game there, but I knew I was addicted right from the start. I played Civ II A LOT, but never went higher than warlord on it even though I almost always obliterated the computer. I dunno why I was afraid to, but whatever :p

Now here I am playing civ IV / BTS, I picked up Civ IV about half a year ago and have been playing it a lot on and off. Recently it's pretty much consumed all of my free time, though I'm still not very good at it. I play at Warlord and have been trying Noble, but I almost always get frustrated when I try that. Slowly working my way up, the learning curve on this game is ridiculous.

Music is my one other true passion, I'm always listening to Itunes when I play instead of the in game music... not that it's bad or anything, I just like listening to my own music more.

That's pretty much all there is, Hi Everyone!

10. jmick175

jmick175 Chieftain

Hey all.

I stumbled upon this from the Civ4 website when I was trying to figure out why my game was crashing. Found the answer in about 5 minutes and have been back to playing ever since. Thanks, guys.

11. AtomicAl

AtomicAl Chieftain

I guess you could call me a registered lurker as I've been a member since Aug 2002 and this is my first post. A big part of that is being a truck driver, finding time to read threads here is difficult sometimes. Finding time to play is even harder.

I've been playing Civilization since Civ II and even though I am not good, I still enjoy at least building a fledgling civilization (never have time to get very far into the modern age).

12. 0Melkor

0Melkor Chieftain

Hi, this is my first post, but i'm not here because of civ4, but i just found out about this site.

13. slim46au

slim46au Chieftain

I have played Civilization IV on Windows XP not problem, I recently brought a new PC with windows Vista installed and when I get to the last 100 years the game shuts down and I get a message that there was unknow compatibilty issues and the program closes. Any Ideas on how I might be able to fix this problem?

Regards
    Slim

14. AMonkey70

AMonkey70 Chieftain

hi all

I've been coming to civ fanatics since i found out you could edit units and such in civ three. I've played all civs except for the new one, and loved everyone. I love the units i find on the site and all the information about modding the game. this is a great site

15. Fredeye

Fredeye Warlord

I've been lifting UUs off this site for quite a while so I thoght I'd make myself official. I was stationed in Europe for 11+ years (USAF 21yrs) in three countries (NL,GE,UK) and love art and history. I play Civ3 as an escape, not for competition and would like to get into modding.

16. Torrerob

Torrerob Chieftain

I'm no expert, but u could try to exclude time as a victory condition. Then U won't come to the 100 years before end notification.

good luck:king:

17. eaglet123

eaglet123 Chieftain

Hi everyone! I'm eaglet123,however,you can call me Arno~
    I'm a student in university now.I study IC which I hate it very much.
    My dream is to be a scholar on economics and politics.

I play Civilization3 from 5 years ago,when I was in high school.Before that,I have been trying different games for years,but I had never found my favourite one.Yet I knew Civilization,and I finally found the game for my life.Really!

At my place, 99 of 100 persons like playing on-line games only.They can't understand why I love Civilization. I say: I have been searching for ten years till now,and I get it.

18. Carabodes

Carabodes Timid Viking Warlady

Have been using this site since CivIV appeared on the market (and in my pocket), but only now registered, mostly out of curiousity: "What features was I denied by not registering?"

Well, now I know.

So; - hello there.

Not much to say for the time being, may be back later with long list of things in BtS (my frustration is piling - disappearing privateers and emigrating workers being the least of my problems).

Being of viking blood descending from the bloodthirsty Earls of Møre, this old auntie from Bergen is eagerly playing for fun, trying her best to avoid war (being more civilized than my ancestors?), but pride I do have, so:
    THE VIKING HELMET WAS NEVER EQUIPPED WITH HORNS!

The hornes were used as drinking cups for mead, and when not filled with that potent liquid, the horns were usually worn hanging from the belt, so as to be ready to be filled with mead.

And I hate Ragnar, by the way, may be 'cause he's listed as king of Sweden and Denmark - the norsemen had better :king:s!

19. mravioli

mravioli Chieftain

maybe....detachable horns that attached to the helmet?

hi all, ive already been posting for a while as you can see, but i havent been playing for about a month since im in india and i forgot to install civ 4 on my dads laptop.

is there really no modpack that makes the game run smoother and faster, i don't care even if its civ 2 graphics. i get really annoyed at 1950+ where each turn takes 3 minutes to pass. i also want to ask: would it be legal for me to use daemon tools to run civ 4 without a cd so i dont have to risk scratching it? I absolutely assure you i legally purchased the game, ill even upload the receipt when i get back to Texas.

Favorite Leader: Gandhi (I'm Indian)

BTW i only own vanilla

20. Chaos Emerald

Chaos Emerald Chieftain

Hey, my name's Chaos Emerald, I'm think ing about getting a civ game because my friend, Ironman, plays it a lot and it seems interesting. He got me to join here so I could get some info before I buy. Looking forward to some fun here!